TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
We don't know everything that transpired yet we just know they are investigating, alot of conflicting statements coming from MS, alot of things dont gel.
I'm pretty sure LE stated that DB is the only suspect and that everything indicates that he did what he did alone. LE also stated that they believe DB is the person who murdered Cash and are simply waiting for some lab results, I believe.

As of now, I have no reason to believe MS or anyone else other than DB is responsible for Cash's death. People can still be shady and not be child killers. Not saying she is shady though.

I think the twins might have been there on occasion. The dad moved in around mid Feb but I have a hunch she took care of the kids at least sometimes before that. Speculation. Imo
Its not really speculation; though not necessarily true, it *is* her story that she cared for the children on many occasions <modsnip> dad moved in. I think it's probably the case, there wouldn't be much reason to make it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip>

Is anyone developing a timeline of events? I think DB could have been arrested 6 times for various acts, but was actually arrested 3 times, then ultimately only the 1 evading incident was charged before the kidnapping?

2/8/2021 * DB arrested at MS1 home on Florina, but then charges dropped (4)
2/14/2021 * TG and twins move in at MS1 home (3)
3/xx/2021 * DB seen on ring camera trespassing and opening gate at neighbor Alvarez home ten weeks before kidnapping (1)
3/1 or 3/26/2021 * TG disappears abandoning twins at MS1 home "early March" (3)
4/18/2021 * DB arrested for threatening neighbor with hammer at 7521 Bayberry, charges dropped (5)
4/xx/2021 * DB seen on ring camera smashing a surveillance camera (per community meeting)
4/27/2021 * DB arrested at Fite Lane for evading police, charged, misdemeanor, due in court 5/28 (6)
5/13/2021 * MS1 finds DB visiting at her home while she is out, tells DB to leave (3)
5/15/2021 * DB seen on Arlo camera at MS1 home committing burglary and kidnapping of 4 y/o Cash (3)
5/15/2021 * DB seen on Arlo camera at MS1 home committing burglary in room with sleeping 4 y/o Carter (3)
5/15/2021 * DB arrested and charged initially with kidnapping and theft, with bail $750,000 (2)
5/27/2021 * Charges against DB have changed/updated and at this date now include:
kidnapping bail $750,000,
1st burglary/int bail $750,000,
2nd burglary/int,
Injury to child (2)

(1) "...Alvarado's doorbell camera captured the chilling footage around 10 weeks before little Cash was brutally killed. Brown is seen lurking..."
Moment Cash Gernon's 'killer' lurks outside home weeks before murdering boy

(2) Dallas County Online Jail Search

(3) "... two days prior..." and "... February 14..." and more
Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

(4) Police arrest two individuals in zip code 75249 in February
Surname used Gillbrown

(5) unable to locate link but I remember reading the address

(6) Unable to locate source for Fite Lane at this time.
4/27/2021 Case#2155422

Dallas County Criminal Background Search

https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts/

ETA: fix typos

Just an observation here….

A lot of things don’t necessarily make sense to us and I get that. I think that if you take a step back and view the the living conditions, transient nature of people coming and going, past family history, arrests, violence, substance abuse etc., it’s pretty clear that these families and connections are living lives in a manner that is completely foreign to us. Conflicting stories, CPS involvement, less than safe environment is all par for the course. Lies and subterfuge are ingrained. It’s a matter of self preservation in the world in which they live.

I would wager that most, if not all of us, can’t even comprehend living like MS and her brood. The stories don’t add up. Consider who we are dealing with here because we can’t take our values and make them work in MS’s world or TG’s world. It will never be compatible.

Tbh, I’m not sure MS is completely with us but I don’t think she, or her family, are involved in any way and LE has specifically addressed this.

DB killed Cash and no one else.

Eventually the story will be told but for now the discrepancies will keep on coming. It’s the nature of the beast.

MOO

Just an observation here….

A lot of things don’t necessarily make sense to us and I get that. I think that if you take a step back and view the the living conditions, transient nature of people coming and going, past family history, arrests, violence, substance abuse etc., it’s pretty clear that these families and connections are living lives in a manner that is completely foreign to us. Conflicting stories, CPS involvement, less than safe environment is all par for the course. Lies and subterfuge are ingrained. It’s a matter of self preservation in the world in which they live.

I would wager that most, if not all of us, can’t even comprehend living like MS and her brood. The stories don’t add up. Consider who we are dealing with here because we can’t take our values and make them work in MS’s world or TG’s world. It will never be compatible.

Tbh, I’m not sure MS is completely with us but I don’t think she, or her family, are involved in any way and LE has specifically addressed this.

DB killed Cash and no one else.

Eventually the story will be told but for now the discrepancies will keep on coming. It’s the nature of the beast.

MOO
I agree. I think they, all of them, including the biological mother, are refraining from making certain details public. Which is fair, we don't have to know everything.

These people will have to live with this tragedy for the rest of their lives. MS has to live with the fact that a child that was not related to her, but she most likely loved, was killed under her watch.

His father has to live with the fact that he abandoned his children and one of them died a terrible death.

His mother will have to live with the fact that she lost Cash forever and most likely with the feeling of guilt for not doing more to get her sons back. And I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but the biological mother's story is a bit strange too. The father takes off with the twins and nobody, not the mother, not the grandmother, reports them missing? Nobody even raises the alarm on social media?

So yeah, MS, the father and the mother, didn't kill Cash but they will have to live with the fact that Cash was murdered for the rest of their lives. And there's still Carter who will know he lost his brother and will eventually find out the truth, and he will have to grieve his brother all over again. The suffering never stops, so I don't really put much thought into why the timeline doesn't add up, because the truth is that DB killed an innocent child and the "what if's" are not going to change it or bring Cash back.

Justice for Cash.

I am confused as to why DB is not charged with murder/manslaughter yet? What is more to investigate. If they know he injured Cash and Cash is dead why is there no homocide charge? I don't understand the wait to upgrade. The only thing I can think of is if they think he was acting under a state of delusion and meant to hurt him but not kill him. I am only guessing.

I am confused as to why DB is not charged with murder/manslaughter yet? What is more to investigate. If they know he injured Cash and Cash is dead why is there no homocide charge? I don't understand the wait to upgrade. The only thing I can think of is if they think he was acting under a state of delusion and meant to hurt him but not kill him. I am only guessing.
<modsnip> Waiting for forensics.

Thread is re-opened after a significant cleanup.

Of Note:
-Support statements being made as fact with a link to the direct quote(s). This case is very confusing and the slightest mis-interpretations of statements being retold creates a spiral of confusion.
-The link previously posted alleging a prior incident at the residence of MS is not an approved source; approved sources are LE statements, MSM articles (no blogs or non mainstream news sources), and Court/Government sites.
-At this time there is nothing from LE pointing to any additional POI’s and the Victim Friendly Rule is in full effect

If you are uncertain if a link is considered to be MSM please use the report link at the bottom of a recent post and ask a moderator BEFORE posting the link in question.

Last edited:
We have a family friend who was inexplicably and brutally murdered last year. I started a thread but could not then and still haven’t been able to follow-up. I am almost ready to open that door.
My point is that sociopathic traits or behaviors are oftentimes passed off or denied as fortunately for all of us, the sociopath does not always become a murderer or accomplice. And a minor is rarely diagnosed as a sociopath. DB just turned 18 in the middle of Covid winter, so it’s doubtful he had much physical contact with his Mental Health/Behavioral provider in a long time.
There is something chillingly blank in DB’s expression; I don’t see any emotion.

I am still struck by the fact he says "and from what it appeared, Monica was a trustworthy person". I read and re-read, and that just jumps out at me...

DB was arrested for kidnapping. Not murder. People are saying "thankfully there were cameras to capture this". I agree. The cameras caught a kidnapping - not a murder. So since the footage wasn't released by LE, why are people assuming this person killed Cash? What if, hypothetically, DB's role in the crime was exactly what is shown on camera, and that someone involved in this terrible crime took advantage of DB, knowing "if DB does this part of the crime, he will be on camera"? Yes, footage is crucial, and can solve crimes. But sometimes it can lead people in the wrong direction, whether intentionally or unintentionally. The point is that it's possible someone camera savvy tried to set up DB and used the footage to fit a narrative. I don't know exactly how, what, or why. I'm not going to guess. DB would be an easy target, as people have seen him creeping around before. We also don't know his mental status. People here are saying he's a maniac - which he may be. But what if, hypothetically, his mental problems are such that he'd be easy to take advantage of if trying to pin a crime on someone? Someone like Brandon Dassey, for instance. Again, I'm just hypothesizing. It would be unfair not to consider the source of the footage. And when I said "edited", I think by that I mean, in general that there is more to this footage, and that the source must be considered because it didn't come from LE. Like, were there other cameras in the house? Someone put the video together that the DM released. Someone sold five minutes of footage, 30 minutes - we don't know. But that matters. Because everyone is assuming DB - without a murder charge - killed Cash. I'm not accusing anyone, because I don't know who killed Cash. DB played a role. But what if he was actually being framed by someone for some reason that may make as little sense to us as why DB would take Cash? With no context, it would be fair to presume DB did kill cash. But given the strange circumstances surrounding the entire situation, how can you rule out that he wasn't being assisted? IMO he was following orders. May not have known what he was getting into. I agree after seeing comparisons, it certainly looks like DB in the night footage. I rushed to judgement thinking it was two different people. I'm not certain, but it looks like him. The glasses element is strange. The footage, in this case - everything about it - raises far more questions than it does answer them, so I'm asking people assuming DB murdered Cash because he's seemingly the person removing cash from the bed - look, we don't know even know how Cash got to the bed. The footage shows a couple minutes of what could have been several hours or longer. Another observation, is it possible the reaction I noted when the perp removes the blanket and seems to jump back, as if surprised, is it possible that is from a smell? Some people noted urine, vomit, One last point re: footage, why does it start with a twin getting into bed? If it was motion activated, wouldn't it more likely start with someone getting into bed? So when I say it's "edited", I mean it is a fact that someone put the video out in the manner it was released. It came from the media. The media impacts the way people think. DM makes money off of clicks. IThat video doesn't show DB murdering Cash. Yes, forensics take time. If DB did this all himself, there would be a murder charge. JMO. Still a few pages behind, but I don't think there has been a murder charge. Sorry for repetitions/formatting. Justice for Cash.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the Injury to Child charge is regarding the other twin Carter, and not the murdered twin Cash? Is it Injury to touch the child while he sleeps during the commission of Burglary of Habitation With Intent to Commit Other Felony?

BTW they have now added additional bail amounts totalling $1,625,000.

Dallas County Online Jail Search

Kidnap 750,000
1 Burglary/Int 750,000
2 Burglary/Int 75,000
Injury to Child 50,000
Hold/Kidnapping 00

DB was arrested for kidnapping. Not murder. People are saying "thankfully there were cameras to capture this". I agree. The cameras caught a kidnapping - not a murder. So since the footage wasn't released by LE, why are people assuming this person killed Cash? What if, hypothetically, DB's role in the crime was exactly what is shown on camera, and that someone involved in this terrible crime took advantage of DB, knowing "if DB does this part of the crime, he will be on camera"? Yes, footage is crucial, and can solve crimes. But sometimes it can lead people in the wrong direction, whether intentionally or unintentionally. The point is that it's possible someone camera savvy tried to set up DB and used the footage to fit a narrative. I don't know exactly how, what, or why. I'm not going to guess. DB would be an easy target, as people have seen him creeping around before. We also don't know his mental status. People here are saying he's a maniac - which he may be. But what if, hypothetically, his mental problems are such that he'd be easy to take advantage of if trying to pin a crime on someone? Someone like Brandon Dassey, for instance. Again, I'm just hypothesizing. It would be unfair not to consider the source of the footage. And when I said "edited", I think by that I mean, in general that there is more to this footage, and that the source must be considered because it didn't come from LE. Like, were there other cameras in the house? Someone put the video together that the DM released. Someone sold five minutes of footage, 30 minutes - we don't know. But that matters. Because everyone is assuming DB - without a murder charge - killed Cash. I'm not accusing anyone, because I don't know who killed Cash. DB played a role. But what if he was actually being framed by someone for some reason that may make as little sense to us as why DB would take Cash? With no context, it would be fair to presume DB did kill cash. But given the strange circumstances surrounding the entire situation, how can you rule out that he wasn't being assisted? IMO he was following orders. May not have known what he was getting into. I agree after seeing comparisons, it certainly looks like DB in the night footage. I rushed to judgement thinking it was two different people. I'm not certain, but it looks like him. The glasses element is strange. The footage, in this case - everything about it - raises far more questions than it does answer them, so I'm asking people assuming DB murdered Cash because he's seemingly the person removing cash from the bed - look, we don't know even know how Cash got to the bed. The footage shows a couple minutes of what could have been several hours or longer. Another observation, is it possible the reaction I noted when the perp removes the blanket and seems to jump back, as if surprised, is it possible that is from a smell? Some people noted urine, vomit, One last point re: footage, why does it start with a twin getting into bed? If it was motion activated, wouldn't it more likely start with someone getting into bed? So when I say it's "edited", I mean it is a fact that someone put the video out in the manner it was released. It came from the media. The media impacts the way people think. DM makes money off of clicks. IThat video doesn't show DB murdering Cash. Yes, forensics take time. If DB did this all himself, there would be a murder charge. JMO. Still a few pages behind, but I don't think there has been a murder charge. Sorry for repetitions/formatting. Justice for Cash.

We have not heard a peep about finding bloody clothing , to me thats unusual , especially if a knife was found and where it was found is an important tidbit IMO

Same reason 2 young lad would take a small child and abuse him (James bulger) , some people are just wired up wrong and they see kids as an easy target...he must of clocked things to give him the idea that he could easily snatch Cash. The fact he had hot away with it must of given him the balls to go back and do it again...wonder why he stopped

In this case, that's not what happened. And that's why the going back for the other twin part makes no sense. It would make sense if someone wanted him to appear in front of that camera in the morning, IMO.

He isn't on camera committing murder. He is on camera abducting Cash. It's awful. It is not murder. What if someone set DB up? There are no charges because they are still investigating. It appears DB is guilty of kidnapping. From a strictly legal perspective. But many on WS have suggested it appears he's talking to someone, or that he is handing Cash off to someone else, or that he had help in the crime. Others seem set on the fact that he murdered Cash by himself. I'm open to all theories. He hasn't been charged with murder though. He may be the suspect. He is behind bars. What if, hypothetically, several people were involved? Who knows? Justice for Cash is the goal - the swifter the better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members