TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They appear to have the correct person in custody, but something doesn't smell right. Someone upstream mentioned he has a good advocate/lawyer, and that is good. Very likely it's poor reporting and just an overall complex situation, but I'm not completely convinced yet. MOO.

The victim lived at 7527 Florina Pkwy. And yes, his body was found 8 blocks away in the 7500 block of Saddleridge.

The suspect DB has previously claimed that he lived with his parents in Duncanville per other court records.

Is anyone certain that DB lived on Florina Pkwy.?

The 18 y/o young man interviewed for TV, KM, said he only knew DB from high school but that DB was friends with his younger brothers. Those younger brothers must be the two teens removed to their grandmother's house? All JMO

Although this address is technically in Dallas, if you live in that area the vast majority would consider it Duncanville. It’s less than 1/4 of mile outside Duncanville city limits and in Duncanville ISD school district.

Maybe he had a crib with a few bars removed and they just had not converted it into an actual bed (without any bars) yet. Even if it still had all of the bars, I don't see a big issue personally. Maybe the kids like it that way.

Like others, my questions are
where is their father, what is the custody situation, did his caregiver care about and take decent care of the kids, and why wasn't he reported missing earlier in the morning?

This was discussed last night and Admin said we could no longer discuss as dad, mom, caregiver are not named suspects or POIs. The thread was shut down and the info was removed.

I thought after I slept on this case, it would be clearer in the morning. Nope. No such luck.

I like case maps and timelines. This is an attempt at a timeline - I don't necessarily have this correct so please correct/fill in!!

Before May 15
Neighbors know DB from walking around neighborhood, breaking into cars, houses. Carried a hammer. Mom says he received mental-health services and claims DB was home all weekend, is nice, is being framed.

May 15
5am Cash is taken/killed

6:52am Witness finds Cash in street near 7500 block of Saddleridge (8 blocks from Cash's home), calls 911. Pool of blood. Killed with edged weapon.

7:27am Someone at Cash's house at 7527 Florine Pkwy reports a break-in. EDITED TO ADD terminology: BURGLARY OF HABITATION -NO FORCED ENTRY
LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

10:45am Cash's "guardian" calls 911 to report him missing. Identifies DB on home video showing him taking Cash from his crib. Says DB entered through back door. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/b1142dfe-7c19-4ba5-92c1-8fd9601f46d1-jpeg.297541/
and
‘I’m already cried out’: Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

time? Cash's non-bio brother looks for Cash in neighborhood and sees the activity where the body was found. Realizes it has to do with Cash.
New Details in Brutal Murder of 4-Year-Old Boy, Motive still Unknown

time? DB is arrested and booked. Current charges are burglarly and kidnapping. More charges antipated, pending forensic analysis.
Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive

time? pocket knife and tissue with blood found in bathroom of Cash's home
Dallas Police Recover What Could Be The Weapon Used To Kill 4-Year-Old Cash Geron - News Break

5/17
non-bio 18yo brother gives interview to media outside residence. Says he knew DB from high school and DB comitted the crime for no reason. Says DB carried the boy out of the house while Cash was still sleeping. Says no sign of forced entry and doors were locked.

Again, this is a working draft, not definitive timeline.

jmo

Last edited:
I think a lot of why things don’t make sense is shoddy reporting, the press seemingly has the arrest affidavit and they definitely have a search warrant affidavit for MS’ home where the twins stayed, but they are interpreting things in different ways.
One news video from CBSDFW.com briefly showed the first page of the search warrant affidavit and I took a still but there’s not really anything there to clear things up.

View attachment 297541
Is this a screen shot?

7:27am Someone at Cash's house at 7527 Florine Pkwy reports a break-in. EDITED TO ADD terminology: BURGLARY OF HABITATION -NO FORCED ENTRY

10:45am Cash's "guardian" calls 911 to report him missing. Identifies DB on home video showing him taking Cash from his crib. Says DB entered through back door. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/b1142dfe-7c19-4ba5-92c1-8fd9601f46d1-jpeg.297541/
and
‘I’m already cried out’: Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

I find it odd they knew the house was burglarized at 7:27 am but didnt know the child was missing for over 3 and a half hours. If you wake up and your house has been broken into seems like the first thing youd do was run to see if the kids were all there, call police and start checking cameras. I would think they would have seen the videos of him being taken pretty quick. Certainly before 3 and a half hours. Also, if theres no forced entry to the home and nobody heard anyone in the house and obviously they didnt check on the kid I wonder how they knew the house was even broken into? The "brother" walked around looking for him and came upon the scene and knew. Did he then walk back home and thats when 911 was called? They didnt watch the cameras before he went walking? Surely they did and if so they had to have already known he was kidnapped.

I thought after I slept on this case, it would be clearer in the morning. Nope. No such luck.

I like case maps and timelines. This is an attempt at a timeline - I don't necessarily have this correct so please correct/fill in!!

Before May 15
Neighbors know DB from walking around neighborhood, breaking into cars, houses. Carried a hammer. Mom says he received mental-health services and claims DB was home all weekend, is nice, is being framed.

May 15
5am Cash is taken/killed

6:52am Witness finds Cash in street near 7500 block of Saddleridge (8 blocks from Cash's home), calls 911. Pool of blood. Killed with edged weapon.

and

time? Cash's non-bio brother looks for Cash in neighborhood and sees the activity where the body was found. Realizes it has to do with Cash.

time? DB is arrested and booked. Current charges are burglarly and kidnapping. More charges antipated, pending forensic analysis.
Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive

time? pocket knife and tissue with blood found in bathroom of Cash's home
Dallas Police Recover What Could Be The Weapon Used To Kill 4-Year-Old Cash Geron - News Break

5/17
non-bio 18yo brother gives interview to media outside residence. Says he knew DB from high school and DB comitted the crime for no reason. Says DB carried the boy out of the house while Cash was still sleeping. Says no sign of forced entry and doors were locked.

Again, this is a working draft, not definitive timeline.

jmo
THANK YOU for doing this. Something stood out to me after reading the timeline...

then:

10:45am Cash's "guardian" calls 911 to report him missing. Identifies DB on home video showing him taking Cash from his crib. Says DB entered through back door.

OKAY, someone calls police to report 'a burglary of habitation' @ 7:30 am.....but no one reports the 4 yr old missing for over 3 more hours?

Why the quick action on the 'non-forced entry burglary' but nothing on the child's kidnapping?

I find it odd they knew the house was burglarized at 7:27 am but didnt know the child was missing for over 3 and a half hours. If you wake up and your house has been broken into seems like the first thing youd do was run to see if the kids were all there, call police and start checking cameras. I would think they would have seen the videos of him being taken pretty quick. Certainly before 3 and a half hours. Also, if theres no forced entry to the home and nobody heard anyone in the house and obviously they didnt check on the kid I wonder how they knew the house was even broken into? The "brother" walked around looking for him and came upon the scene and knew. Did he then walk back home and thats when 911 was called? They didnt watch the cameras before he went walking? Surely they did and if so they had to have already known he was kidnapped.
Great Minds Think Alike....;)

RSBM - his crib? He was 4, and in a crib?
So my oldest boy was in a crib until 4. He LOVED his crib. We had planned to give his crib to the new baby and ended up just buying another crib (when he was 2) because he refused to sleep in a bed. When we moved (when he was 4) we were able to transition him with no issues. My point is just because he was in a crib doesn’t = neglect. It was safe to him and he was safe in it. He called it “comfy cozy”

eta- now my other kids were in a bed by the time they were 2 because they would climb out of it and it became a safety issue. My other son was potty trained overnight by 2 so he would also need to go to the bathroom. Just saying that every kid/family have different things that work for them.

Something rotten is going on here.

Since when have interior cameras become a thing?
WHAT is going on in that house that they are even needed?
No one wakes up one day and thinks, "I'm going to get some cameras for inside the house. That should protect us."
Are there cameras on the outside too?

Hmm. Is Dad monitoring from somewhere else?

I also find it very odd and I'm guessing the timeline I wrote isn't quite right...but not sure what the corrections are.

How could you report a non-forced entry -(how would you know someone had entered if no evidence of forced entry? And wouldn't you check the children?

Something is missing and hopefully whatever it is will explain the situation rather than further confuse it.

jmo

Last edited:
I also find it very odd and I'm guessing the timeline I wrote isn't quite right...but not sure what the corrections are.

How could you report a non-forced entry -(how would you know someone had entered if not evidence of forced entry? And wouldn't you check the children?

Something is missing and hopefully whatever it is will explain the situation rather than further confuse it.

jmo
I'm wondering if a teenager called in the burglary but hadn't realised one of the children was missing?

No one wakes up one day and thinks, "I'm going to get some cameras for inside the house. That should protect us."

Msm hasn't said much about the bio dad.
But he must know the situation by now ?

Surveillance footage captured moment Dallas boy, 4, 'snatched from his bed, stabbed to death' | Daily Mail Online
The father - who has not been named - departed Sherrod's home suddenly in March, leaving the boys behind with her.

According to the msm link there is no motive established yet.

Last edited:

Sounds like the camera in the bedroom was attached to a baby monitor rather than a "security system." That's my impression anyway.

Seems odd to me to have a baby monitor for 4yos and in a house that isn't vast, but apparently they had one.

jmo

I'm wondering if a teenager called in the burglary but hadn't realised one of the children was missing?
Maybe, but seems odd that a teen wouldn't at least alert the mom that LE were called.

I'm trying to imagine what Saturday morning looked like in their house. If the adults/teens didn't notice the 4yo missing, surely his twin brother would, right?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member