TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain cannot except what I'm reading right now. There must be something, lots of things, missing from this story. A toddler is found dead in the street, someone was seen running into the woods, a relative came out and saw the little body then went home...nope, cannot except this right now. I mean just lying in the street? Nope..can't

I am so confused. Was the jogger the one who found him and called police? Was he already covered with a blanket or did the police do that when they arrived on scene? The reporting on this is so crazy.
I think I read that the jogger called out to or knocked on the door of a home by the body. Maybe the resident of that home threw a blanket over the poor boy ?

I wouldn't do that, only because of reading so many cases here, knowing about the potential forensics on the body. But as a Mom, I would totally have the urge to put a blanket on the poor baby.

Dallas police investigating murder of child

This article, first linked above, says a man has been arrested but they are not releasing his name yet, and they know but aren't yet releasing the child's name.

It also says
"Dallas police released the following statement Saturday night:
'Through the hard work of the men and women of the Dallas Police Department this criminal was brought to justice and it would not have been possible without the Dallas FBI Evidence Response Team and the public's assistance.' "

Well no, no one has been brought to justice yet.

Best article yet. And we have the beginnings of a timeline.

5 a.m. TOD- Martinez states

6:40 a.m. neighbor, Antwainese Square, 39, finds body while jogging, in front of a home in the 7500 block of Saddleridge Drive, near West Wheatland Road and Mountain Creek Parkway

2:30 p.m. circle of dried blood where the boy’s body was found is removed

ETA: location, above. We also now know this boy was 4 years old. He lived in the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Very confused about this! Was this boy killed and placed out the front of a relatives home, or did he live in that home with the relative? If he lived there, this beastly murderer sure didn’t even try to hide anything!
I will never understand it
Moo

Anxiously awaiting updates. Two notable points from Fox article - bbm:

Police calling the crime "unusual," and said the crime scene extends about 200 feet back into a bike trail and includes a wooded area behind some homes.

Police believe the boy’s family lives in the neighborhood. A parent of the child has been notified, however it’s still unclear if the child was reported missing.

Dallas police investigating murder of child

JMO: Umm... they were going door to door asking if the families were missing a child, so it seems unlikely the child had been reported missing.

Could the "unusual" circumstances be that the little boy was not actually related to anyone in the house? And no one knows who he is, or where his parents are located? Perhaps it is another one of those "safe" houses stuffed with all kinds of people who just crossed the border illegally.

JMO, but I would doubt this is the case. This is not a typical neighborhood to traffic large amounts of people. People playing in the streets, neighbors knowing each other, a popular and well traveled public trail. Etc. Things are noticed in active, social neighborhoods. I think the fact that a young child was found dead in the street, apparently stabbed is highly unusual in itself. Coming from the area and working with trafficking victims...we don't usually find them in neighborhoods such as this. But certainly anything is possible and I am not saying there is no way. Again, JMO.

ETA: I would not be surprised if this was another boyfriend situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member