TX TX - Danielle Sleeper, 32, Magnolia, 22 March 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The searches that were trying to be coordinated by friends with volunteers for this weekend have had to be called off because of heavy rainfall. I feel so sorry for the family who I am sure feel so helpless. There is a huge local community following this story and just hoping and praying that they get some news. Magnolia is a relatively small town but the area surrounding it is very large. Danielle's neighborhood is in a fairly populated area compared to how rural a lot of the other area surrounding Magnolia is. There is a lot of land between the location of the party and their home, and with what appears to be a 24 + hour span of time before her sister and mother began to question where she was, that adds more questions than answers for me. I am sure if people like me feel there are only questions and NO answers her family have to be hurting so badly.

You are absolutely correct. Her family is devastated and wants her home. There is a REWARD being offered!!!

Do you know if Danielle had been depressed? Did her friends think she was drunk when she left the party? I read that her friend texted her around 2 in the morning after the party. Do you know why the friend texted her (maybe the friend was concerned that she was upset)?

I think it is very sad that Danielle's husband isn't making any public pleas for her to return. He is so quiet for a man whose wife and mother of his child is missing.

i have hesitated to post this because it is heresay and I know that her family have deleted any posts relating to this subject on the FB pages for Finding Danielle. While I want to support them 100% in their efforts to find their daughter/sister, their only reasoning for deleting this as far as I can tell is that they do not want "drama" on the pages relating to bringing Danielle home. I understand and totally sympathize with their dilemma but I also didn't see anything directly from them denying it specifically. There was/is definite hurt involved in this for Danielle's family when this was posted so I post with the caveat that I have no personal information to know if it is true or not and the last thing I want to do is cause them any further hurt. Take it for what it's worth as something on social media that I can no longer link to because it has been deleted that may or may not be truthful.

There was a claim by Danielle's ex-husband in a post on FB last Monday night (that has subsequently been deleted by her family/admin) that he has had sole custody of their two children since July due to "pretty severe physical abuse" while in her home and that "she herself did not abuse them".

This was a game changer for me because it is the ONLY information we have received about the situation in the marriage and her husband. 1. It links to things that are being posted by her family that she would never walk out on her children or family. 2. It links to a comment by her Dad the day after she went missing about her leaving if she was scared. 3. It links to the inconsistent story from her husband about why and where he was on the Sunday. 4. It links to the "vibe" that her family are scared for her welfare.

Sadly it changes nothing in that she is still missing, there are no leads that we are aware of, and that her Mom and sister are still heartbroken over no knowing what is going on. It also leaves both theories still possible. 1. Scared and left while he was gone; or 2. Met with foul play. My personal opinion is that after 4 weeks she would have contacted her Mom or sister if it was 1.

i have hesitated to post this because it is heresay and I know that her family have deleted any posts relating to this subject on the FB pages for Finding Danielle. While I want to support them 100% in their efforts to find their daughter/sister, their only reasoning for deleting this as far as I can tell is that they do not want "drama" on the pages relating to bringing Danielle home. I understand and totally sympathize with their dilemma but I also didn't see anything directly from them denying it specifically. There was/is definite hurt involved in this for Danielle's family when this was posted so I post with the caveat that I have no personal information to know if it is true or not and the last thing I want to do is cause them any further hurt. Take it for what it's worth as something on social media that I can no longer link to because it has been deleted that may or may not be truthful.

There was a claim by Danielle's ex-husband in a post on FB last Monday night (that has subsequently been deleted by her family/admin) that he has had sole custody of their two children since July due to "pretty severe physical abuse" while in her home and that "she herself did not abuse them".

This was a game changer for me because it is the ONLY information we have received about the situation in the marriage and her husband. 1. It links to things that are being posted by her family that she would never walk out on her children or family. 2. It links to a comment by her Dad the day after she went missing about her leaving if she was scared. 3. It links to the inconsistent story from her husband about why and where he was on the Sunday. 4. It links to the "vibe" that her family are scared for her welfare.

Sadly it changes nothing in that she is still missing, there are no leads that we are aware of, and that her Mom and sister are still heartbroken over no knowing what is going on. It also leaves both theories still possible. 1. Scared and left while he was gone; or 2. Met with foul play. My personal opinion is that after 4 weeks she would have contacted her Mom or sister if it was 1.
Very sad, I also saw this posted...

Very sad, I also saw this posted...

There was horrible drama/gossip/accusations involved in the comments on the FB post. it was up to over 435 comments when it was deleted. Obviously none of that will help find her, and none of the drama is relative to the search or leads to any new clues and I understand it all being removed. I hesitated to post it but I don't think any of the mudslingers are on this site. It still leads to more questions than answers.

I know how much this plays on MY mind. As a I drive around I am constantly looking to see if I can see anything that looks out of place. Where is that purse and all it's contents? Am I driving past an area that has tire tracks that I haven't seen before? Which creeks will actually have moving water when they are flooding? I don't even know Danielle and I think about her constantly as I go about my day. What does that tell me about what her family are going through? I can't even fathom it.

The new info is devastating. I feel horrible for her family and the quiet husband rubs me the wrong way. Are custody records public?

The area has had a ton of rain off and on in the past month.

The fact that she had her purse on her could mean she skipped out, but how many times does that happen in these situations? IF the older two were abused, the youngest likely was too. Danielle knew her older two were safe with the ex, but would a mother leave the youngest in harm's way with husband #2?

Apologies but can someone tell me the husband's official story?

- arrive from party at 1 am in HIS vehicle
- HE leaves to pickup HER car midday Sunday w/ a ride from a friend & Danielle is on the couch
- he comes back w/ her car and there's no Danielle & purse is missing

Is the above correct?

If somebody hurt her, I hope his conscience is eating him up and he does the right thing. If he's a good person, he won't be able to live with it.

There was horrible drama/gossip/accusations involved in the comments on the FB post. it was up to over 435 comments when it was deleted. Obviously none of that will help find her, and none of the drama is relative to the search or leads to any new clues and I understand it all being removed. I hesitated to post it but I don't think any of the mudslingers are on this site. It still leads to more questions than answers.

I know how much this plays on MY mind. As a I drive around I am constantly looking to see if I can see anything that looks out of place. Where is that purse and all it's contents? Am I driving past an area that has tire tracks that I haven't seen before? Which creeks will actually have moving water when they are flooding? I don't even know Danielle and I think about her constantly as I go about my day. What does that tell me about what her family are going through? I can't even fathom it.
The FOCUS is on finding Danielle and the posts were NOT serving any purpose but having people argue over opinions. Lets find Danielle and bring her home to her family.

On the TexasEquaSearch webpage it states that they stopped the ground search on 3/29 as they continue to gather information. Has TES been asked by the family to help search again?
I have a whole bunch of questions I want to ask but can't due to TOS. Praying that Danielle is found and those who are responsible are brought to justice.

I tried to make a time line from the information we have so far. Please add information and make corrections if this is wrong.

Sunday, March 22

1:00 A.M. Leaves Party with husband Austin and 3 yr old son in his White Ford pick-up. Party was at Leaning Oaks Trailer Park, on Bowler Road and FM 1488, in Fields Store, Texas. [13 mile drive to get home to Turtle Dove Lane] [She was wearing a black shirt, dark jeans, a cammo jacket with pink trim and a black belt with a silver buckle.]

2:30 A.M. Her friend texts her, no text back. [Her phone has been off since Sunday]

Austin and son are picked up at their home by a friend to retrieve Danielle’s car, Danielle is asleep on the couch in gray sweatpants and t-shirt.

Austin drives her vehicle home and leaves in his white Ford pickup to go to work with the son. She is gone. [According to comment in Daily Mail]

3:30 P.M. Austin gets home from work with son and she is still gone [Her purse and cell phone are gone] and her truck is still in the driveway.

Monday, March 23

Danielle's parents & sister went to their house Monday, after repeat calls on Sunday & Monday were not returned.

Danielle's family and Austin call police and file a missing person report.

Austin's mom came and took Austin’s son back to Louisiana with her.

I tried to make a time line from the information we have so far. Please add information and make corrections if this is wrong.

Sunday, March 22

1:00 A.M. Leaves Party with husband Austin and 3 yr old son in his White Ford pick-up. Party was at Leaning Oaks Trailer Park, on Bowler Road and FM 1488, in Fields Store, Texas. [13 mile drive to get home to Turtle Dove Lane] [She was wearing a black shirt, dark jeans, a cammo jacket with pink trim and a black belt with a silver buckle.]

2:30 A.M. Her friend texts her, no text back. [Her phone has been off since Sunday]

Austin and son are picked up at their home by a friend to retrieve Danielle’s car, Danielle is asleep on the couch in gray sweatpants and t-shirt.

Austin drives her vehicle home and leaves in his white Ford pickup to go to work with the son. She is gone. [According to comment in Daily Mail]

3:30 P.M. Austin gets home from work with son and she is still gone [Her purse and cell phone are gone] and her truck is still in the driveway.

Monday, March 23

Danielle's parents & sister went to their house Monday, after repeat calls on Sunday & Monday were not returned.

Danielle's family and Austin call police and file a missing person report.

Austin's mom came and took Austin’s son back to Louisiana with her.

Excellent work. Thank you.

Makes no sense to me why husband would need a friend to take him and his son back to the party location to retrieve her car. You would think you'd wake the wife and ask her to drive with you. If she was so tired that she couldn't wake up off the couch to make the drive, how was she suddenly awake enough to leave home while husband was getting her car??

And, if she wasn't awake enough to leave him but instead an intruder took her, why didn't husband call the police right away? Why wait for his mother-in-law to show up the next day looking for Danielle?

Makes no sense.

I don't think she ever made it home from the party. So sorry to say that.

JMO.

IF she did not make it home, did the kid see what transpired? This story we have from the husband makes no sense. I hope LE are coming down hard on him and his family in the event they have info they are not sharing.

This case makes me sick and I agree I think Danielle is gone. Heartbreaking.

Is it known if the friend who supposedly picked-up the husband and son to retrieve Danielle's car corroborated his story?
Is it known if the 3 year old confirmed that mommy was asleep on the couch when they left?

IF she did not make it home, did the kid see what transpired? This story we have from the husband makes no sense. I hope LE are coming down hard on him and his family in the event they have info they are not sharing.

This case makes me sick and I agree I think Danielle is gone. Heartbreaking.
I think baby boy was sound asleep in his car seat.

When my oldest daughter was around 2 or 3, I totaled a Nissan Sentra with her in the back seat at around midnight. She didn't wake up until the State Trooper unbuckled her. Then she kinda freaked, but she did sleep through the whole accident which involved three different jolts.

I am so sorry, but this case just sounds tooooooo familiar. :(

I do NOT have a good feeling about how this will end. I do hope that they have checked in to the location of her phone and the location of husbands phone during the night after the party.

I came from a certain place. Someone there told me he buys the same stuff every time and never engages in conversation. Locals here know that we ALL talk to each other, especially at certain places and to people at that location.

I've cleared our land, but it is tough driving around. I want to watch the vultures but deer and roadkill are rampant here.

I haven't forgotten you, Danielle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back