TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, most articles say this. But I remember seeing one article that stated DB was asking for his girlfriend and at one point had a knife in his hand. Anyone else see that? This article mentions the (possibly nonexistent) girlfriend:
New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate incident | wfaa.com

I don't think the 2 year old girl is in any way related to DB or that he is acquainted with anyone in that household. I did find mention of the grandfather chasing DB out with a kitchen knife upon finding him ransacking the house. Later he wrestled his granddaughter from DB's arms during the return trip when DB busted in his garage door.
---------------------
According to the affidavit for the burglary charge, Brown entered a man’s home and started going through all the rooms and closets. Picking up a kitchen knife, the man demanded that he leave. The homeowner managed to get Brown out of his home, but he came back and started kicking and damaging an interior door between the garage and home. The homeowner opened the door and Brown reentered, punching the man in the forehead, according to the affidavit.
[snip]
Two weeks after the incident, the man ran into Brown at Walmart. He told police that Brown approached him and apologized, saying, “he was sorry for breaking into his house and trying to take his grandchild.”
'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February

Most articles don't mention Darriynn talking about a girlfriend. Most articles don't mention him picking up a knife at any point. But at least one article HAS mentioned these details. I'm still searching for the one where it was claimed DB picked up a knife (ETA: found it -- see bottom). Here's the article where the girlfriend was mentioned.

Apparently the girlfriend was unknown to grandpa (maybe didn't exist): “According to the Dallas police report, officers responded to a home off Florina Parkway on Feb. 8 after getting reports that Darriynn Brown, 18, had entered a home without permission because he was "looking for his unknown girlfriend."

The report said after Brown couldn't find her, he tried to to take the homeowner's infant granddaughter "until she [the girlfriend?] was returned." The homeowner was hit in the forehead while defending his granddaughter, and soon after, Brown left the home, the report said."

Also, apparently MS was on the scene within minutes and DID influence whether he pressed charges against DB:
"The victim in the February incident told WFAA that minutes after Brown broke in, the woman who was caring for Gernon at the time came down the street and said that the suspect was having a mental episode and needed an evaluation.”

New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate ...

ETA: Found the article that mentions DB grabbing a knife:
"Brown grabbed a kitchen knife and said he wasn’t going to leave until he found his girlfriend."
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

Last edited:
Most articles don't mention Darriynn talking about a girlfriend. Most articles don't mention him picking up a knife at any point. But at least one article HAS mentioned these details. I'm still searching for the one where it was claimed DB picked up a knife (ETA: found it -- see bottom). Here's the article where the girlfriend was mentioned.

Apparently the girlfriend was unknown to grandpa (maybe didn't exist): “According to the Dallas police report, officers responded to a home off Florina Parkway on Feb. 8 after getting reports that Darriynn Brown, 18, had entered a home without permission because he was "looking for his unknown girlfriend."

The report said after Brown couldn't find her, he tried to to take the homeowner's infant granddaughter "until she [the girlfriend?] was returned." The homeowner was hit in the forehead while defending his granddaughter, and soon after, Brown left the home, the report said."

Also, apparently MS was on the scene within minutes and DID influence whether he pressed charges against DB:
"The victim in the February incident told WFAA that minutes after Brown broke in, the woman who was caring for Gernon at the time came down the street and said that the suspect was having a mental episode and needed an evaluation.”

New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate ...

ETA: Found the article that mentions DB grabbing a knife:
"Brown grabbed a kitchen knife and said he wasn’t going to leave until he found his girlfriend."
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

I guessed right! Saw you found the article so guessed it was likely Fox news and it was! They (and DM and a handful of others) tend to stray from the truth a bit. Not saying it's on purpose but definitely could just be mixing up their facts. Since it's Fox, and no one else is reporting this, I'm chalking it up to not being true. Not until I see one of the more respected MSMs reporting on it, then I'll change my tune. :)

I guessed right! Saw you found the article so guessed it was likely Fox news and it was! They (and DM and a handful of others) tend to stray from the truth a bit. Not saying it's on purpose but definitely could just be mixing up their facts. Since it's Fox, and no one else is reporting this, I'm chalking it up to not being true. Not until I see one of the more respected MSMs reporting on it, then I'll change my tune. :)

Fox4 isn't Fox News... it's a local station, correct?

The local station FOX4 actually spoke with the grandpa directly according to the article. "The homeowner told FOX 4..."

I'll be curious to see what is substantiated as more info comes out. The info that he asked for his "unknown girlfriend" and that he grabbed a kitchen knife and refused to leave without her doesn't contradict the info in other articles — it just seems to be additional info.

Welcome to Websleuths.

I'm sorry but I'm not following your meaning at all. Some of us believe DB is the sole perpetrator in the kidnapping video and others aren't certain. But I don't think there has been any question that it is DB on the surveillance tape at the neighbor's gate.

I also don’t follow you when you state that DB is “brave” to have returned somewhere. In no scenario is there evidence of DB having done anything brave, IMO. At the LEAST he’s a neighborhood menace. “Brave” would have been if someone else took Cash and DB rescued him and brought him home unharmed. JMO.

"In a brief phone call Friday, the woman who was Gernon's caretaker said she later told the February victim after his incident that Brown was violent and troubled."
New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate incident | wfaa.com

This is interesting: within minutes of the attempted kidnapping of the 2 yo MS not only supposedly showed up and convinced the grandpa not to file charges... but in a phone call to WFAA (ABC affiliate) she claims she LATER told the grandpa he was violent.

Wonder if this really happened? And if so, would this be around the time when she decided he wasn't safe to be around her home anymore? What made her later decide that?

Last edited:
If DB is seriously schizophrenic, he could sincerely believe that was not him in the video. It is hard to explain, but my brother used to deny that he was in family photos we would show him.

And he was sincere. He would say it was not him, it was someone else and we shouldn't be tricked by believing that was him at the Thanksgiving Dinner last year....o_O:confused:

He wasn't lying, he was mentally ill and delusional at times.

I cannot diagnose DB, and maybe he is just faking it. But there is a possibility he is delusional or mentally ill or suffering from major drug issues, which can also create psychosis, etc.

I have to say I absolutely agree with you. I too have a brother with paranoid schizophrenia, and people with it can't always distinguish between reality and imaginary.
That's what the illness basically is, so he could very well not know it is him in the video.

He also could know it's him in the video but is not saying because he is 'conspiring with voices and colluding with them' so to speak.

I will be surprised if he isn't schizophrenic or in the beginning stages with bouts of psychosis.

MOO

Mod Note and Reminder:

WS is a victim friendly discussion forum. At this time there is one named POI and that is the only individual that should be sleuthed or blamed for this tragic loss of life.

Within the TOS of WS everyone else involved in this situation is a victim. They are considered victims because they are experiencing the loss of a 4 year old child and they have not been charged with any crime directly related to this loss of life.

Should LE state something different in the future, we can re-visit the guidelines for this thread.

Thank you for understanding our position and caring so passionately for the loss of Cash.

I understand, but you also need to understand that everyone is innocent til proven guilty. Also I may add, that the police relied on sworn affidavits from certain individuals to this crime. Court records even stated this. There has been no evidence linking him to this horrendous crime, but sworn statements from MS and KM. That have been contradicting themselves from the beginning. Sure DB may be guilty, but the public has already found him guilty. I understand people lost a child bit persecuting DB before all the facts are released, is not innocent til proven guilty. Things in this case don't add up, and persecution is not right.

I don't think the 2 year old girl is in any way related to DB or that he is acquainted with anyone in that household. I did find mention of the grandfather chasing DB out with a kitchen knife upon finding him ransacking the house. Later he wrestled his granddaughter from DB's arms during the return trip when DB busted in his garage door.
---------------------
According to the affidavit for the burglary charge, Brown entered a man’s home and started going through all the rooms and closets. Picking up a kitchen knife, the man demanded that he leave. The homeowner managed to get Brown out of his home, but he came back and started kicking and damaging an interior door between the garage and home. The homeowner opened the door and Brown reentered, punching the man in the forehead, according to the affidavit.
[snip]
Two weeks after the incident, the man ran into Brown at Walmart. He told police that Brown approached him and apologized, saying, “he was sorry for breaking into his house and trying to take his grandchild.”
'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February

I understand, but you also need to understand that everyone is innocent til proven guilty. Also I may add, that the police relied on sworn affidavits from certain individuals to this crime. Court records even stated this. There has been no evidence linking him to this horrendous crime, but sworn statements from MS and KM. That have been contradicting themselves from the beginning. Sure DB may be guilty, but the public has already found him guilty. I understand people lost a child bit persecuting DB before all the facts are released, is not innocent til proven guilty. Things in this case don't add up, and persecution is not right.

This is not a court of law. We are not jurors on this case. This is a crime forum where we discuss crimes. And we’re allowed to share our thoughts and opinions as long as it’s within TOS.

We don’t know what other evidence the police have since that has not been released.

I personally believe they have more evidence than the video clip and sworn affidavits from MS & KM. moo This is my opinion.

You are free to share your opinions as well.

Kind of that know attempted abduction in this case. That was my opinion. I felt that if the police where called, and the man was assaulted and a child was involved, the generally the police themselves would charge them. Like I said, usually in domestic disputes, they'll ask if you want to press charges. That's my take on that situation. If someone broke into my house assaulted me, and tried to snatch up my granddaughter, I'm making sure that he's in jail.

DB is literally on camera taking this child. This same child was found dead a few hours later. Not hard to put 2 and 2 together.
How do you know that's him? I rather see more evidence that a grainy video, to come to a conclusion. In all actuality no one can be 1000% sure it's him in any of the videos. That's just my opinion. It could be anyone. This case has so unanswered question. I'm not casting guilt on anyone.

How do you know that's him? I rather see more evidence that a grainy video, to come to a conclusion. In all actuality no one can be 1000% sure it's him in any of the videos. That's just my opinion. It could be anyone. This case has so unanswered question. I'm not casting guilt on anyone.

IMO JMO MOO

I don't know DB, so even though it certainly appears to be him, what do I know? HOWEVER, if a familiar person to me were on video, I would certainly recognize him or her. The face, the body, the cadence, the stance, the walk and so on.

For all that is off in MS’ story, she and her children certainly know DB. Whatever else is going on in that family, it is certain that it is DB in that video. They didn’t say Santa Claus did it; they showed a video of someone they knew for a fact was in that bedroom. Whatever their motive may be, they know that LE have eyes and can see who it is on the tape. Therefore, while you say there is no evidence against him and he’s not being treated fairly, he is at minimum guilty of taking Cash out of his bed and out of the house. At minimum.

I he neatly think the arrest affidavit was garbled up in this report. The homeowner grabbed the knife, a knif was grabbed. I think the author of this piece misconstrued or mixed up the facts

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a judicial principle to be maintained throughout the judicial process. Websleuths members are not part of that process and are allowed to express their opinions and speculation on the information presented to them via MSM and/or LE.

The information provided at this time by LE/MSM only opens the door to the sleuthing of DB. Should LE make a retraction, or an additional name be published as a POI, the rules for this thread will be revisited at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member