Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we speculate? What's everyone's take on this? Random car jacking? Abduction? Someone that knew her from her job? Someone who knew where she would be?

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending.

How did the man and woman gain access to her car?

Just so many questions and so few answers. Jmo.

Search Crystal McDowell Realtor on FB and it will come up. Sorry I'm on a new phone and unable to link.

Can we speculate? What's everyone's take on this? Random car jacking? Abduction? Someone that knew her from her job? Someone who knew where she would be?

Right now, the ex husband is at the bottom of my list.

The 2 ppl they arrested is interesting.

Maybe former clients etc.

I'm not sure what might have happened.

Jmo

Were her children in school when she went missing or were they home? Did she normally stay home with them (ETA: whenever they weren't at school)?

I was on the path of person meeting her at appt until the factory reset computer reared its head at the house shared with ex. Couple that with uncles distrust of ex story and calling police and her post of happiness 2 days before she goes missing and I'm leaning towards ex involvement.

where are the comments? which date should we look under? August 13th?

Her FB realtor page is still open and there are some comments on there regarding the Friday morning timeline.

where are the comments? which date should we look under? August 13th?
Under the "Stay safe" post. Gentleman with initials KH. Seems he was the last to hear from her but it was via text message.

This is horrifying. Sounds like there might be a terrible outcome...hoping for good news somehow.

wow, her last post the day before she went missing is eerie
I'm sure it's been mentioned a few times already but I'm just new to this case and reading now
It's only ominous in the context of her disappearing. It was apropos in the context of Hurricane Harvey. I think someone took advantage of the chaos surrounding the storms.

I'm not liking all the texting Friday morning. We know that she spoke with her uncle early in the morning- exact time unknown. But after that it was only text. Seems to me a realtor would actually pick up the phone and speak to a client or inform the uncle that she worked with if there was a change to her plans. Texting not a good sign. I wonder how old her kids are and if they are able to shed light on things?

I'm not liking all the texting Friday morning. We know that she spoke with her uncle early in the morning- exact time unknown. But after that it was only text. Seems to me a realtor would actually pick up the phone and speak to a client or inform the uncle that she worked with if there was a change to her plans. Texting not a good sign. I wonder how old her kids are and if they are able to shed light on things?
ITA. I usually find texting suspect when it was the last communication from someone gone missing. Anyone can pose as the victim of foul play when texting.

Regarding the home computer being reset to factory settings....the only reason I can think that someone would want to attempt to permanently delete files is if they had used the same computer for nefarious purposes. Was something premeditated in the days prior?

Given the reset computer.....I'm now wondering if the Mercedes being taken by some couple could have been a set up. Leave the Mercedes in a seedy area, unlocked and with the keys inside. Somebody steals it, and then it looks as though she was carjacked.

I dunno, it's just weird...

Given the reset computer.....I'm now wondering if the Mercedes being taken by some couple could have been a set up. Leave the Mercedes in a seedy area, unlocked and with the keys inside. Somebody steals it, and then it looks as though she was carjacked.

I dunno, it's just weird...

The factory reset on the computer changes things. It would be easy to leave that car in a neighborhood and have it "disappear". Everyone was distracted by the storm, would be a good time to commit a premeditated crime. Law enforcement would be distracted for days.

There have been a few carjackings in Baytown recently, nothing lethal. Car pulls up at light next to vehicle, guy jumps out with gun, etc.. the ones I have heard of have been caught fairly quickly though. They have been known to fire their guns but they don't get away for long. They also like to pin vehicles. Two cars, still getting caught though. Those are after dark, morning and daytimes are safe.

There was a guy driving around during the day outside Crosby between Dayton in red truck trying to abduct people. He went after a woman jogging who was carrying a concealed and took off and tried to grab a kid as he was walking to the neighbors. They got good look at him and the truck down to the black ice air freshener hanging from his mirror. Not sure if they caught him or if he changed areas or knowing this place he may have just disappeared.

I don't know what to think. I know I've never felt threatened in my neck of the woods, aware but not scared. Even during the man hunts and I'm trapped in traffic in Barrett with police dogs and helicopters. Day light hours are pretty safe. This just doesn't feel like an outside job.

I think the ex had something to do with it.
Or she took off and reset the computer herself. However I doubt it.
All moo!

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I think the ex had something to do with it.
Or she took off and reset the computer herself. However I doubt it.
All moo!

Didn't the ex have the kids at the time? Was he with them? How old are they?

I doubt too she took off. She was doing really well according to the uncle. By all appearances (her FB pages) she had a lot of friends.

I hope there is some explanation and that she is safe.

Didn't the ex have the kids at the time? Was he with them? How old are they?

I doubt too she took off. She was doing really well according to the uncle. By all appearances (her FB pages) she had a lot of friends.

I hope there is some explanation and that she is safe.
It appears that he did have the kids. I didn't get to see her fb, so not sure their age. However it appears at least school age...so 6 or 7. They can be flopped in front of a TV or video game.

All moo and my over reactive imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members