TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did/didn’t murder that child.... he kidnapped him for a Reason. Not for the fun of it

so what was to gain? Money? Notoriety?

I hate to say this but it actually could have been 'for the fun of it'. It also could have been 'just because'. That's come to mind several times as I'm reading people's comments questioning why he'd do it. Sometimes there's not a concrete reason like 'for the money', it's simply (and horribly) 'just because'. Something tells me that's going to be the case here (no concrete reason sane people can wrap their heads around to explain 'the why').

I hate to say this but it actually could have been 'for the fun of it'. It also could have been 'just because'. That's come to mind several times as I'm reading people's comments questioning why he'd do it. Sometimes there's not a concrete reason like 'for the money', it's simply (and horribly) 'just because'. Something tells me that's going to be the case here (no concrete reason sane people can wrap their heads around to explain 'the why').
I agree that is likely the motive. Of course, motive is not required to be determined in order to find a perp guilty of a crime. We may never understand what he was thinking as it literally might not make any sense to a healthy mind.

jmo

To all those that are replying to a Quoted post with your response inside the quoted area... it's really hard to tell what parts are the original quote, and which are your responses. It's clearer when the responses are written outside of the quoted 'area'.

Due to that I'm skipping reading your posts, even though I'd really like to hear what you have to say. :) It's just too difficult to figure out old/new.

If there are a lot of things I'd like to respond to in a long quote, instead of typing in the middle of the quote to respond, I'll do a "Re: <and the snippet I'm about to respond to here>", then my response.

Hopefully I haven't offended anyone. :)

Mod Note:
Just a reminder to stay within TOS and copyright standards, photos grabbed from MSM articles or videos need to also include a url link inside the post of the source for the photos.

Thanks for your understanding,
Tiff

The quote is from right after the arrest. Before we knew much else about DB, his other interactions and behaviors described by the neighbors he was troubling and frightening. "Based on the identification of the homeowners we where able to make a arrest" They were able to locate their (at that time) unidentified suspect based on info from the homeowner. But here's the thing. They saw the video. A name was provided. That name led them to DB. So I am confused. Do you think they just took the homeowner's word for it? Without using their own training and investigation skills?

I think they found the young man identified by said homeowner and then with their own trained eyes, discerned that DB was indeed the person they personally witnessed in that video as the person who removed Cash Gernon from his bed, and later returned to stand above Carter as he slept. I guess I am just not following your train of thought that seems to suggest you think the only thing leading LE to DB is the word of one citizen and not their investigation?

You maybe right, but like I said before. I rather not cast guilt, until I see what all is there. Also, DB'S lawyer was throwing snippets at us. In which he's telling as of now if they went to trial, they don't have a case to convict on kidnapping and burglary. The way I took is statement, is that the prosecution is relying on that the testimony of the the witnesses. I'm pretty sure he's seen the evidence for the Kidnapping and Burgulary. Does anyone in this forum, as of this moment, with the evidence we are presented today. As far as I know, it's those two statements. Unless someone know differently. Not speculation what LE has. Does anyone really believe if went to trial today, that he would be found guilty? Me I say no. That's why I'm not casting guilt. Just because people say that's him, doesn't mean it is. It cod very well be. Never said it's absolutely not him. But I rather see what is factual and not speculation. All I been hearing is speculation, that LE has alot more than those two statements, nobody know what they have. If anyone knows more of there evidence ease share.

IMO his motive was revenge for being kicked out a couple of days before

You maybe right, but like I said before. I rather not cast guilt, until I see what all is there. Also, DB'S lawyer was throwing snippets at us. In which he's telling as of now if they went to trial, they don't have a case to convict on kidnapping and burglary. The way I took is statement, is that the prosecution is relying on that the testimony of the the witnesses. I'm pretty sure he's seen the evidence for the Kidnapping and Burgulary. Does anyone in this forum, as of this moment, with the evidence we are presented today. As far as I know, it's those two statements. Unless someone know differently. Not speculation what LE has. Does anyone really believe if went to trial today, that he would be found guilty? Me I say no. That's why I'm not casting guilt. Just because people say that's him, doesn't mean it is. It cod very well be. Never said it's absolutely not him. But I rather see what is factual and not speculation. All I been hearing is speculation, that LE has alot more than those two statements, nobody know what they have. If anyone knows more of there evidence ease share.

I 100% believe DB is the person on the video.

But to your point, we don’t know that the video is from that day.

We don’t have evidence that DB killed Cash, but presumably LE does have evidence. If not, hopefully they have evidence linking the murder to the murderer. I am keeping an open mind but I do think I’m probably about 80% that DB killed Cash, I say 80 because I like to keep an open mind in case evidence comes to light pointing in a different direction.

Yet another potential murderer with a history of indecent exposure.

When will police take this crime seriously?
right!!!! that is a screaming red flag and i was like wow.

just yesterday at work (i work in an urban downtown) there was an unhoused individual doing that, and thew security guard called my coworker all befuddled. i was like CALL THE COPS THATS INDECENT EXPOSURE.....

Yet another potential murderer with a history of indecent exposure.

When will police take this crime seriously?
Were police dispatched each time a call was made to report DB’s actions?

Our local city department is having a difficult time due to loss of officers, they have over 200 open positions they need filled immediately.

right!!!! that is a screaming red flag and i was like wow.

just yesterday at work (i work in an urban downtown) there was an unhoused individual doing that, and thew security guard called my coworker all befuddled. i was like CALL THE COPS THATS INDECENT EXPOSURE.....

"If you see something, say something" kinda fits here.

You maybe right, but like I said before. I rather not cast guilt, until I see what all is there. Also, DB'S lawyer was throwing snippets at us. In which he's telling as of now if they went to trial, they don't have a case to convict on kidnapping and burglary. The way I took is statement, is that the prosecution is relying on that the testimony of the the witnesses. I'm pretty sure he's seen the evidence for the Kidnapping and Burgulary.

snipped for focus. I think I see where you are coming from. I may not agree with you but I can respect an honest answer.

DB's lawyer's entire job is to refute that his client did anything wrong. I would be shocked if the defense attorney DIDN'T say that if it went to trial it would not result in a guilty verdict. It's literally his job to say that. Now whether he is correct is an entirely different animal.

I do agree that all we can do is wait to see more evidence. But that wait will be very boring if we cannot speculate and turn the pieces over and over til we see some way they seem to fit (ETA in the meantime)

thanks for your response.

I’m confused on the connection between the grandfather who was assaulted and MS?

How did MS know about this incident?

And why would she tell the grandfather not to press charges, why would that benefit her? Why would she do that for DB?
Out of the goodness of her heart?
What protect him and not the twins?
When he has been terrorizing the entire neighborhood?

And why would the grandfather listen to what she said instead of DB’s parents?

There must have been some commotion. Maybe even blue lights. Either could have pulled MS from her dwelling. maybe he’d been to her house first.

Someone called the authorities. His “arrest” on feb 2 has been confirmed not just by a local list including (the now unavailable) open source records of that incident, but by MSM (fox affiliate) who report he was taken into custody on a social services referral...probably by police officers.

if he was indeed taken for mental health evaluation, the same Fox affiliate says he was soon released.

I presume MS’s I formation about mental crisis with information that he was headed for a mental facility was enough to satisfy grandpa that the right thing, and enough of a right thing, was happening.

Soapbox time, ignore if you don’t like that kind of thing:
Because of the state of mental health services in this country in general and Texas in particular, I would recommend to anyone to “press charges” at every opportunity when dangerous or antisocial behaviors present. Not because it’s the ideal treatment, far from it, but because frequent interaction with the justice system is sometimes the only way to remove threat AND get the person into forced care.

An incident like the one in February should have resulted in criminal charges, and the grandpa should not have any say about it. Likely the result of those charges would have been a diversion program, with forced treatment, with jail the penalty for noncompliance as strong incentive for compliance and a backup protection for the community. Unfortunately, not only are low level crimes are being virtually ignored by police, but there has been a huge push in Texas not to charge the mentally ill when they act out criminally, and to have social workers the first resort.

the result is pitiful and dangerous for all... quick release the usual result...wash rinse, repeat, risking the kind of horror inflicted on that four year old.

Then why not kill Monica or one of her kids? If he was mad at her, why kill someone else’s kid?

I can understand mental illness and he just killed Cash, but I can’t understand revenge towards Monica by killing Cash.

Agreed, if as Harris (defense attorney) has suggested, DB is schizophrenic, we may never know or understand motive. I don't want to try to diagnose DB, but I do believe he suffers from serious mental health issues. If he does suffer from schizophrenia he may be subject to some or all of the following symptoms:

Behavioral: social isolation, disorganized behavior, aggression, agitation, compulsive behavior, excitability, hostility, repetitive movements, self-harm, or lack of restraint
Cognitive: thought disorder, delusion, amnesia, belief that an ordinary event has special and personal meaning, belief that thoughts aren't one's own, disorientation, mental confusion, slowness in activity, or false belief of superiority
Mood: anger, anxiety, apathy, feeling detached from self, general discontent, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, elevated mood, or inappropriate emotional response
Psychological: hallucination, paranoia, hearing voices, depression, fear, persecutory delusion, or religious delusion
Speech: circumstantial speech, incoherent speech, rapid and frenzied speaking, or speech disorder
Also common: fatigue, impaired motor coordination, lack of emotional response, or memory loss
Schizophrenia - Symptoms and causes

which means we may never have an explanation for this horrific murder.

I agree with you, revenge doesn't make sense. I do recall reports that the 12 year old daughter of MS (E) was alleged to have been "creeped out" by DB. Since the alleged attempted abduction in February (before the twins resided in Sherrod household) was just a few doors down from MS I wonder if DB considered ES his "girlfriend" and the February events brought MS attention to the fact that DB's issues were much more serious than she imagined, hence his welcome there was revoked. But I don't see DB's actions with Cash as revenge.

UNLESS, as with the little girl a few doors down, he was going to abduct Cash until someone produced his "girlfriend" and then Cash awoke, screamed caused a ruckus or something that made DB panic and kill him.

Agreed, if as Harris (defense attorney) has suggested, DB is schizophrenic, we may never know or understand motive. I don't want to try to diagnose DB, but I do believe he suffers from serious mental health issues. If he does suffer from schizophrenia he may be subject to some or all of the following symptoms:

Behavioral: social isolation, disorganized behavior, aggression, agitation, compulsive behavior, excitability, hostility, repetitive movements, self-harm, or lack of restraint
Cognitive: thought disorder, delusion, amnesia, belief that an ordinary event has special and personal meaning, belief that thoughts aren't one's own, disorientation, mental confusion, slowness in activity, or false belief of superiority
Mood: anger, anxiety, apathy, feeling detached from self, general discontent, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, elevated mood, or inappropriate emotional response
Psychological: hallucination, paranoia, hearing voices, depression, fear, persecutory delusion, or religious delusion
Speech: circumstantial speech, incoherent speech, rapid and frenzied speaking, or speech disorder
Also common: fatigue, impaired motor coordination, lack of emotional response, or memory loss
Schizophrenia - Symptoms and causes

which means we may never have an explanation for this horrific murder.

I agree with you, revenge doesn't make sense. I do recall reports that the 12 year old daughter of MS (E) was alleged to have been "creeped out" by DB. Since the alleged attempted abduction in February (before the twins resided in Sherrod household) was just a few doors down from MS I wonder if DB considered ES his "girlfriend" and the February events brought MS attention to the fact that DB's issues were much more serious than she imagined, hence his welcome there was revoked. But I don't see DB's actions with Cash as revenge.

UNLESS, as with the little girl a few doors down, he was going to abduct Cash until someone produced his "girlfriend" and then Cash awoke, screamed caused a ruckus or something that made DB panic and kill him.

Ive only had experience with one person with schizophrenia, she had voices telling her to do criminal things, which landed her a felony. While she generally seemed like a sweet person, her doctor assured us that she was very dangerous because at any time the voices could turn her against us. It was heartbreaking watching her deal with such a scary disease.

Then why not kill Monica or one of her kids? If he was mad at her, why kill someone else’s kid?

I can understand mental illness and he just killed Cash, but I can’t understand revenge towards Monica by killing Cash.

Anger and hostility and overreaction to (narcissistic) injury can be features of mental illness. Wouldn’t necessarily be a coherent revenge plan.
I know we don't usually do YouTube videos, but SillyBilly approved me posting this. I think its important. It is the full community meeting that was held by the council member with a grief counselor, police, etc.

The real info starts around 30 minutes. You will see how many people had been reporting Darriynn. Calling over and over. One was from the exact night prior to Cash being killed. These neighbors were terrified of Darriynn. Also around the 1 hour mark, the details are given in a quick run down. Yes, it's long, but it's really worth watching, before commenting that they don't have proof it was him.

Additionally, the man whose granddaughter was grabbed is also there and speaks.

If this was the first incident and only a video, there might be some room for speculation. But multiple people, including the police, have said it is him. Not a single community member saying he was ever controlled by someone else. Although one woman does say her child was beat up by darriynn and his brother 2 years ago. So the only other person he had been associated with in crimes was his brother a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Excuse my while my blood is trying to boil off. That community, polite, appreciative, constructive... has to put up with that self-congratulatory smart and damage control effort.

The officers blew off the problem. It’s as simple as that. They manage a constant presence for traffic enforcement.
MOO, of course - it I guarantee you theyconsidered those calls nuisance calls, low priority pain in the *, no revenue calls.

“What can I charge her with” - what can I charge YOU with. Whatever you think of Sherrod, there was no subpoena or injunction on her own records and she had a right to release them. That’s her right, money and all, and not a crime, and any bad faith effort to make it a crime, or lip service to same, is so outrageous it’s about to make my head spin off. Authorities failed to manage an ongoing threat making the neighborhood desperate and they want to find charges when the results of their neglect and inaction are sensationally revealed. Way to distract for not picking up the kid for indecent exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member