TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the lady who found him thought it was a dog at first. Once she got close enough and realized it was a child, she noticed his feet were apparently covered in ants. IMO that means he had been deceased for a while. Possibly buried and dug up by an animal, which could mean the apparent bite marks to his face could have been either by insects or an animal. A broken glass bottle could also leave marks that would look like bite marks
Thank you. That's really good thinking and it makes sense. Maybe he was buried in the woods (typical in these cases), then wild animals or dogs dragged his body and left him in the street. The woman witness mentioned they have had problem stray dogs in the neighborhood lately.

About the bite marks on this poor child's face. My first thought was it was done by the human who attacked this child. I have read many murders were the perpetrators attack their victims with so much rage and violence that they bite their victims. I think usually happens with violent rapes and I pray I am wrong and it was post mortem.

Neighbor on early morning walk finds young boy dead in a pool of blood on Dallas street

By afternoon, a dried pool of blood remained on the street where the boy was found.

”It’s a lot to take in,” said Lisa Gilbert, 18, who lives just down the road. “It’s so shocking to me that it’s a 4-year-old, someone’s baby. That could’ve been my little cousin or brother or something. It’s just the point that he’s gone now. It’s just terrifying.”

quoting these as the article now says updated at 6:15 pm w/ new info.

“She walked down the street and saw a blanket over a body in the middle of the road. She said that at one point the blanket fell off and she saw blood and what looked like bite marks on the toddler’s face.”

“Later that morning, she saw a relative of the toddler come out and look at the body, before leaving back for their home close by.

Toddler found dead with multiple wounds from apparent murder in Mountain Creek, Dallas police say

“Later that morning, she saw a relative of the toddler come out and look at the body, before leaving back for their home close by.

What does that mean? They now know who the baby is and where he lived? HOW the He!! does this happen? A 4 yr old is murdered in the street in front of his home?

I can't imagine what the relative quote means. I would guess they are with investigators though if this quote is accurate. I can imagine a few ways and reasons that investigators would take someone to the scene during questioning.

quoting these as the article now says updated at 6:15 pm w/ new info.

I can't imagine what the relative quote means. I would guess they are with investigators though if this quote is accurate. I can imagine a few ways and reasons that investigators would take someone to the scene during questioning.
Imagine being a detective and see someone walk out look at their dead child,niece, or grandchild. Then just walk back in their house like ho hum. As if it's nothing. MOO

the lady who found him thought it was a dog at first. Once she got close enough and realized it was a child, she noticed his feet were apparently covered in ants. IMO that means he had been deceased for a while. Possibly buried and dug up by an animal, which could mean the apparent bite marks to his face could have been either by insects or an animal. A broken glass bottle could also leave marks that would look like bite marks
I thought that the ant covered feet indicated he had been deceased a while too. But I just read this from the article linked above:

Martinez said that the boy is believed to have lived in the area and that the death probably occurred around 5 a.m.

“We are shocked, we are very angry about what has happened to this small child,” Martinez said.

So death estimated at only 1 hour 40 minutes before he was found, feet covered in ants??

ETA link Boy found dead with multiple wounds in apparent murder in Mountain Creek, Dallas police say

Imagine being a detective and see someone walk out look at their dead child,niece, or grandchild. Then just walk back in their house like ho hum. As if it's nothing. MOO
I just don't know that we know that to be true. The quote did not specify if the relative was alone. I picture a relative going to the body w/ LE by their side- possibly to identify, possibly for LE to determine reaction from relative to determine involvement and as a part of questioning. I can't imagine anyone nearby that is a relative is out of LE's sight right now.

A dried pool of blood? So that would mean the little boy bled out, was alive . And early morning. He was left there overnight
The article that said that (upthread) keeps getting updated. Prior version said, “by afternoon, a dried pool of blood remained on the street where the boy was found”. So it’s unclear if the blood was dry early AM when the boy was found, or later that afternoon. imo

nobody missing a small boy? seriously?
Was he dumped there? Almost sounds like it.
If so, this could be a tuff one to solve. LE would have no real starting place other that that spot where he was found. Go to the DNA bank and see if there's a match somewhere.
Maybe somebody saw something. And "someone" almost always does.
Horrible.

“She walked down the street and saw a blanket over a body in the middle of the road. She said that at one point the blanket fell off and she saw blood and what looked like bite marks on the toddler’s face.”

Toddler found dead with multiple wounds from apparent murder in Mountain Creek, Dallas police say

bbm -
What? "a relative of the toddler" ?? Who asked, and who was asked, that question?
Weirder and weirder. Could this have been a dog attack on that little one, and someone panicked? A neighbor with a dog?
Odd, and don't know what to think now.

bbm -
What? "a relative of the toddler" ?? Who asked, and who was asked, that question?
Weirder and weirder. Could this have been a dog attack on that little one, and someone panicked? A neighbor with a dog?
Odd, and don't know what to think now.
Later that morning to boot. Not right away when police were going door to door,and sirens were blaring. SMH

later that morning? I'm sorry what? she didn't contact police at the moment she saw the deceased boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus