TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

diggndeeperstill

Reaction score
Thread #1
—————-

Dallas Police Give Update on Child Fatally Wounded in Mountain Creek Neighborhood

A child has died after being found Saturday morning in the Mountain Creek neighborhood with multiple wounds, Dallas police say.

Officers were called about 7 a.m. to Saddleridge and Wood Homestead drives, where the wounded child was found. The child has been pronounced dead, police said.

Child found dead Saturday in Mountain Creek neighborhood | wfaa.com
Police said the child had "multiple wounds" and was dead when officers arrived. It's unclear if anyone has been arrested in connection with the child's death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note and Reminder:

WS is a victim friendly discussion forum. At this time there is one named POI and that is the only individual that should be sleuthed or blamed for this tragic loss of life.

Within the TOS of WS everyone else involved in this situation is a victim. They are considered victims because they are experiencing the loss of a 4 year old child and they have not been charged with any crime directly related to this loss of life.

Should LE state something different in the future, we can re-visit the guidelines for this thread.

Thank you for understanding our position and caring so passionately for the loss of Cash.

For any members who may have missed it earlier, here is the link to the article that contains Cash's father's audio statement.
Video w audio of the dad’s statement has been pulled, but is transcribed in part in the article:

In the video, Gernon says he’d been friends with Sherrod for some time and that the two had been brought together because they were single parents and that she had been very helpful to him, especially when she “offered her home” to him earlier this year.

Gernon says he moved back to Houston, where he was from originally, “after an unsuccessful job hunt amongst other things” and decided to leave the boys with Sherrod so as not to “disrupt their routine.” Sherrod “appeared” to be a trustworthy person, he said, but “this choice I made with best of intentions has resulted in a most horrific outcome.”

He said he believed his decision was a mistake and apologized to the boys’ mother, Melinda Seagroves, for failing “to keep him safe.” “That was my job as a dad,” he said.

To make matters worse,” he continued, “I have to fear for my freedom, as it is the goal of some to see me go to jail rather than grieve the loss of my little boy. All I want to do is have that one thing every parent deserves: to say good-bye and be with my son one last time before I return him home”.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Still hoping we'll hear something from LE soon, they've been mighty quiet in what is a horrific case, don't know if that's usual for that force?
snipped

There is no announcement they need to make to the public right now that will help with the investigation. The next time we hear from LE, imo, will be results of the autopsy and to announce DB has been charged with murder. They don't need to tell the public every step of the investigation, especially since the victim is not missing and the suspect is behind bars.

jmo

I read on another board that MS had called in a "burglary" report prior to reporting Cash missing. I will attach the link of the report that is public data. The call to 911 was logged at 6:53:58 however she claims she slept till 1o. Any ideas on what the report was referring to?
Dallas Police Public Data Viewer

I wonder if a neighbor could have observed his reentry into the residence and phoned it in...

I read on another board that MS had called in a "burglary" report prior to reporting Cash missing. I will attach the link of the report that is public data. The call to 911 was logged at 6:53:58 however she claims she slept till 1o. Any ideas on what the report was referring to?

Interesting. She did say she slept until 10 and was surprised Cash didn't come in to wake her up, didn't she? I wonder if they got up early, saw doors open, and then reported that, but didn't really LOOK to see if both kids were in bed. It might still have looked like they were both there.

We discussed that here too. I think what happened is when she called later in the morning to report that Cash was missing. she told LE at that time that someone broke into their house earlier. I don't think she actualled LE twice that day.

jmo

Welcome to WS, @lab.tx

Yikes! That doesn't sound very good....

So, burglary/ breaking and entering, then it says the MO is burglary/ habition. What is habition? Is it some police code or is it a misspelling of habitation?

So someone was awake and called in a Breaking and Entering, what, into their habitation? Hours before Monica woke up? If someone else in the family called that in, I'm pretty sure they would have woken MS to tell her they'd been burgled.

I know she said Cash always woke her and that's why she ended up sleeping late, no Cash to wake her. I was curious if by then Carter would've woken her, but maybe he was a late sleeper.

I remember waiting 2-3 weeks for forensics on the teenage girl found in the landfill in Tarrant County. Remember her? Name started with a K I think? And Tarrant County does not have near the volume of crime as Dallas/Dallas County.
I hope we get answers soon but wanted to share this info.

Southwestern Institute of Forensic Services - SWIFS - is responsible for testing the forensic evidence as well as the autopsy for Cash.

It’s a huge operation with lots of moving parts. Not only do they provide services for Dallas County, they provide services to smaller municipalities and other agencies for a fee.

The City of Dallas is their largest customer and the work accounts for 50% of the total work done at the lab.

From the website:
The Dallas County Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences (SWIFS) is a local government forensic pathology and laboratory science institution dedicated to serving the public interests through the provision of a broad spectrum of essential forensic services which are performed accurately, impartially and timely.

Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences | Home

Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy for Crime Stoppers of Houston, shared court documents with CrimeOnline from the Harris County District Court state that Cash’s father Trevor Gernon is wanted on multiple felonies. Kahan previously worked as a Victim Advocate for the Mayor’s Office and for the Houston Police Department as both a Parole and Probation Officer.

Court documents at the Harris County District Court state that Trevor Gernon is wanted on charges of:
  • Unauthorized use of a vehicle (two counts)
  • Fraud
  • Drug possession (two counts)
  • Theft by check
Texas tot boy stolen from crib: Cash Gernon’s dad is a WANTED FUGITIVE

Cash-Gernon-.jpg

Texas tot boy stolen from crib: Cash Gernon’s dad is a WANTED FUGITIVE by Leigh Egan May 20, 2021

Fly high sweet, innocent boy!

Welcome to WS, @lab.tx

Yikes! That doesn't sound very good....

So, burglary/ breaking and entering, then it says the MO is burglary/ habition. What is habition? Is it some police code or is it a misspelling of habitation?

So someone was awake and called in a Breaking and Entering, what, into their habitation? Hours before Monica woke up? If someone else in the family called that in, I'm pretty sure they would have woken MS to tell her they'd been burgled.

I know she said Cash always woke her and that's why she ended up sleeping late, no Cash to wake her. I was curious if by then Carter would've woken her, but maybe he was a late sleeper.
I think the burglary habitation means he entered a home (as opposed to a store or vehicle, for example).

jm

I remember waiting 2-3 weeks for forensics on the teenage girl found in the landfill in Tarrant County. Remember her? Name started with a K I think? And Tarrant County does not have near the volume of crime as Dallas/Dallas County.
I hope we get answers soon but wanted to share this info.

Southwestern Institute of Forensic Services - SWIFS - is responsible for testing the forensic evidence as well as the autopsy for Cash.

It’s a huge operation with lots of moving parts. Not only do they provide services for Dallas County, they provide services to smaller municipalities and other agencies for a fee.

The City of Dallas is their largest customer and the work accounts for 50% of the total work done at the lab.

From the website:
The Dallas County Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences (SWIFS) is a local government forensic pathology and laboratory science institution dedicated to serving the public interests through the provision of a broad spectrum of essential forensic services which are performed accurately, impartially and timely.

Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences | Home
I've learned from following other cases that toxology reports of an autopsy can take a long time.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member