TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this wasn't already posted, some very interesting comments on Mom's FB supposedly by a family member. Scroll down to RB's post that starts "I honestly can't believe...." and then click on the "View 16 more comments" under that to see what she (HMR) is saying they were told:

https://www.facebook.com/meagan.work.5?fref=ts

What made my skin crawl, and upset me more than anything yet, is the ecard SHE posted on facebook on September 8th. The blue one.

What made my skin crawl, and upset me more than anything yet, is the ecard SHE posted on facebook on September 8th. The blue one.

A lot of people have mentioned that, but I guess since I've seen it posted all over the internet & on FB many times before, it doesn't really strike me as of any import. I'm more appalled that a majority of her posts were about smoking pot.

Since I have seen that post I have been searching for " Mike's " Facebook

I've been looking on and off since this afternoon with no such luck. Visually, I only have a mug shot pic to go off of. In the news, he is referred to as her boyfriend..but you'd never know that by comments she makes to other men on fb, including Colton's bio father

A lot of people have mentioned that, but I guess since I've seen it posted all over the internet & on FB many times before, it doesn't really strike me as of any import. I'm more appalled that a majority of her posts were about smoking pot.

I've seen it before too. Heck, I've probably shared it.. But it loses all comedic value, when you post it 4 days before your child's body is found. **IMO**

Jumping in here...is it possible that those injuries (from the photos we've seen) could have been caused to this little boy by being thrown off of an ATV or a horse?

:thinking:

When I saw the abrasions my first thought was some kind of vehicle accident where he was jostled around. Only because one of my own kids was in a bike accident 25+ years ago and her injuries looked quite similar.

I am highly suspicious of ANY friend coming forward now. I don't think anyone was too concerned about poor Colton until they saw a way to be in the media and get their 15 minutes. JMO.

I've seen it before too. Heck, I've probably shared it.. But it loses all comedic value, when you post it 4 days before your child's body is found. **IMO**

I agree, but I kind of got the feeling after looking through her page that she just shared distasteful stuff nonstop. I guess the shock value wasn't very high for me b/c I was already disgusted before I got to it. I may be a bit angry that another baby is dead for no reason, no one seemed to notice. I apologize if I came off rude, I'm just mad at all of the abusers right now.

I agree, but I kind of got the feeling after looking through her page that she just shared distasteful stuff nonstop. I guess the shock value wasn't very high for me b/c I was already disgusted before I got to it. I may be a bit angry that another baby is dead for no reason, no one seemed to notice. I apologize if I came off rude, I'm just mad at all of the abusers right now.

You didn't come off rude at all. I completely agree. I am disgusted with babies dying by the hands of those close to them. I have a 3yr old, and she was asleep on my lap when I first read about this little boy, and it broke my heart. It is our job to protect our children. I've seen the pictures of the little guy's bruises, and I've seen pictures of his big smile. He wasn't even 3, but trough the pain, he still smiled and it makes me so mad to think about what that smile was hiding.

At what point does a child become dispensable?

I don't think it's about becoming "dispensable". I think it's about a man beating a child to death while the mother doesn't intervene. Because he's beaten the child so often she thinks this child can also withstand this beating, but this beating is worse than the others and the child dies.

I don't think it's about becoming "dispensable". I think it's about a man beating a child to death while the mother doesn't intervene. Because he's beaten the child so often she thinks this child can also withstand this beating.

Who says it was the man?

I'm curious about the injuries in the photo. I see some large bruises, on his hip and the small of his back and it looks like there may be some bruising at the top of his buttocks also that the shorts cover up.

Looks like a grandmother's hand holding him for the picture.

Those look like scratches to me, and they go every which-way. It's not like a line of 4 finger scratches, or anything indicating it was fingernails scratching him, and there is very little bruising associated with the scratch lines indicating they aren't switch marks. They're like, cuts.

What do they look like to anyone else? He was old enough to have described what happened to him - but I'm just curious about what would cause that pattern of wounds.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1503564599887326&set=pcb.1503565779887208&type=1&theater

Did anyone watch either of the videos on her FB with her and Colton's dad? They were off road mudding in both of them. Adorable little Colton had a cameo in each one and his just finding out words come out of this food hole" voice is so cute. In one video he has what looks like a large bite mark on this left cheek. He has bruising in the other video as well.

For what it's worth they came across as a loving couple who cared about their child on the video.

And I was in for quite a shock when I realized that I have a mutual FB friend with Meagan Work. My step-daughter who lives in Cedar Park is friends with her. I believe they work together. I'll jet her a text tomorrow and find out if she knows anything.

So MW's cousin took the pictures in July and only reached out to anyone on Wednesday? What???? Why not in July when she took the pictures??????????

I agree! Her quote says that she gathered the information she needed to go to the police, but never said she actually went to the police. Why in the world not?? Or one of the other two people whose hands appear in those photos?? This child was failed by so many people :(.

Did no one actually contact police after seeing those photos? What good is trying to find someone by facebook, sending pictures and talking about if no one reported it to LE or Child Services? I just can't believe no one reported it! Poor baby didn't have a chance, did he?

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members