TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think 4yr olds would be enrolled in public school - that’s pre-school (and public preschool is often limited to children with special needs). 6 is the age when compulsory education begins in most states, including Texas. Texas Education Code - EDUC § 25.085 | FindLaw

Could she have registered the children eventually? I don’t know. Texas requires parent/guardian or someone with “legal control”. Enrolling Your Child

Bio mother didn’t have custody, right? I wonder if bio father provided something akin to a POA, along the lines of how minor athletes’ parents grant their coaches temporary guardianship (high-level athletes like Olympic hopefuls needing to cross state lines and stay overnight, not Little League). Here’s something interesting: https://www.maldef.org/assets/pdf/txparentsrights690a.pdf

At this point, it seems like non-bio mom/dad’s ex gf did the best she could as a single parent to 6 children and presumably limited finances IMO.
We can’t discuss the custody status of the twins, but the surviving twin was given to bio mom quite quickly after Cash was murdered. She’d filed a missing persons report for the twins. I think her not having custody is just a rumor.

I don’t think 4yr olds would be enrolled in public school - that’s pre-school (and public preschool is often limited to children with special needs). 6 is the age when compulsory education begins in most states, including Texas. Texas Education Code - EDUC § 25.085 | FindLaw

Could she have registered the children eventually? I don’t know. Texas requires parent/guardian or someone with “legal control”. Enrolling Your Child

Bio mother didn’t have custody, right? I wonder if bio father provided something akin to a POA, along the lines of how minor athletes’ parents grant their coaches temporary guardianship (high-level athletes like Olympic hopefuls needing to cross state lines and stay overnight, not Little League). Here’s something interesting: https://www.maldef.org/assets/pdf/txparentsrights690a.pdf

At this point, it seems like non-bio mom/dad’s ex gf did the best she could as a single parent to 6 children and presumably limited finances IMO.
Many states have federally funded Head Start programs that provide transportation, breakfast, lunch, and early learning setting.

Pre K is not mandatory. And one would need shot record and likely birth certs (it has been so long ago that I registered my kids). Something tells me that the lady they lived with did not have those items.

That depends. Foster parents and guardians are not required to have those records. Mostly because they are often not readily available to them. They do need to be able to show they are the foster parent or guardian. There are records to show for that. Also, Texas allows exemptions from vaccines for medical, conscience, religious reasons. You request a form, take it and get it notarized and the school accepts that. I don't actually think any of this is relevant to the case, but I thought I'd add that. I don't think the person the children were left with had any official, legal right to be keeping them. (JMO.)

I will also say that children not being in preschool or daycare is not unusual. I don't find that to be evidence of anything. (Not that I am suggesting you or anyone else is saying that it is.

Thank you , these are my thoughts although after years and years of WS I have a very suspicious mind and I would be a horrible juror because of it LOL

This is my theory. Not trying to be judgmental whatsoever but I have been in the medical field and worked with a variety of people. You sort of create a base for identifying your addicts, unstable, altered mental status patients based on behaviors, physical attributes associated to habit, ticks, etc. Now as a child my parent being an addict I was left in homes either under the care of ‘friends’ of my mother or alone. My older sister was molested by a neighbor during one of those instances. But the living conditions amongst these people were similar.

Similar in fact, to the one these boys were in, not that I’m implying that the GF is a drug addict. But seeing how the boys were being actively recorded, their room essentially isolated from the other occupants, and the behavior of the subject at two different times aren’t matching is totally unsettling. ALSO the GF making is a little sketchy.

My nephew passed away last month due to complications with COVID-19 his sister who is a repeated offender for drugs was ‘helping’ with raising funds for the funeral. She had two fundraisers ( and SpotFundMe) and was even receiving money in the form of amazon E-cards. I often received messages from my coworkers (because I had gotten my nephew a job with my employer) about her behavior and suspicions about motives. But yes she used the opportunity to capitalize on the death of her brother to fuel her addiction.

And to me the evidence is too familiar to having lived in the life of a absent meth addicted parent whose sibling was victimized during that time I honestly believe that there is far more than what’s being seen. <Modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is so,why wasn't he kept somewhere that he wouldn't be danger to the community? If he already had an evading charge. Clearly that shows there is an escape risk. Who was in charge of this,and why wasn't he actually monitored?
Because we don’t lock people away for being treated for mental illness anymore and it does not equal danger to society. He is an 18 year old adult. The laws in the US don’t usually allow someone else to be in charge of an adult unless or until they show they are a risk to themselves or someone else. This is a huge struggle for the parents of some mentally ill children who turn 18 and assume responsibility for their own medical care. We can’t force them to go to psychiatric or psychology appointments. They can’t be forced to take prescribed medications. There’s very little we can do.

I don’t know what charge he attempted to evade and there have been conflicting reports he was/was not/should have been wearing an ankle monitor. But that would be the decision of the judge who allowed him to bond or bail out. If he removed a required device, that would fall on him. His possible mental illness would not cause the ankle monitor requirement. IMO

Because we don’t lock people away for being treated for mental illness anymore and it does not equal danger to society. He is an 18 year old adult. The laws in the US don’t usually allow someone else to be in charge of an adult unless or until they show they are a risk to themselves or someone else. This is a huge struggle for the parents of some mentally ill children who turn 18 and assume responsibility for their own medical care. We can’t force them to go to psychiatric or psychology appointments. They can’t be forced to take prescribed medications. There’s very little we can do.

I don’t know what charge he attempted to evade and there have been conflicting reports he was/was not/should have been wearing an ankle monitor. But that would be the decision of the judge who allowed him to bond or bail out. If he removed a required device, that would fall on him. His possible mental illness would not cause the ankle monitor requirement. IMO
Yes. Somewhere someone in power failed in their duty. Derp Derp he has evading but there's no flight risk. Mental illness or not. The ball was dropped. And a four year snatched,and slaughtered is the result. MOO

Not being in preschool or daycare (or having a grandparent/neighbor as a designated daily caregiver) is unusual if the adult(s) of the home are employed. Someone has to watch them while the adult is at work. Other children of the home would be attending school and not available during the day.
JMO

Well, I think that is pretty obvious. I was not suggesting it wouldn't be unusual for the kids to be left home alone all day.

My thoughts are all over the place because there are pieces to this terrible story that just ring the alarm, but I do agree with this point of view.

Right now it is literally on film that DB took Cash and came back again, but left before he could harm Carter. He's the suspect. I don't think he was being instructed or that it isn't DB in both instances.

There are a lot of creepy parts to the narrative as we know it so far, the timing of calling 911 and so on, but I am not blaming the girlfriend yet for the poor living conditions. I know she previously lost custody of her own kids before this, as she stated, but there's something to be said for her in trying to make a home for the twins. If she was hooked up with a guy who moved in with his kids and then dumped them, that's a big ask for someone who has four teenagers already.

The room looks shabby and too easily accessible, and I think the youngest kids should be in the interior of the house or in a room facing the front. I think one convertible crib turned toddler bed is too small. But the pictures we see of the boys shows me they are clothed appropriately, they have toys, maybe that's the best she could do at the time.

I also agree she should have notified authorities about the kids being left with her. If LE comes up with evidence that she was instrumental in keeping the bio mom unaware, we will find that out.

What I think is sketchy is if the home video was sold to the DM or any other media, because when money is a factor, motives become suspect.
At this point though, I see one suspect in the kidnapping/murder and then a dysfunctional household perhaps, but no conspiracy.
I am wondering if the account is to acquire defense money for the lady. Whether she is complicit remains to be seen but she could likely face some sort of charges out of this crazy scenario.
Was the perp wearing an ankle monitor at the time or am I confusing that with another case? If he indeed was wearing one I wonder why and what his previous charges are. TIA!

we have new members in this thread.

Welcome!

For your convenience please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules of posting. Here is a link the the website rules

Also our moderators put rules about specific threads/case conversations up on teh first page of each thread. If in doubt, please check them out.

Thanks to our mods for all their hard work keeping things running smoothly.

I see exactly that. There is a lot of volume of hair underneath the white hoody. And the skin of the kidnapper looks close to the colour of the twins skin. He also moves very, very differently in the two videos.

Two different people? Different clothes and shoes in the 2 videos. Maybe he went home and changed.

Last edited:
Someone posted this elsewhere.
If you look at the photos from when it’s daylight- you’ll notice items that are different colors than they appeared in the section of video taken when the room was dark.
Infrared cameras do this when the room/location is dark. Deeper colors become light/white.
Example: look at the daylight photos for dark item hanging down under window. Same draped item looks white when camera is in infrared mode in the dark room.

3E030BF2-8CFD-4D79-8912-BC58AFA6C354.jpeg

Someone posted this elsewhere.
If you look at the photos from when it’s daylight- you’ll notice items that are different colors than they appeared in the section of video taken when the room was dark.
Infrared cameras do this when the room/location is dark. Deeper colors become light/white.
Example: look at the daylight photos for dark item hanging down under window. Same draped item looks white when camera is in infrared mode in the dark room.

View attachment 297907

Were the color photos zoomed in? It almost looks like the camera was moved :confused:

from your link

“The woman has also falsely claimed to be Cash’s Mother and has tried to gain financially from his death,” Seagroves wrote on a ******** page, urging others not to donate to pages associated with Sherrod.

MOO Aunt Patty's is the only fundraising I have seen using Cash's name. I actually went and looked. Haven't seen any by MS. I get that some are angry that she gave the Daily Mail interview. But I guess I don't see how this maternal relative differs much. Sometimes others are the mirror you reflect your own shortcomings on to. JMO
She still claims Cash,and twin are hers in the interview, even though LE stated very clearly that is false.

We can’t discuss the custody status of the twins, but the surviving twin was given to bio mom quite quickly after Cash was murdered. She’d filed a missing persons report for the twins. I think her not having custody is just a rumor.

Could you provide the link with the details about the biomom filing a missing persons report? I haven't seen that and have been looking. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969