Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dishwasher comment bugs me. It seems out of place. It also seems odd they would deliver it on the day of a big storm. Who's house was it delivered to? Hers, or the ex husband's? And how was the old one (if there was an old one) disposed of? Seems like a small person could fit inside a dishwasher, and no one would bat an eye at someone taking a dishwasher (wrapped in plastic possibly?) to the dump.
Woah. The dishwasher. That made me shiver a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Who supplied those texts? And if you know, who supplied the image of the texts between the ex and Crystal?

It was on the Banfield interview. The friend is Brad Bozeman. They aren't screenshots of texts just him verbalizing what was said.

Here is the transcript. This also has the interview with the boyfriend where he talks about giving videos and them downloading his phone, not needing a warrant, etc..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1708/31/ptab.01.html

I don't remember the guy's name. It was some real estate person she knew online. He sent the texts to the show and talked to them about it on the phone. I never saw any texts between the ex and Crystal. That was something the uncle said the ex had told him. LE also seemed aware of them.

I posted the transcript. Good remembering. I forgot that the ex-husband was apparently either not aware of the boyfriend or had very recently found out. If he also found out about the cruise his kids were to be going on, and he was already upset with her for not coming home the night before / not rushing home to see her daughter when he sent her the text (that to me was aimed at making her feel guilty) about wanting to see her before bed. Maybe he snapped.

This case is hard. I usually have a gut feeling about who I think did it when it's a missing woman. In this case it's two somebodies and then a huge hurricane. Maybe she just got stressed and left hoping for a few days alone. I would love for this to be the case.

It was on the Banfield interview. The friend is Brad Bozeman. They aren't screenshots of texts just him verbalizing what was said.

Here is the transcript. This also has the interview with the boyfriend where he talks about giving videos and them downloading his phone, not needing a warrant, etc..

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1708/31/ptab.01.html
He said "I have camera footage at my home." He did not say he gave it to them. The sheriff says they do not have the full video, only the stills.

Is that the moon in the upper left of the billboard pic. I'm still catching up so my apologies if this jas been discussed. I have to reply as I see the posts or I forget.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
It's a streetlight, if you zoom in you can see the pole.

It is slightly lighter in the upper left corner though. If someone with the google map can figure out what direction that would be, it could give indication as to the time of day.

Or it could just be city lights.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Just bringing this forward.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1ab.jpg
    1ab.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 417
He said "I have camera footage at my home." He did not say he gave it to them. The sheriff says they do not have the full video, only the stills.

Other clips have come out now that show the video footage from the boyfriends home, so apparently he had either given the footage to the sheriffs department and the sheriff wasn't aware of it, or he gave them the video footage not long after the HLN segment. http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-mom-of-2-vanished-as-texas-braced-for-storms

How did LE get the "stills"? That is what bugs me, if the BF gave those to LE rather than just hand over the whole system to LE at once as soon as he remembered he had cameras.

How did LE get the "stills"? That is what bugs me, if the BF gave those to LE rather than just hand over the whole system to LE at once as soon as he remembered he had cameras.
He picked stills from the video and sent them to her uncle and to media outlets and then to the police according to the interview on Primetime Justice.

PAUL HARGRAVE, CRYSTAL`S BOYFRIEND (via telephone): Well, firstly, I want to just say thank you very much for airing this again. It

means a lot to the family. It means a lot to me.

I don`t know if there`s much more I can tell you other than we`re just desperate to find her. I went up to the Chambers County Police Department

today (INAUDIBLE) I`m sure they were going to reach out to me at some point and time, but I wanted to streamline (ph) this information to get it

directly to investigators and detectives.

BANFIELD: So you interviewed with them? You interviewed with them today, Paul?

HARGRAVE: Yes, I did. I did. I wanted to -- I gave them my cell phone. I gave them access. They downloaded everything on my phone, pictures,

messages. I have camera footage at my home. I also have camera footage at my business.

I`m always under surveillance just because of the nature of my business. I am a target sometimes, and so I take security very highly. So I`ve given

them everything that I could possibly imagine. So I`m hoping that, you know, these will provide some clues to finding her.

It would be nice to know if they had gathered security footage from that area. There are so many businesses there. Surely she was caught on camera somewhere.

I posted the transcript. Good remembering. I forgot that the ex-husband was apparently either not aware of the boyfriend or had very recently found out. If he also found out about the cruise his kids were to be going on, and he was already upset with her for not coming home the night before / not rushing home to see her daughter when he sent her the text (that to me was aimed at making her feel guilty) about wanting to see her before bed. Maybe he snapped.

This case is hard. I usually have a gut feeling about who I think did it when it's a missing woman. In this case it's two somebodies and then a huge hurricane. Maybe she just got stressed and left hoping for a few days alone. I would love for this to be the case.

Does anyone get the feeling that he's just kind of like "check the videotape see I'm innocent see?" He also seems to have left some of his statements about the morning timeline very general and open. Leaving himself a general period of when they got up when she left, etc. so he's not held to a definite statement of time.

Right after he said his bit about not needing an attorney he talks about how he has given them everything and spent 3 hours there that day. He said, "I gave them my footage from my house, my store."

But the Sheriff says they will get with him in the morning for the videos so IDK. Maybe he mentioned getting it from the provider so they had a version they know wasn't edited. Clearly he took timestamps off his still shots so... All that said, I don't think the Sheriff was in the meeting with the detectives and him, so maybe he didn't know they had the footage?

You would think whoever had her car would drive it somewhere else in the Houston area. Houston is HUGE!

Or even drive it outside of houston.

Jmo

PAUL HARGRAVE, CRYSTAL`S BOYFRIEND (via telephone): Well, firstly, I want to just say thank you very much for airing this again. It

means a lot to the family. It means a lot to me.

I don`t know if there`s much more I can tell you other than we`re just desperate to find her. I went up to the Chambers County Police Department

today (INAUDIBLE) I`m sure they were going to reach out to me at some point and time, but I wanted to streamline (ph) this information to get it

directly to investigators and detectives.

BANFIELD: So you interviewed with them? You interviewed with them today, Paul?

HARGRAVE: Yes, I did. I did. I wanted to -- I gave them my cell phone. I gave them access. They downloaded everything on my phone, pictures,

messages. I have camera footage at my home. I also have camera footage at my business.

I`m always under surveillance just because of the nature of my business. I am a target sometimes, and so I take security very highly. So I`ve given

them everything that I could possibly imagine. So I`m hoping that, you know, these will provide some clues to finding her.

Here he is just explaining he has footage of his home and WHY he has so many cameras in his house. But then he says right there, "So I've given them everything that I could possibly imagine."

This, paired with the fact that later in his segment he says he gave them the footage of his house and shop, makes me believe he gave it to them. Let's hope they find it useful.

It's possible that she pulled over at the motel for some reason. Maybe to call someone or buy a newspaper...whatever. Then someone grabbed her.

It's possible that she pulled over at the motel for some reason. Maybe to call someone or buy a newspaper...whatever. Then someone grabbed her.

Was there any place nearby the motel that was somewhere she might park and walk to? Like a park or walking trail? I live where there are walking trails all over the place. They are right in the middle of the city but some are quite secluded with all the trees we have around. Maybe she needed to take a few minutes for herself and went for a quick walk and was snatched.

Does BF own the jewelry business or does he just work there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raquel222