Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't even find her missing poster on the sheriff dept.'s FB page. I think they really have their hands full with the flooding and probably aren't putting a lot of manpower into this investigation. That isn't meant to be derogatory, just realistic.

Have the police searched the boyfriend's house or the ex's house? Not just a cursory glance around but with a warrant? That needs to be done immediately!

If the police don't have that video by now, they won't be getting it from him. For all his words about how he is helping and blah blah blah, he should have brought that tape to the cops with him when he went. I missed the part about him giving the photos to the media before the cops. Why would he do that?!

I don't think they've searched the BF's House at all. And I don't know if there been any further search at the exes house. But of course, there is a lot more going on than we in the public are told I'm sure. . I agree he should have brought that tape to the cops! But after processing this a little in my mind..I came up with this: IF he is innocent, maybe he thought taking it to detectives first...would keep him from being able to go public with it?

Does anyone else think it's strange that the ex hasn't said anything and isn't making any effort to look for her?

I assume he still has the kids with him. From an article I posted earlier, they seem to be 5 and 8. They're probably already upset and scared with their mom missing, so it's possible he doesn't want to be away from at this point. As for giving a statement, maybe he's a private person. And with the uncle and the boyfriend giving interviews, they are getting her disappearance out there. Maybe if no one from the family was saying anything I would find his silence more odd. Right now, it doesn't make me suspicious.

I assume he still has the kids with him. From an article I posted earlier, they seem to be 5 and 8. They're probably already upset and scared with their mom missing, so it's possible he doesn't want to be away from at this point. As for giving a statement, maybe he's a private person. And with the uncle and the boyfriend giving interviews, they are getting her disappearance out there. Maybe if no one from the family was saying anything I would find his silence more odd. Right now, it doesn't make me suspicious.

I thought I read earlier in the thread that he has been cooperative and helpful with the police even if he hasn't been all over the media about it. The uncle hasn't been all over MSM about it either, other than a couple of statements. The boyfriend is the only one who is insistent on inserting himself deeply into the coverage of this case.

Well first of all, I think they've said he's been real cooperative. But also, he's dealing with a lot. If everything we are hearing is true, he has he kids who are probably distraught, had no idea she even had a BF so he's probably having to process that...and then of course the fact that the mother of his kids (and the love of his life) is missing and knowing he's a suspect. That's a lot.

My bet is on the boyfriend because-

1. He was the last person to see and talk with her and text her
2. He uses past tense in the interviews
3. He tells inside edition that he is innocent and willingly helps with the investigation.

He could vw be innocent but it makes u stop and think. Jmo

I couldn't even find her missing poster on the sheriff dept.'s FB page. I think they really have their hands full with the flooding and probably aren't putting a lot of manpower into this investigation. That isn't meant to be derogatory, just realistic.

Well they'd better be....this case has gotten so much media attention, it's unbelievable! It's on the main Yahoo page and quite a few national news coverage shows, as well as People magazine-already!

Have the police searched the boyfriend's house or the ex's house? Not just a cursory glance around but with a warrant? That needs to be done immediately!

If the police don't have that video by now, they won't be getting it from him. For all his words about how he is helping and blah blah blah, he should have brought that tape to the cops with him when he went. I missed the part about him giving the photos to the media before the cops. Why would he do that?!

This topic was just covered in the Savanna Greywind (RIP) case. In order to get a warrant, there has to be the nexus of a crime. As far as I know this is still classified as a missing persons case. There is really nothing to say that she simply didn't walk away. There has been no blood, no ransom demand, no evidence found (that we know of, anyway) etc. It can be very frustrating, especially for those who do not believe in a million years that she would walk away, but that is the law, according to news reports with LE that I watched on the SG case.

I am not surprised that they are calling off the actual physical search, if they have nothing to go on. After this amount of time, with no real leads (again, that we know of) where do they search? Especially with the vast majority of their force tied up in the aftermath of a natural disaster. I haven't seen any news report that they did or did not find her phone, but I may have missed that. If they did, then they are investigating any leads that that may bring, and if not, well...they are waiting for some kind of information to come in, or for them to find, to lead them to a place to physically search. I have no doubt this doesn't mean they are shelving the case, just halting search parties. IMO.

I still can't shake the feeling that perhaps the text messages sent supposedly from her may have been from someone else. Namely the BF. When I read the mumbo jumbo about the phones, giving her one of his, etc. it left a bad taste in my mouth. I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but I can't shake the thought that he perhaps manipulated her phone somehow. It wouldn't be the first time a case has gone down that path. I think I suspect this for a few reasons.
1. People that know her personally have said that the texts did not reconcile with her style of writing/speaking. The "He's Dreamy" etc.
2. Now, this is just my gut feeling and opinion, but I think the whole 'he's so wonderful' series of texts sounds like him posing as her. To make himself sound SO great and her SO in love with him that nobody would expect any monkey business from him. It is a bit over the top, for a grown woman who seems level-headed and business-like in most other ways. It just seems teeny bopper-ish to me or perhaps the way a guy would think women talk about their boyfriends. Like I said, it is just a gut feeling and if I am wrong I'll own my error.
3. I don't want to personalize this but I'm sure I am not the only one who has been in a relationship with a clingy, can't do enough for you, wants to move too fast relationship. Mine was right after my divorce and although I appreciated this person tremendously, I had just gotten out of a disastrous marriage and wanted to keep things on a fun level but not wholly committed to someone else right away. You have this guy putting a billboard up for her, taking care of her phone problems, partaking in family vacation plans, etc. On one hand it can feel great, but there is a thin line between that and smothering. Yes, she said she was happier than ever, but still living with the ex, emotions can be tangled. Maybe, just maybe, she told the BF she loved having fun with him and appreciated his generosity but needed some space to figure out who SHE was independent of either man. If this guy is head over heels with her and as clingy as he makes me feel he is, then he could likely be distraught and perhaps disgruntled. I have been there. I ended up with a stalker, which colors my opinion I am sure, but I'm getting that vibe for some reason. ALL MY OPINION.
4. There are other niggling things that don't sit well here. The LE talking about how they needed the whole video right from his system, which leads me to think that perhaps they suspect the stills don't tell the whole story.
5. Inserting himself so deeply into this. Now that might be a non-issue and completely normal. But declaring his innocence at the same time, when there is no crime even known for him to be guilty of, hmmm.
6. Yes, I have probably read too many WS cases and watched too much ID. But, every case I watched or read about on here was real. These things happen. And I am not saying I think this guy is complicit in Crystal's disappearance, just that if we find out he was, I wouldn't be shocked.

This topic was just covered in the Savanna Greywind (RIP) case. In order to get a warrant, there has to be the nexus of a crime. As far as I know this is still classified as a missing persons case. There is really nothing to say that she simply didn't walk away. There has been no blood, no ransom demand, no evidence found (that we know of, anyway) etc. It can be very frustrating, especially for those who do not believe in a million years that she would walk away, but that is the law, according to news reports with LE that I watched on the SG case.

I am not surprised that they are calling off the actual physical search, if they have nothing to go on. After this amount of time, with no real leads (again, that we know of) where do they search? Especially with the vast majority of their force tied up in the aftermath of a natural disaster. I haven't seen any news report that they did or did not find her phone, but I may have missed that. If they did, then they are investigating any leads that that may bring, and if not, well...they are waiting for some kind of information to come in, or for them to find, to lead them to a place to physically search. I have no doubt this doesn't mean they are shelving the case, just halting search parties. IMO.

I still can't shake the feeling that perhaps the text messages sent supposedly from her may have been from someone else. Namely the BF. When I read the mumbo jumbo about the phones, giving her one of his, etc. it left a bad taste in my mouth. I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but I can't shake the thought that he perhaps manipulated her phone somehow. It wouldn't be the first time a case has gone down that path. I think I suspect this for a few reasons.
1. People that know her personally have said that the texts did not reconcile with her style of writing/speaking. The "He's Dreamy" etc.
2. Now, this is just my gut feeling and opinion, but I think the whole 'he's so wonderful' series of texts sounds like him posing as her. To make himself sound SO great and her SO in love with him that nobody would expect any monkey business from him. It is a bit over the top, for a grown woman who seems level-headed and business-like in most other ways. It just seems teeny bopper-ish to me or perhaps the way a guy would think women talk about their boyfriends. Like I said, it is just a gut feeling and if I am wrong I'll own my error.
3. I don't want to personalize this but I'm sure I am not the only one who has been in a relationship with a clingy, can't do enough for you, wants to move too fast relationship. Mine was right after my divorce and although I appreciated this person tremendously, I had just gotten out of a disastrous marriage and wanted to keep things on a fun level but not wholly committed to someone else right away. You have this guy putting a billboard up for her, taking care of her phone problems, partaking in family vacation plans, etc. On one hand it can feel great, but there is a thin line between that and smothering. Yes, she said she was happier than ever, but still living with the ex, emotions can be tangled. Maybe, just maybe, she told the BF she loved having fun with him and appreciated his generosity but needed some space to figure out who SHE was independent of either man. If this guy is head over heels with her and as clingy as he makes me feel he is, then he could likely be distraught and perhaps disgruntled. I have been there. I ended up with a stalker, which colors my opinion I am sure, but I'm getting that vibe for some reason. ALL MY OPINION.
4. There are other niggling things that don't sit well here. The LE talking about how they needed the whole video right from his system, which leads me to think that perhaps they suspect the stills don't tell the whole story.
5. Inserting himself so deeply into this. Now that might be a non-issue and completely normal. But declaring his innocence at the same time, when there is no crime even known for him to be guilty of, hmmm.
6. Yes, I have probably read too many WS cases and watched too much ID. But, every case I watched or read about on here was real. These things happen. And I am not saying I think this guy is complicit in Crystal's disappearance, just that if we find out he was, I wouldn't be shocked.
Well said. I agree with every word.

Are those bruises on her arm?
04476a821fc928ba1a7ef5d84fd92c32.jpg
A small bruise it seems.
I bruise easily at times, and have huge bruises show up overnight.
9ba0895be0312cd725e76a7d9f558982.jpg

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I was out all day and just catching up. I believe the comments about the stills were from the first interview. The same interview when the sheriff said the news seemed to have info that he didn't. Then the uncle said something like I have given you everything. Then yesterday (?) I think, in the interview with the BF, he said he turned over the full videos to the police of both the home and his store. As well as gave them his cell phone for them to take any info they needed from that. He also said they did not need a warrant, they could come search his places. I am sorry I don't have a link.

Totally agree!

Add the fact that he was the last person to see and text with her too.

When looking at real estate photos, you can tell when they are taken with a cell phone. The quality isn't very good. Also when you take a photo near a window the sunlight streams in and it looks like a yellow block and washes out the rest of the room. I think that is what happened with the surveillance camera when she was leaving. It just caught the brightest part of the room. Also if that billboard (or just a sign I guess it is) is very bright, the phone can capture the brightness of the sign and make the background look dark.

I was out all day and just catching up. I believe the comments about the stills were from the first interview. The same interview when the sheriff said the news seemed to have info that he didn't. Then the uncle said something like I have given you everything. Then yesterday (?) I think, in the interview with the BF, he said he turned over the full videos to the police of both the home and his store. As well as gave them his cell phone for them to take any info they needed from that. He also said they did not need a warrant, they could come search his places. I am sorry I don't have a link.
I'm not sure what interview you are talking about, but in the Banfield interview the sheriff said he had not been given the video. He only had the stills that BF handpicked to hand out.

Good point. If he hadn't seen her since before the night before, I'm not sure what he could add at this point.

It was something Crystal texted to a friend of hers. He shared the texts on Primetime Justice. I think it is in the show transcripts for the 31st.
Who supplied those texts? And if you know, who supplied the image of the texts between the ex and Crystal?

Yes, I do remember that! It was right around the same time he said his family was probably very surprised he hadn't lawyered up yet, but that he didn't think he needed to.

If he had something to do with Crystal's disappearance, he is one of those people who think they are quite charming and can convince anyone of anything.

Who supplied those texts? And if you know, who supplied the image of the texts between the ex and Crystal?
I don't remember the guy's name. It was some real estate person she knew online. He sent the texts to the show and talked to them about it on the phone. I never saw any texts between the ex and Crystal. That was something the uncle said the ex had told him. LE also seemed aware of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raquel222