TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how anyone can come to a conclusion that DB is in any of those videos. Also if he is, why hasn't no charges brought against him. Only picture I've seen, is the mugshot, I'd someone has a better picture for comparison please share.
DB does have charges against him and that is why he is behind bars right now. LE stated they expect to add additional charges. It's likely that they are waiting for autopsy reports for those additional charges. Autopsy reports can take weeks.

Welcome to WS. I see you are new here.

jmo

I he neatly think the arrest affidavit was garbled up in this report. The homeowner grabbed the knife, a knif was grabbed. I think the author of this piece misconstrued or mixed up the facts

It's certainly possible. I usually find local news has more accurate information because they actually interview the people involved directly. The only parts of this article I haven't seen stated in other articles are:
1) "Brown grabbed a kitchen knife and said he wasn’t going to leave until he found his girlfriend."
2) "According to the arrest warrant, Dallas police officers ended up picking him up on a social service referral. Brown was back on the streets a short time after that referral."
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

Then this other local article has two things I haven't seen elsewhere:
1) "Darriynn Brown, 18, had entered a home without permission because he was "looking for his unknown girlfriend." The report said after Brown couldn't find her, he tried to to take the homeowner's infant granddaughter "until she was returned."
2) "The victim in the February incident told WFAA that minutes after Brown broke in, the woman who was caring for Gernon at the time came down the street and said that the suspect was having a mental episode and needed an evaluation. The relationship between the woman caring for Gernon and Brown is still not known, though the victim in the February case said she told him that her home often serves as a “safe place” for troubled youth."
New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate incident | wfaa.com

From these 2 local articles we find out things about motive, timing, background. I don't disbelieve them just because no other news outlets have yet reported the same things — but it's certainly possible something could get misconstrued.

I think it’s DB but I would be an open minded juror and consider expert testimony. I hope they have found all the clothes he was wearing.

I'm with you on finding the clothes he was wearing. He had to have changed as he (if he did the stabbing) would have blood on him. Plus, there are some differences in the last part of the vid. Hard to tell if the clothes are different (bad quality vid) but it looks like he no longer has the headband or glasses on.

I agree. I don't think you can use mental illness as a defense, unless you were so ill and irrational that you did not know what you were doing.

And he clearly narrates the kidnapping, actually describing what he is doing minute by minute. He will not be able to used his mental issues as an excuse, imo.
Hi- excuse me. What narration are you referring to? There has not been a narration that I am aware of.

No reliable articles have said he had a knife in his hand. People have randomly speculated, that’s all.
You’re mixing up 2 different events. People have speculated he had a knife in the video with Cash, but what I was discussing is an article stating DB picked up a knife during his interaction with the grandpa in February.

Me, neither. I can’t conceive of him doing all this on his own. And I think that LE went back out 3 days after Cash was killed to talk to whoever and wherever the February event occurred, to come up with some charges.
LE didn't need to go back to February to come up with "some charges." DB was arrested on the day of Cash's murder, May 15, and charged with burglary and kidnapping on May 16. LE expects more charges to come.

Here is the info from the police department itself:
Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive

LE didn't need to go back to February to come up with "some charges." DB was arrested on the day of Cash's murder, May 15, and charged with burglary and kidnapping on May 16. LE expects more charges to come.

Here is the info from the police department itself:
Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive
Yes, they did. DB was interviewed in February for burglary at the Sherrod abode. He was taken in for mental health eval, charges were not pressed and the Incident report said Cleared by Exceptional Means.
Look at how that in incident evolved and has been reported and compare it to the actual charges.
The headlines scream that he attempted ro kidnap a little girl- no charges.

Yes, they did. DB was interviewed in February for burglary at the Sherrod abode. He was taken in for mental health eval, charges were not pressed and the Incident report said Cleared by Exceptional Means.
I know....but he was charged for crimes regarding CASH. It's not as if he hasn't been charged, which is what is being stated on the board tonight. DB is in jail. The investigation is ongoing.

jmo

I wish there was a poll. I wonder how many people think DB acted alone and killed Cash vs how many think something else happened here.

There is just so much to sort out here and I don’t know what to think and I’d like a better idea of what other people think.

I know we don't usually do YouTube videos, but SillyBilly approved me posting this. I think its important. It is the full community meeting that was held by the council member with a grief counselor, police, etc.

The real info starts around 30 minutes. You will see how many people had been reporting Darriynn. Calling over and over. One was from the exact night prior to Cash being killed. These neighbors were terrified of Darriynn. Also around the 1 hour mark, the details are given in a quick run down. Yes, it's long, but it's really worth watching, before commenting that they don't have proof it was him.

Additionally, the man whose granddaughter was grabbed is also there and speaks.

If this was the first incident and only a video, there might be some room for speculation. But multiple people, including the police, have said it is him. Not a single community member saying he was ever controlled by someone else. Although one woman does say her child was beat up by darriynn and his brother 2 years ago. So the only other person he had been associated with in crimes was his brother a couple of years ago.

I wish there was a poll. I wonder how many people think DB acted alone and killed Cash vs how many think something else happened here.

There is just so much to sort out here and I don’t know what to think and I’d like a better idea of what other people think.

I'm voting for Alone. My reason? All the other bad things we know about from neighbors and things caught on camera don't show him with anyone. Well, other than the one whooping he and his brother gave someone that @mpnola brings up. Other than that it's Just Me, Myself & I.

And I doubt someone else was hiding in the shadows whispering to him... 'Smash that ring camera', 'Check and see if there's anything in that SUV worth something', 'Peek in the gate at the kids, maybe we can abduct them when an opportunity arises', 'Go search that house for an 'unknown girlfriend' and take her kid if she's not there'. He acted alone then, I say he acted alone this time around as well. Obviously JMO.

Last edited:
I know we don't usually do YouTube videos, but SillyBilly approved me posting this. I think its important. It is the full community meeting that was held by the council member with a grief counselor, police, etc.

The real info starts around 30 minutes. You will see how many people had been reporting Darriynn. Calling over and over. One was from the exact night prior to Cash being killed. These neighbors were terrified of Darriynn. Also around the 1 hour mark, the details are given in a quick run down. Yes, it's long, but it's really worth watching, before commenting that they don't have proof it was him.

Additionally, the man whose granddaughter was grabbed is also there and speaks.

If this was the first incident and only a video, there might be some room for speculation. But multiple people, including the police, have said it is him. Not a single community member saying he was ever controlled by someone else. Although one woman does say her child was beat up by darriynn and his brother 2 years ago. So the only other person he had been associated with in crimes was his brother a couple of years ago.

33 minute mark a neighbor who reported Db repeatedly states they reported DB at 6:44pm the Friday night before Cash was found.
DB was walking down their street exposing himself. smh

@mpnola Thank you for posting the community meeting.

It reinforced for me what I and many others have been saying throughout....DB was a neighborhood menace. All of the audience are local people, quite a few of whom who were terrorized by DB. They’ve all seen the video and not one person said it’s not DB. Again, the local community who have seen and interacted with DB in person, and have seen the kidnap video, and do not even entertain the notion that it is anyone else.

Then we hear the police outright saying there is not a second suspect, and referring to DB by name as they await the forensic report. They say “he” multiple times, not “they.”

I do still believe that MS and her family were not forthright about everything, but IMO and even more so with this neighborhood video, the kidnap and murder of Cash was committed by the person we see on video kidnapping Cash. That is DB.

What a horrific shame that he was known to be a danger and a threat, as testified to by his neighbors, and he wasn’t stopped before he escalated to the worst thing he could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member