TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my while my blood is trying to boil off. That community, polite, appreciative, constructive... has to put up with that self-congratulatory smarm and damage control.

The officers blew off the problem. It’s as simple as that. They manage a constant presence for traffic enforcement.
MOO, of course - it I guarantee you theyconsidered those calls nuisance calls, low priority pain in the *, no revenue calls.

“What can I charge her with” - what can I charge YOU with. Whatever you think of Sherrod, there was no subpoena or injunction on her own records and she had a right to release them. That’s her right, money and all, and not a crime, and any bad faith effort to make it a crime, or lip service to same, is so outrageous it’s about to make my head spin off. Authorities failed to manage an ongoing threat making the neighborhood desperate and authorities want to find charges when the results of their neglect and inaction are sensationally revealed. Way to distract for not picking up the kid for indecent exposure.

Then why not kill Monica or one of her kids? If he was mad at her, why kill someone else’s kid?

I can understand mental illness and he just killed Cash, but I can’t understand revenge towards Monica by killing Cash.

In both the case with the 2 yr old and Cash, an adult had recently told him he wasn't welcome and had to stay away. He reacted by violence involving children.

He did punch the grandpa, but he tried to take off with the grandchild "until his girlfriend was returned."

It's quite possible he chose children and an elderly person to attack because they're less of a match for him physically.

Then why not kill Monica or one of her kids? If he was mad at her, why kill someone else’s kid?

I can understand mental illness and he just killed Cash, but I can’t understand revenge towards Monica by killing Cash.

Maybe it wasn't revenge. Maybe it was . . . "you can't come over because you tried to take that child in February. Now we don't want you to be around these two young ones because you might hurt them."

So he tries to remove the children so he can be allowed at MS's house again. I don't think he as normal thought processes, at all, so you never know.

JMO

"Unknown Girlfriend"
...local article... 1) "Darriynn Brown, 18, had entered a home without permission because he was "looking for his unknown girlfriend." The report said after Brown couldn't find her ..." New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate incident | wfaa.com...
@HaikuMommy sbm bbm Thanks for your post. Not directing this at you, just wondering about wording. Looking for "unknown girlfriend"* phrase is from LE report which supposedly quotes G'pa quoting DB. Imo doubtful that "unknown girlfriend"* was verbatim from DB's or G'pa's mouth.

If DB had a girlfriend, presumably he knew girlfriend's name. Did DB say "looking for girlfriend" as an improvisation, a cover/excuse for entering home to abduct 2 y/o? Did he not tell G'pa her name? Why not? Is her name not in LE report?
Seems LEO-report-writer would have described girlfriend as "unnamed" or "unidentified" rather than injecting "unknown." Maybe not relevant in any way, maybe splitting hairs about one of many puzzling aspects in this case. Idk, my.2ct.
"I'm looking for my girlfriend" w no name specified.
"I'm looking for Jade" or Jade Jefferson, w no relationship specified.
"I'm looking for my girlfriend Jade Jefferson" w both name & relationship.

G'pa to LE:???
"He was looking for his girlfriend but did not tell me her name."
"He was looking for his girlfriend but I did not understand what he said her name was." <--- More plausible, imo.

Last edited:
I honestly can’t believe those poor neighbors managed to not lose their minds. DB was doing all sorts of disgusting stuff all the time. I wouldn’t have that much patience, that’s for sure.
I wonder if his mom was very nice and if he was clearly mentally ill or developmentally disabled. It would be very difficult in that case. If he was just a troublemaker forget it. I grew up with a schizophrenic neighbor who lived with his very kind parents and my parents taught me compassion and to try not to act scared because he is different and be kind. Even though he was constantly pacing and talking to himself, sometimes loud and animated and at times seemed angry (but never at real people). We tried to get the other neighbor kids and our visiting friends to be kind too. BUT if he was breaking in or exposing himself that would have been a much, much harder situation. The neighborhood parents would have to act.

I am no expert and I am sure there is a lot of variation, but I can never imagine the guy with schizophrenia in my neighborhood being capable of plotting a crime, cleaning up a crime, sneaking around effectively. JMO

"Unknown Girlfriend"
@HaikuMommy sbm bbm Thanks for your post. Not directing this at you, just wondering about wording. Looking for "unknown girlfriend"* phrase is from LE report which supposedly quotes G'pa quoting DB. Imo doubtful that "unknown girlfriend"* was verbatim from DB's or G'pa's mouth.

If DB had a girlfriend, presumably he knew girlfriend's name. Did DB say "looking for girlfriend" as an improvisation, a cover/excuse for entering home to abduct 2 y/o? Did he not tell G'pa her name? Why not? Is her name not in LE report?
Seems LEO-report-writer would have described girlfriend as "unnamed" or "unidentified" rather than injecting "unknown." Maybe not relevant in any way, maybe splitting hairs about one of many puzzling aspects in this case. Idk, my.2ct.
"I'm looking for my girlfriend" w no name specified.
"I'm looking for Jade" or Jade Jefferson, w no relationship specified.
"I'm looking for my girlfriend Jade Jefferson" w both name & relationship.

G'pa to LE:???
"He was looking for his girlfriend but did not tell me her name."
"He was looking for his girlfriend but I did not understand what he said her name was." <--- More plausible, imo.
I feel like the " unknown" girlfriend is the connection between MS and the Grandpa.....

33 minute mark a neighbor who reported Db repeatedly states they reported DB at 6:44pm the Friday night before Cash was found.
DB was walking down their street exposing himself. smh
If he was really walking down the street exposing himself, then we can figure out what his motive for the kidnapping might be...:(

What evidence did LE come to the assessment that he should be charged with burglary and kidnapping. As far as I know is they based ot on the sworn affidavits of the two individuals that said he was the person in that video. Otherwise I have not seen any other evidence that says it's DB. Sure everyone can assume that they have evidence, bit as far as I know they said they relied on the affidavits to arrest this particular individual. Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion.

"Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion."

As to the bolded portion of your statement above, I disagree. In my experience, in high profile cases, they RARELY reveal the gathered evidence to the public.

In fact, they tend to protect that type of information, as it can hinder their investigation if that evidence becomes public knowledge. Two main reasons:

---If they don't reveal the facts of the case, then they can distinguish between the people involved in the case from people blowing smoke.

---If they don't reveal the evidence they have, they keep the suspects in the dark and don't give them a chance to hide further evidence or reasons to flee the scene.

"Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion."

As to the bolded portion of your statement above, I disagree. In my experience, in high profile cases, they RARELY reveal the gathered evidence to the public.

In fact, they tend to protect that type of information, as it can hinder their investigation if that evidence becomes public knowledge. Two main reasons:

---If they don't reveal the facts of the case, then they can distinguish between the people involved in the case from people blowing smoke.

---If they don't reveal the evidence they have, they keep the suspects in the dark and don't give them a chance to hide further evidence or reasons to flee the scene.

I agree 100%. It is common police procedure to withhold critical details from the public, for the reasons you’ve described, @katydid23.

A suspect may accidentally incriminate himself/herself by revealing something that is not known to the public. Something left at the crime scene, method used and so on.

A person may call in a tip with crucial, non-public info that allows LE to sift through the many bogus tips they receive and hone in on the vital ones.

Someone, maybe a publicity hound or a crime obsessed individual, may falsely confess. When they don’t get the details right, that helps LE to eliminate that person (much like that guy who years later falsely confessed to killing JonBenet).

Etcetera.

Not necessarily. And I'm not going to let my mind go there. What happened to this poor little boy was bad enough as it is. I (want to) believe it was non-sexual.

Well, maybe that’s why LE has not charged him with murder yet. Waiting for autopsy? Forensics? to charge him with everything in one takedown. Sexual assault and murder. Double whammy.

Well, maybe that’s why LE has not charged him with murder yet. Waiting for autopsy? Forensics? to charge him with everything in one takedown. Sexual assault and murder. Double whammy.

Yes, they are waiting on forensics before jumping in with both feet, but that doesn't have to mean it's murder and sexual assault. Maybe just proving he was the one that killed him, period. Sure, it's possible, but I'm just not going there UNLESS LE says it's so. Why would I want to be upset about a sexual assault against a little boy IF it only happened in the imagination of some? I'll wait to see what they come up with. I'm good with that. :)

Were police dispatched each time a call was made to report DB’s actions?

Our local city department is having a difficult time due to loss of officers, they have over 200 open positions they need filled immediately.

My local police department is also significantly understaffed.
Drive by shootings have become a weekly occurrence, yet they are not always fully investigated, or prosecuted. The local PD seldom bothers to notify the public of these incidences, so instead, the population be are uninformed sitting ducks.

My local police department is also significantly understaffed.
Drive by shootings have become a weekly occurrence, yet they are not always fully investigated, or prosecuted. The local PD seldom bothers to notify the public of these incidences, so instead, the population be are uninformed sitting ducks.
The citizen app, plus neighborhood watches along with NextDoor are alarmingly full of weekly shootings, stealing cars out of your own well lit driveway with cameras, people following the Amazon truck stealing packages 5 minutes after it’s placed on your front porch, stealing mail out of mailboxes, etc. They don’t have the staff to patrol the neighborhoods on a regular occurrence or respond to what they consider petty crimes.
JMO

Maybe it wasn't revenge. Maybe it was . . . "you can't come over because you tried to take that child in February. Now we don't want you to be around these two young ones because you might hurt them."

So he tries to remove the children so he can be allowed at MS's house again. I don't think he as normal thought processes, at all, so you never know.

JMO
I agree with your post, and you have expressed it so well.

This CBS story seems to suggest the incident was reported to LE at the time but the grandfather declined to press charges or pursue legal remedy for the incident until after Cash was killed. At least that's how I've been reading the MSM coverage. I haven't read the Daily Mail story yet.

The article may be a crock but I believe the incident happened and it appears LE do as well since the latest charges against DM seem to support that.

ETA link I forgot to share with this one 'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February
The laws in the state of texas dont allow a subject to deny pressing charges on a burglary, possible kidnapping or breaking and entering. Should the victim not want to pursue charges the state usually takes up the case wonder why it did not happen here.

JMO
Your theory makes a lot of sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads