Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The factory reset on her computer is quite bothersome to me.

Agreed. And the computer was in the family (Crystal/ex-husband) home so we can only assume who had access to it.

The lack of MSM coverage of this case is especially frustrating. I know that every news outlet has it's focus on Harvey, but it really hinder what we are allowed to post here. Almost all information at this point is coming from SM and that really limits putting our heads together and trying to work out what happened.

Where are you Crystal???

The arrested couple who took the Mercedes to the motel, and the factory reset of her computer seem to me to be unrelated. Strange.

Also the "taking the children to Dallas" text, without informing Jeff with whom she is so close concerns me.

The arrested couple who took the Mercedes to the motel, and the factory reset of her computer seem to me to be unrelated. Strange.

Also the "taking the children to Dallas" text, without informing Jeff with whom she is so close concerns me.

Normally I would agree, but I am sure it was a last minute decision and maybe she just hadn't informed him YET. It was obvious, by her scheduled showing, walk through, and closing that she wasn't planning to evacuate, but it is entirely possible she saw the storm was worse than what had previously been predicted so she made the decision to leave very quickly.

Wonder if they pinged her phone or if google has her last locations?

Interestingly enough it's not the ex that sounds the alarm. It's her uncle who thinks something is off when he can't find her and doesn't like the ex explanation.

How is this on Dateline already? She's only been missing a few days. Not that it's a bad thing, just surprising. Wish they could get PaPaw on there.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

According to NBC News, Crystal Seratte McDowell has not been seen or heard from since Friday. Her last contact was a text message to her uncle Jeff, who is a father figure to the 38-year-old woman who lost her parents as a child.

<snipped> http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/08/...still-missing-police-search-ex-husbands-home/

So sad to think what her children are going through. :(

This has shades of the Karen Swift disappearance, hopefully with a better outcome.

How is this on Dateline already? She's only been missing a few days. Not that it's a bad thing, just surprising. Wish they could get PaPaw on there.

Dateline profiles missing people on their facebook page, that is why Crystal and countless others are being featured.

Dateline profiles missing people on their facebook page, that is why Crystal and countless others are being featured.
Oh I didn't realize that. Great service they're providing!

According to NBC News, Crystal Seratte McDowell has not been seen or heard from since Friday. Her last contact was a text message to her uncle Jeff, who is a father figure to the 38-year-old woman who lost her parents as a child.

BBM: But do we know that SHE is the one who texted him?

The factory reset on her computer is quite bothersome to me.

[FONT=&amp]I wonder if that computer is being looked at by the cyber forensics team? I know they have a lot going on with the storm, but certainly I imagine they see that as a red flag and will investigate?

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Responding officers searched the home but reportedly found nothing of significance. Officials were able to salvage files on her computer, thought to have been destroyed, because of a factory reset, Jeff told Dateline. Authorities have not shared what information, if any, they have found in them."[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]&#8220;She had canceled a different appointment that morning because that closing couldn&#8217;t happen till the next week, [/FONT]but we aren&#8217;t sure if she made the other two appointments that day[FONT=&amp],&#8221; Jeff said. &#8220;We haven&#8217;t been able to see the files on her computer, so we don&#8217;t know who she was going to be with.&#8221;

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Has this been cleared up?

[/FONT]
LINK

Makes no sense that no one knows who these other two appts are with....doesn't she use the company systems and Calendar? How do they know they existed?

Her FB realtor page is still open and there are some comments on there regarding the Friday morning timeline.

The Mercedes....I wonder if any of her belongings were found in it...purse, phone, calendar etc....
No updates from LE at all. They have to know, plus these two who were with the car are being questioned.Guess we have to wait and hope for the best. Her poor kids and uncle :(

[FONT=&amp]I wonder if that computer is being looked at by the cyber forensics team? I know they have a lot going on with the storm, but certainly I imagine they see that as a red flag and will investigate? [/FONT]
Police reportedly searched the home and found nothing of significance, but they were able to salvage some computer files that had been erased by a factory reset.

<snipped> http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/08/...still-missing-police-search-ex-husbands-home/

[FONT=&amp]&#8220;She had canceled a different appointment that morning because that closing couldn&#8217;t happen till the next week, [/FONT]but we aren&#8217;t sure if she made the other two appointments that day[FONT=&amp],&#8221; Jeff said. &#8220;We haven&#8217;t been able to see the files on her computer, so we don&#8217;t know who she was going to be with.&#8221;

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Has this been cleared up?

[/FONT]
LINK
In the same link, her employer has been unable to access her work computer. I hope the FBI look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova