TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked why they not file homicide or murder charges, Austin Police homicide division commander Mark Spangler said the charges filed today carry the same penalties as murder. The first degree felony charges, he said, are the most appropriate charges and a Grand Jury could determine homicide charges are justified.
http://kxan.com/2014/10/24/new-charges-filed-in-colton-turner-case/
So a GJ could still bring murder charges? Scratching my head as to why LE didn't just charge one or both of them with murder? Not conclusive as to who actually did it?

Now that I have absorbed all the details behind the specific charges, I am not so discouraged/ disappointed as I was initially. The additional charges carry the same penalty as murder charges, and those are still possible. Thank god they can finally lay Colton to rest. Poor innocent baby. :rose:

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/loca...charges-filed-in-colton-turner-case/17832615/

A few days later, police said a witness who worked next door to Turner, Robert Coe, came forward and told officers he saw Work hitting and shaking Colton in the parking lot on July 7th, then slamming his head into the side of a truck. Officers said "what he saw haunted him, especially once he found out the child died."

This makes me so mad. Why did this guy not call 911 at the time he saw this happening? He waited and waited and, he WAITED to come forward until it was too late.

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd be interested to know how many of the delinquent cases were made by mandatory reporters versus non mandatory reporters.

I can't help but wonder if the report/s of abuse in Colton's case came from a mandatory reporter if they would have been handled with more urgency. This case has caused me to think if CPS isn't responding properly immediately, then perhaps when injuries are seen on a child the best thing to do would be to take the child to a doctor and medical staff who are mandatory reporters would be doing the reporting. I can't say it would have changed the outcome, but it is something to consider.

This makes me so mad. Why did this guy not call 911 at the time he saw this happening? He waited and waited and, he WAITED to come forward until it was too late.

Mel

People don't like getting involved these days. :(

People don't like getting involved these days. :(

I know. My hubby and I were talking about Colton today, we were in Cedar Park and It made me think of this beautiful child. He said basically the same thing, how people won't take the chance of becoming involved. I just can't see how a man can stand there, see this monster throw this baby up against the truck and do nothing. Hubby was saying how he would have been on the phone while going over to stop the abuse. I tend to get more emotional so I would have ran over then thought to call 911.

Mel

It's sickening that a mother could do that to her child. Too often we hear about step-fathers and new boyfriends abusing children and the mothers not acting to stop it. But in this case it seems that MW was the perp!

I know. My hubby and I were talking about Colton today, we were in Cedar Park and It made me think of this beautiful child. He said basically the same thing, how people won't take the chance of becoming involved. I just can't see how a man can stand there, see this monster throw this baby up against the truck and do nothing. Hubby was saying how he would have been on the phone while going over to stop the abuse. I tend to get more emotional so I would have ran over then thought to call 911.
I think a lot about why so many people don't want to get involved. From everyday incidents, like a fender bender, to the murder of a baby, people just don't want to stand up and do the right thing. Why is that? What are they afraid of?

Once you see something, or know something, there's no way to go back in time and un-see it. At that moment it is your responsibility as a human being to take a stand. I'm sure if something happened to those who don't want to get involved, they would want help. But they somehow don't think about that. They can't seem to empathize at all. And if they can't it's a huge flaw in their basic makeup.

It is estimated that 4% of the population are sociopaths- that's 12 million Americans! But what's wrong with the other 96%? How does one turn a blind eye to anyone who needs help? Personally, I believe there are far more sociopaths running around than is estimated. Plus, we've become such a selfish society that everyone is completely focused on themselves. I guess it's too inconvenient to get involved. How sad.

I'm like you and your hubby, Mel. There's no way I wouldn't get involved, simply because it's the right thing to do.

So sad to see Colton moved. RIP buddy.

Ah, yeah that makes the post make less sinister sense. Thank you.

As for the post seeming less sinister... to me, it still reads like she was "speaking" of or to Colton, but the friend that commented ASSUMED it was about MWs mother because at the time, it was not known that Colton was missing nor deceased.

Mel

I'm the type that will tell kids to stop running in stores. I have not witnessed anything like what she did; so I'm not sure if I would say something to her or call 911; but I don't think I'd stay quiet. I honestly do not know and unfortunately; I know 5 people that have lost their children to CPS for what I would consider stupid things. I just had another friend (not in the US) lose 4 of her 5 children 3 weeks ago; they left the one that's fighting cancer. Someone in her apartment called saying she threatened the oldest who is autistic. CPS has been trying to take him away from her for the last 2 years; they want to put him in an institution. She had recently refused to sign; had a court date when someone supposedly called on her.

I do wonder what set Megan off. What did Colton do that made her treat him like that?

Going back to the article; sounds like the witness knew who she was. Chances are; he's seen or heard her before. Didn't he wonder why he hadn't seen Colton?

Witness account leads to new charges filed in Colton Turner case
A few days later, police said a witness who worked next door to Turner, Robert Coe, came forward and told officers he saw Work hitting and shaking Colton in the parking lot on July 7, then slamming his head into the side of a truck. Officers said,"What he saw haunted him, especially once he found out the child died."

I would have ran and stopped her (and maybe hit her... ask questions later) while screaming for someone to call 911!. No way in h*ll is it OK to slam a babies head into a truck. If she had been reprimanding him that is a different story. I saw a woman at Walmart yelling at her son and put him in the grocery basket harshly then walk out of the store... I followed her out. It ended up him misbehaving.

I'm the type that will tell kids to stop running in stores. I have not witnessed anything like what she did; so I'm not sure if I would say something to her or call 911; but I don't think I'd stay quiet. I honestly do not know and unfortunately; I know 5 people that have lost their children to CPS for what I would consider stupid things. I just had another friend (not in the US) lose 4 of her 5 children 3 weeks ago; they left the one that's fighting cancer. Someone in her apartment called saying she threatened the oldest who is autistic. CPS has been trying to take him away from her for the last 2 years; they want to put him in an institution. She had recently refused to sign; had a court date when someone supposedly called on her.

I do wonder what set Megan off. What did Colton do that made her treat him like that?

Going back to the article; sounds like the witness knew who she was. Chances are; he's seen or heard her before. Didn't he wonder why he hadn't seen Colton?

Witness account leads to new charges filed in Colton Turner case

BBM Nothing, absolutely nothing. He was a baby.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/loca...charges-filed-in-colton-turner-case/17832615/

A few days later, police said a witness who worked next door to Turner, Robert Coe, came forward and told officers he saw Work hitting and shaking Colton in the parking lot on July 7th, then slamming his head into the side of a truck. Officers said "what he saw haunted him, especially once he found out the child died."

Another person who played a part in Colton's death. I can't even fathom watching someone beat their child so relentlessly and doing nothing. WTH is he thinking coming forward now and having his name in the media? Does he think he'll get attention for helping lock her up? I'm sick to death of "witnesses" who watch a crime like it's a TV show and only come forward for attention after the fact. That's not a witness, that's an accessory. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413