TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxiously awaiting updates. Two notable points from Fox article - bbm:

Police calling the crime "unusual," and said the crime scene extends about 200 feet back into a bike trail and includes a wooded area behind some homes.

Police believe the boy’s family lives in the neighborhood. A parent of the child has been notified, however it’s still unclear if the child was reported missing.

Dallas police investigating murder of child

JMO: Umm... they were going door to door asking if the families were missing a child, so it seems unlikely the child had been reported missing.
Nobody came out to look either until later that morning. Even though LE went door to door.

Could the "unusual" circumstances be that the little boy was not actually related to anyone in the house? And no one knows who he is, or where his parents are located? Perhaps it is another one of those "safe" houses stuffed with all kinds of people who just crossed the border illegally.
Which is why they haven't named the man. How many cases like this do they not name the arrestee? No mention of where mom is. Poor babe protect the criminal more than the innocent child. No wonder this kind of thing is happening on the regular. SMH.

Poor kid, laying cold and alone in the dark :( Hope whoever did this to him gets soon what they deserve

"On Saturday evening, CBS 11 News found the FBI’s evidence response team searching and removing items from a house located in 7500 block of Florina Parkway. It’s in the same neighborhood as where the boy was found dead. The Dallas Police Department confirmed this location is also a part of their investigation"
https://news.google.com/articles/CA...5-qFCzCZnYMDMPCGiQY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Poor kid, laying cold and alone in the dark :( Hope whoever did this to him gets soon what they deserve

"On Saturday evening, CBS 11 News found the FBI’s evidence response team searching and removing items from a house located in 7500 block of Florina Parkway. It’s in the same neighborhood as where the boy was found dead. The Dallas Police Department confirmed this location is also a part of their investigation"
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEGzZUSQe-vtvwUr6yJdDNgQqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow5-qFCzCZnYMDMPCGiQY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
So found in front of a home in the 7500 block of Saddleridge Drive, & LE searching house in 7500 block of Florina Parkway.

Finding the body of a four year old would give you such intense PTSD. I would for sure get a blanket to cover him up.
Poor kid. Sigh.

What’s going on these days wit these babies being taken from us? Is it the planets? What’s happening?!

Anyone have any updates , I am not a fan of DPD , I had it out over Kimberly Cheatham case with a Detective about a month ago after finding he had supposedly worked on her case and said " who" to me 2x in the same conversation , The local reporting on this is awful Smash da topic is the only way you get any clear info in this town , nothing reported makes sense on this one!

Here is the name of the 18 year old suspect:

Darriynn Brown was arrested in connection to the boy's death on charges of kidnapping and theft, Dallas police said Sunday. Investigators added they anticipate additional charges as they await results from a forensic analysis.
Toddler found dead Saturday in Mountain Creek neighborhood | wfaa.com

Interestingly, his name came up in my Google search earlier. It appeared he’d been arrested from the 7500 block of Florina in February- however the web page citing Dallas open data was no longer active so I couldn’t confirm or see the charge.

Dallas County Online Jail Search

Darriynn Brown is Black and Male (four required fields for lookup).
Bail is $750,000 PHOTO

Interesting charges of kidnapping and theft - but not burglary. So he had a right to be present at the location, but no right to the child, and he stole another's property which could be as simple as the child's blanket. Mom's boyfriend? Where was the child murdered? I hope they have a press conference. That neighborhood must be reeling.

same name, little more info:

18-Year-Old Darriynn Brown Arrested In Connection To Murder Of Child Found In Dallas Street

Police said Brown, so far, has been charged with kidnapping and theft. Further charges are expected pending forensic results, according to police.

“At around 10 p.m. Saturday, police said they had a suspect in custody. Further details, such as location of the suspect, were not immediately released.”

[...]

“Investigators believe the boy lived in the neighborhood.”

same name, little more info:

18-Year-Old Darriynn Brown Arrested In Connection To Murder Of Child Found In Dallas Street

Police said Brown, so far, has been charged with kidnapping and theft. Further charges are expected pending forensic results, according to police.
I just checked Dallas court Records and there is a defendant by the same name who was charged with “evading arrest” in April awaiting a late May hearing.
Dallas County Criminal Background Search

I just checked Dallas court Records and there is a defendant by the same name who was charged with “evading arrest” in April awaiting a late May hearing.
Dallas County Criminal Background Search
I just checked court documents here and they indicate that bond was set at $500 personal recognizance bond on 4/27/21 for the evading arrest charge (a misdemeanor). He also swears in an affidavit to be unemployed and live with his parents at a Duncanville Tx address. https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty...ViewDocument&overlay=Print&overrideFormat=PDF
Case # M2155422

ETA - he lists his address (at his parents) as Bayberry Ln - less than a mile from both crime scenes.

Last edited:
Could the walking trail be between the address the FBI is currently searching and the street the poor child was found? I am beyond shocked, heartbroken, and enraged. I hope we get more info about what occurred and if this is indeed guilty of stabbing this little boy I think he should get the death penalty to end his evil life. I am beyond caring about this pathetic excuse of a human being; if he is guilty, of course. I'm beyond caring about any of these child murders. They need to go. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06