Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everything he has done is odd. Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but I feel like he's eating up this media attention and his interviews are more about him being innocent and helpful to police and such a good boyfriend than about finding Crystal. He really doesn't seem that upset about it IMO. I mean her uncle is obviously beside himself with worry and bf is like 'Oh, yeah, I gave her a phone. I gave her a computer. I took her to dinner. I put her on my billboard." It's all odd.

Exactly!

Is it weird to anyone else that the BF has cameras inside his house? And then he's like "oh. I have video of her from the day she went missing but I'm only going to give you stills because it's not important and they don't show anything." Isn't that odd? Is it just me?

I read that he is a jeweler. I'm sure he takes some of his work home with him. We have cameras inside that point outside. I can rotate them to look inside the house and hear what's going on when I'm not there. We also have an app to view while away. Still photos on the app are much easier to send to someone than video. I have to download the video footage and a lot of times it's to large to send by text or email. It has to be transferred by cloud storage or a flash drive. We can't change the date or time without deleting the current footage stored. I tired this because the time is different at our lake house.

At 7:19 in the first video, she is shown in a black dress

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwNvWxHZAze_ckt1OFdPZWpnVWc

That's a later time than previously thought..in regards to what time she actually left the BF's house. I am also confused about the dress. Footage shows her in black and also in pink/purple. Someone mentioned the black could have been a coat, but two things here: it's August, why a long coat? And also, of it wa a coat and she removed it (revealing the pink/purple dress) why do we not see her in footage carrying it in her arms?

Notice how the boyfriend texts her around 1:00pm and does not send another text until amost 9?

And he responds with text me if you can instead of when you can.

Like he already knows she can't respond.

Jmo

The only reason I can think he said "if" is maybe if she was around her ex husband she wouldn't be able to text him

I don't find it odd. He didn't volunteer that information, he was specifically asked for it.

How exactly would you provide video to LE? Do security cameras have programs that allow you to copy a one hour segment (from the time she woke up to the time she left) and then forward it to various people?
I think it's much easier to print stills.

Also, the fact that the stills show her leaving the house then driving away pretty much tell the story.

The only thing they really have to determine is whether or not he tampered with the time/date stamp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

She wasn't there at 7:19 supposedly.

The private investigator lists the last time seen as 7:03.

The black dress picture doesn't seem like it's from that day.

I want to see footage of her actually physically leaving BF's house and getting into her car ans driving off.

Surely he has cameras outside of his house.

The security footage auto saves. You can forward a video and then they can watch the relevant parts. You don't have to edit it, send the whole thing.

Can send via email or burn it to a disc.

I'm still concerned about why EX never sent any follow up texts to her about why she didn't show up to get the kids. That is bizarre to me cuz according to the story, he would have been waiting around for her all day. Never a "where are you?" "What's taking so long?" "Are you okay?" Nothing. With a hurricane on its way. And then texts instead to tell her the dishwasher arrived? IMO

But then now you have BF talking about her in the past tense. That's weird, too. And to police, a statement like that is telling.

This bothers me immensely. Even if he was calling her (we don't know), most people would be calling and texting repeatedly. Then to just randomly drop in the comment about the dishwasher? What??

My ex hates me with the fire of 10,000 suns, but I promise you that if I was a no-show picking up our daughter he would immediately call the police.

I don't find it odd. He didn't volunteer that information, he was specifically asked for it.

How exactly would you provide video to LE? Do security cameras have programs that allow you to copy a one hour segment (from the time she woke up to the time she left) and then forward it to various people?
I think it's much easier to print stills.

Also, the fact that the stills show her leaving the house then driving away pretty much tell the story.

The only thing they really have to determine is whether or not he tampered with the time/date stamp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We do not know if she drove away.
She was last seen in a black dress.

The stills he provided were of her wearing a light purple dress.

That's a later time than previously thought..in regards to what time she actually left the BF's house. I am also confused about the dress. Footage shows her in black and also in pink/purple. Someone mentioned the black could have been a coat, but two things here: it's August, why a long coat? And also, of it wa a coat and she removed it (revealing the pink/purple dress) why do we not see her in footage carrying it in her arms?

That is just the time on the video clip that you can see the photo, not the time of the morning in question.

I feel like those two outfits were different days. The bags don't even seem the same to me. His camera quality looks like crap for someone who is so security focused.

We do not know if she drove away.
She was last seen in a black dress.

The stills he provided were of her wearing a light purple dress.

There are both dresses in the footage from the show. Keep watching a few seconds past her wearing the black dress. Different outfit, seemingly different bag (but that could be my crappy eyes and his crappy cameras).

She wasn't there at 7:19 supposedly.

The private investigator lists the last time seen as 7:03.

The black dress picture doesn't seem like it's from that day.

Guys. The 7:19 referenced is the time the photos show up on the show videos from that google drive link. Has nothing to do with where she was at any given time.

It is odd to me too.

And I question why he went to the media first instead of LE and then he only provided them with stills instead of the whole video.

Jmo

In the uncle's interview, he basically says they contacted them, but did not feel they were doing enough. So they started pushing it on SM which is where I saw it. Then I saw them get a ton of suggestions to go to the media and people were posting it on HLN, Nancy Grace, local news, etc... FB pages.

My thoughts are they did go to the police first, but were getting desperate so they went to the media.

Also, I have seen video clips on other news shows, so I'm thinking he eventually downloaded video instead of stills. I highly doubt he sent video just to media without also sending to police.

d081f711d600738cf1072023f2f7be74.jpg

This says she was last seen in a light pink/purple dress. Has that changed now? Is the bf the one who told them what she was wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notice how the boyfriend texts her around 1:00pm and does not send another text until amost 9?

And he responds with text me if you can instead of when you can.

Like he already knows she can't respond.

Jmo

To be fair we don't know what their texting habits were. If they normally texted all day every day, I would be concerned. But I don't text my boyfriend all day. Most people don't text their spouses all day. I don't think that is concerning on its own, but again, it depends on how frequently they normally were texting.

Is it weird to anyone else that the BF has cameras inside his house? And then he's like "oh. I have video of her from the day she went missing but I'm only going to give you stills because it's not important and they don't show anything." Isn't that odd? Is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did he say that?

In the uncle's interview, he basically says they contacted them, but did not feel they were doing enough. So they started pushing it on SM which is where I saw it. Then I saw them get a ton of suggestions to go to the media and people were posting it on HLN, Nancy Grace, local news, etc... FB pages.

My thoughts are they did go to the police first, but were getting desperate so they went to the media.

Also, I have seen video clips on other news shows, so I'm thinking he eventually downloaded video instead of stills. I highly doubt he sent video just to media without also sending to police.

He allegedly gave the video footage to the police several days ago. Listen back or read the transcript from Banfield's interview with him for specifics. The guy is weird but idk if he is involved or not. I'm torn on both guys. I hate this case and I hate not having a strong gut. I hope Crystal comes home soon.

This is from the text timeline:

7:25 am
1) Crystal texts boyfriend and tells him there is no rain and that she may be taking them out today (assuming she is talking about the kids)
2) Crystal sends a pic of her billboard located over this Jewelry business. And tells him "he is sweet <3"
3) Boyfriend responds "I love you and will always support you"
***text shows as read by Crystal.

I have some questions concerning these texts.

From her response to the billboard it sounds like he is the one who paid for the billboard to be erected since she replies 'he is sweet'. As if he is sweet for putting the billboard up. Just speculation on my part of course.

I find it odd that she read this text but did not respond even with a emoji 3) Boyfriend responds "I love you and will always support you"
***text shows as read by Crystal.. . If she also loved him wouldnt she reply she did? Every time my husband texts or calls me telling me he loves me I always in turn text or tell him the same right after he does.

All of this sounds overly obsessive to me. Did she get cold feet and thought the relationship was going too fast on the b/fs part?

IMO
Those are my thoughts as well. He appears to be overly obsessed with her and smotherly (my word here), that, to me anyway, suggests that he would have a real problem with her living with Ex.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I think everything he has done is odd. Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but I feel like he's eating up this media attention and his interviews are more about him being innocent and helpful to police and such a good boyfriend than about finding Crystal. He really doesn't seem that upset about it IMO. I mean her uncle is obviously beside himself with worry and bf is like 'Oh, yeah, I gave her a phone. I gave her a computer. I took her to dinner. I put her on my billboard." It's all odd.
Yep, and don't forget he was going on a cruise with her as well as planned on taking her with him to Europe. Looks like he had her life all planned out.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member