TX TX - Cheryl Henry, 22, & Andy Atkinson, 21, Houston, 21 Aug 1990

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am curious how many other dancers are claiming to have been raped by this man. I would think by this time LE would have made public some kind of list of other crimes they feel connected to this one. And If some of the rapes happened AFTER the murders. I am guessing that Garland wasnt working at GiGi's at the time of the murders, but were any of his coworkers reporting rapes? Does Garland come on this site as well? Does anyone have info about the rape victim's boyfriend Randy? It seems strange for a rapist to mention him by name. Did Randy live at the address? If I am understanding this right, the composite wasnt drawn until 2008? And the rapist had some kind of fishnet stocking over his head? How accurate do people think the composite is? Being that Rte 6 heads straight out of Houston and through Sugarland, have they checked there to see about other crimes as well?

"Police are chasing several new leads from other exotic dancers who claim to have been raped by the man in the sketch. They just learned last year that Cheryl also worked at a strip club in Houston before her death."

This would have been Andy's Grandfather? I have read allot about the MacDonald case.
"That stepfather was Peter Kearns, who helped lead the reinvestigation into the Jeffrey MacDonald case, one of Fayetteville’s most notorious murder cases, one of those crimes you can’t mention over a beer unless you want a bar-full of opinions and theories."

I am wondering about this reference article also. Does anyone have a link to the attacks that the article is mentioning?

Garland Atkinson drugs3.jpg

If I am understanding this right, the composite wasnt drawn until 2008? And the rapist had some kind of fishnet stocking over his head? How accurate do people think the composite is? "

The composite wasn't done until 2008 because the DNA from the rape case wasn't processed and put into CODIS until then. When it was it was a match for the same DNA from Cheryl. That is when the police talked more to the rape victim and she agreed to help with a composite.

I am wondering about this reference article also. Does anyone have a link to the attacks that the article is mentioning?

Bill Thomas posted this couple of pages back:

Mocity:

My name is Bill Thomas. My sister Cathy Thomas and her friend Rebecca Dowski were the first two victims in the Colonial Parkway Murders, in which four young couples were killed in lovers lanes in Virginia from 1986 to 1989. Has anyone ever mentioned this case to you? There are a number of similarities.

Please let me know if you would.

Many thanks.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

mocity, I wish I would be fortunate enough to have someone like you in my life if something were to happen to me.

Bumping for Cheryl and Andy. 26 years ago today my stepsister and her boyfriend were murdered and the person has never been caught. DNA from Chery's murder was matched to another rape around the same time and that girl saw him. There is a composite sketch yet the case is unsolved.

Post from my step-mother on Facebook today:

What's on my mind today? Cheryl. Cheryl. Cheryl. How I wish I could have been with you. The police wouldn't let me go yo you when they found you. I know I could have breathed life into you or died beside you. I'm so sorry, honey, they held me back and wouldn't let me go to you. I love you with all my heart. You are cherished. Thank you for being you. Loving, fun, such a precious daughter and sister and friend. Thank you Precious Jesus for welcoming my baby into your arms and holding her close to you. Thank you, Lord, for giving me the ability to smile again after losing Cheryl. I so wanted to be able to smile and laugh again and raise our other children in a happy home. God answered my prayer.

I wonder why none of these details were mentioned till 2013:

CHERYL:

"police found a golf club in a field and three golf balls, one lined up after the other, pointing the way to Cheryl's body.

"four partially-deflated balloons they found tied to the tree above Cheryl s body" (vaguely mentioned)

"There was also a crisp $20 bill next to her."

RAPE VICTIM:

"her attacker was asking for her boyfriend and said he owed him money."

"the woman s attacker took $250 from her home and left" (mentioned, but kept for emphasis on ransom money)

"The rape victim says that she once worked for one of the murder victim s fathers, the dad of Andy Atkinson"

Someone can be working in a strip club and not be a dancer (manager, waitress, cleaner, etc). Mocity, we don't mean to offend.

I am leaning more towards strip-club connection. We know the woman who identified him was assaulted 2 months prior to Cheryl's murder. And at that time she was working at Gigi's. How long prior to incident was Cheryl working in the club? Was it Gigi's?

POSSIBILITIES:

1) Stalker from Strip club scene (both for Cheryl and the other woman). Can be an employee, most probably a client.

2) Gay connection: He is acquainted with both from workplace of Andy's father (Andy and Randy). Definitely an employee.

Ransom Money: Most probably genuine.

I wonder why none of these details were mentioned till 2013:

CHERYL:

"police found a golf club in a field and three golf balls, one lined up after the other, pointing the way to Cheryl's body.

"four partially-deflated balloons they found tied to the tree above Cheryl s body" (vaguely mentioned)

"There was also a crisp $20 bill next to her."

RAPE VICTIM:

"her attacker was asking for her boyfriend and said he owed him money."

"the woman s attacker took $250 from her home and left" (mentioned, but kept for emphasis on ransom money)

"The rape victim says that she once worked for one of the murder victim s fathers, the dad of Andy Atkinson"

They keep some details in order to help if ever someone was accused or came forward. The rape victim and Cheryl weren't connected until that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They keep some details in order to help if ever someone was accused or came forward. The rape victim and Cheryl weren't connected until that time.

I thought they were connected in 2008, weren't they?

Rape victim, not LE, said she worked for Andy's father. Why to keep it till 2013?

Can you also give timeline when she worked in the club?

I thought they were connected in 2008, weren't they?

Rape victim, not LE, said she worked for Andy's father. Why to keep it till 2013?

Can you also give timeline when she worked in the club?

Sorry. I don't know the rape victim or when she was there. I will go back and see if I can tell.

Sorry. I don't know the rape victim or when she was there. I will go back and see if I can tell.

I was not talking about the rape victim. She already said when she was in the club: 2 months before murder. She came home that night from Gigi.

I am trying to understand when Cheryl was working in the club and if it was the same club.

No it was a different club and it was only for a few months. She waited tables. It was a couple of years before she was killed. She was home that summer from college and working in a office setting

No it was a different club and it was only for a few months. She waited tables. It was a couple of years before she was killed. She was home that summer from college and working in a office setting

Yeah, I apologize for regurgitating stuff answered by you 20 times before.

I reread whole 24 pages again and I see I missed some points. It is because none of the links or articles are working (only 3 live ones over 50 mentioned in the thread).

Do you happen to know where is "corner of Westheimer and Beltway 8" from abducted Stephanie Michelle Bueller case? Westheimer is not intersecting Beltway 8. I assume they might have changed in 26 years. Perhaps someone from Texas can chime in and I can add her to the map.

Here is a list of locations. Sorry it took me more than a minute, locations and workplaces have changed/closed. Anybody who can confirm I have murder site absolutely correct?

IMO, we really need a map and a SAR expert here. I think the map is going to reveal a relatively small area where the killer lived and/or worked.

Gigi's: 11150 Nw Fwy, Houston 77092 - workplace of rape survivor.

Rick's Cabaret: 77057 Bering Dr, Houston 77057 - former workplace of Cheryl.

Gold's gym: 16211 Clay rd, Houston, 77084 - workplace of Andy.

Dreamstreet Club: number unknown, Winrock Blvrd, Houston, 77057 -workplace of Andy.

Bayou Mama's: corner near Westheiner rd and Gessner rd, Houston, 77064- (building now demolished). Nightclub Cheryl and Andy visited before their murder.

1300 Enclave Parkway, Houston 77077, cul de sac nr Gulf Freeway (Eldridge Prkway??) - site of murder of Cheryl and Andy.

Terra Cotta Dr, Houston, 77040 - location of rape attack.

Here is the map:

Okay, this forum is irritating me with pre-1995 stamp sized images, so I will link directly and hope it works:

G9oEb9v.jpg

Yeah, I apologize for regurgitating stuff answered by you 20 times before.

I reread whole 24 pages again and I see I missed some points. It is because none of the links or articles are working (only 3 live ones over 50 mentioned in the thread).

Do you happen to know where is "corner of Westheimer and Beltway 8" from abducted Stephanie Michelle Bueller case? Westheimer is not intersecting Beltway 8. I assume they might have changed in 26 years. Perhaps someone from Texas can chime in and I can add her to the map.

I don't mind answering anything. I appreciate your interest in my sisters case. Westheimer actually does intersect beltway 8.
07f2961373f6843e6c98d329f945a4d0.png
. I tried to attach a picture. Westheimer is also referred to as 1093 on map.

Ugh. I need to go thru this and review links to see if I can update any. There isn't much activity here unfortunately.

Wow, that girl is abducted 1 month after your sister in the same area! I will update the map. Has a link been investigated?

Beltway 8 I found was on the other side of Houston.

I don't mind answering anything. I appreciate your interest in my sisters case. Westheimer actually does intersect beltway 8. . I tried to attach a picture. Westheimer is also referred to as 1093 on map.

Ugh. I need to go thru this and review links to see if I can update any. There isn't much activity here unfortunatel

Wow, that girl is abducted 1 month after your sister in the same area! I will update the map. Has a link been investigated?

Beltway 8 I found was on the other side of Houston.

It's kind of a circle. Yes I was told it was investigated but nothing came of it

It's kind of a circle. Yes I was told it was investigated but nothing came of it

have you spoken anything with rape victim? What happened back then? Didn't investigators check out other girls in the same club about similar incidents? Why would she think it was someone from the moving company who threatened her? If someone threatened her, wouldn't she have known if it was him or not? I am finding this very odd. Something had to give.

In all these, I forgot to ask who you think it is. Initially you mentioned the group. Did your opinion change after rape victim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slueth_cat
Back