Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Missie-
Happy wknd.! How is your new job...since it is Sunday, that means you get paid more, right? :)

I was just on Deanna's myspace page, and I wanted to compliment you again on your choice of songs...I know that most recent one, "Alyssa Lies," and it brought tears to my eyes (once again!) when I was re-reading the info. on Deanna and hearing that song in the background. It is so sad, really. What I mean by "compliment" is that you know how to nail the emotions and put them into a format that others can share with you. I told you before how I communicate (and decompress) with music a LOT, and it seems you do as well.
Thank you for letting us in to what is such a sensitive and private turmoil your family is going through.

warmly,

Thank you Sloane-I haven't had much time to update her page lately. Really, I? haven't had much time for anything. If I'm not working I'm taking care of the household stuff-or spending as much time as possible with my kids and husband. My "part-time" job is more like 34 hours a week-I thought it would be 20-25, but we want the money to put up a fence and make it a good Christmas for the kids (they got jipped last year,lol)

I am sure Xmas is going to be great, Missie! (Buy American tho!! I hear the Chinese are trying to do us in! LOL)

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. Sounds like work is keeping you busier than planned! It is good for you! You sound so perky!

Hugs~ SS~

Thank you very much for the compliment Sloane-you are too kind. Sometimes I get SO frustrated and impatient-but I remind myself that it has been 17 years already so I shouldn't expect an answer over night!

SadieMae, how long have you been there? It has REALLY boomed there in the past ten years, I've been gone for 8.
Yes it has since I got here in '93. 2410 was probably still a 2 lane country road when you were here...now it's 5 lanes and subdivisions all down the road from the hwy to Stillhouse Lk road. There is also a Walgreens that just opened behind the 3 story bank building, which was the only thing there at one time...oh and the Harker Heights Walmart is next door to that building on the access road. You probably wouldn't recognize Stan Schleuter...new gas stations, pizza places, fast food, strip malls now. When I moved this way, there was only MIckey's & Dairy Queen...and it goes on all the way down to Clear Creek Rd with new subdivisions and stuff. I want to move the traffic is terrible!!!

I think Reese has been with KPD since at before '97 when I first met him. A lot of the new officers are former military...they loose a lot of officers because the pay sucks!! Not sure what it is now...but a few years ago a new officer started out at $22K/year. I have heard recruitment ads for new officers for "up to" $31K/year. That's not enough money for me to possibly get my butt shot at or put up with all the BS on the streets!! :D

It's been VERY quiet lately. I had some sciatic nerve problems which laid me up last week. I'm going to email Sgt.Davis and ask for an update..

I got an email from Sgt. Davis. He has been talking to our Stepdad and her DNA has been ran through the databases-no matches though. He is doing a lot more, but can't really talk about it.

I got an email from Sgt. Davis. He has been talking to our Stepdad and her DNA has been ran through the databases-no matches though. He is doing a lot more, but can't really talk about it.

That is GOOD! That means there is a better chance that she is not UID. However, she still could be if her remains haven't been found, OR, her remains recovered but ME not doing DNA.

But, this is better than not, IMO. Better than HIT.

Thanks for the updates, you are continually in my thoughts and you know where I am if you need anything.

Thank you Christine. I too am kind of happy that there were no matches, but it is kind of frustrating at the same time, if that makes any sense..

It's been VERY quiet lately. I had some sciatic nerve problems which laid me up last week. I'm going to email Sgt.Davis and ask for an update..

Missie! I have a quick relief for that sciatic nerve thing. It is a passive exercise but helps me a lot. Just lie down on the floor and put your legs, calves touching on the seat of a chair. Put the chair very near the back of your thighs and have your thighs as straight in the air as possible. This flattens the back, opens the muscles that the sciatic nerve goes through and often gives immediate relief!
Still searching for Deanna. Still showcasing her here
http://porchlightusamissing.1colony.com/index.html

((hugs)) to you

Thank you Monkalup. Luck for me the sciatic nerve problem was just the beggining:rolleyes: they took an x-ray while I was there because I had hip surgery when I was 15 and they wanted to make sure that wasn't the cause of the problem. It wasn't but they were able to explain why my hip hurts everyday (it hurts like heck all the time-but I assumed it was from surgery) turns out I have degenerative joint disease in my hip. See there...THAT is why I don't go to doctors.

So-not too much is going on with Deanna's case this week-but considering the excellant update Sgt. Davis gave me last week-i'm not complaining.

Hi Missie:blowkiss:. I hope you are fairing well through this challenging time, friend.

Thanks Gina! You are so dedicated and loyal--we need more people like you in this world:blowkiss:.

Lion

Lionrun - I was very sorry to hear about your mother. Lots of peace and hugs to you.

Missie - I continue to read here and pray for Deanna. Peace to you also and I hope you are feeling better.

Salem

Lionrun - I was very sorry to hear about your mother. Lots of peace and hugs to you.

Missie - I continue to read here and pray for Deanna. Peace to you also and I hope you are feeling better.

Salem

Thank you Salem:blowkiss:.

Lion

I don't believe this has been posted yet. Deanna on the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse website:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/25/20074:21:50PM'

Woo Hoo!

She is listed on NCMEC!

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...TXCH&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

She must have just been listed there, because I swear I searched just a day or two ago :D

Hope you are doing okay Missie :)

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Yeah this was all just put on, because I check almost every day!! My only problem-the freakin tattoos they have listed on her!!! She didn't have tattoos! Why on earth would they put that on there? Sorry I haven't been updating much, lots of things going on in my personal life.

ETA: oh this has made my WHOLE day,maybe my whole week!! I'm so excited!!!! I emailed Sgt. Davis about the tattoos asking if this is info he had uncovered somehow because the tattoos are so specific, including our last name so I dont think it could have been put in there by mistake.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Yeah this was all just put on, because I check almost every day!! My only problem-the freakin tattoos they have listed on her!!! She didn't have tattoos! Why on earth would they put that on there? Sorry I haven't been updating much, lots of things going on in my personal life.

ETA: oh this has made my WHOLE day,maybe my whole week!! I'm so excited!!!! I emailed Sgt. Davis about the tattoos asking if this is info he had uncovered somehow because the tattoos are so specific, including our last name so I dont think it could have been put in there by mistake.

This is great about the listing. The thing about the Tatoos is weird. I mean you would know if she had a Tatoo on her neck, lol. I wonder where they got that info from?

mjak

I know-it is weird but hopefully I will hear back from him soon.

I wonder about the tattoo as well. I imagine that it is possible that Deanna got a tattoo and those in her family didn't know.

Lion

I thought the tattoos were an odd addition since she was only 13!! I was tooooooo scared to even think about getting a tattoo at 13!

Hope you're doing well, Missie.:blowkiss:

MissieMT,

I am a religious Websleuther, visiting a minimum of every a.m. and p.m. each day. I read only the threads pertaining to missing persons and crime. Rarely do I read anything else here, but that changed the beginning of Oct.

At that time, I began following another thread and even subscribing to it even though it had nothing to do with a missing person or a crime. And I only read the posts made by the person who started the thread. I've followed that thread because I was so impressed by the words from what I felt was a very rare type of individual who possessed qualities of strength that I value, but rarely see expressed today.

I found my way here by clicking on this person's profile and seeing that they were writing in here. So I clicked, and have so far read two entire threads regarding your sister, Deanna Merryfield's disappearance.

Reading about your search has affected me deeply. I very much want to help you, as much as I can, if that is acceptable.

From what I have read, I know you are wanting to travel to meet with Detective Davis in Texas. I would like to donate some money toward your doing that, or toward anything else you want to do or need to do for your sister.

Do you have a PayPal account? If you do, will you let me know your email address so that I can send some money.....or.....If you don't have a PayPal account, would you consider getting one and letting me know when you do so that I can paypal some money to you.

Like I said, your story has truly touched me deeply. If something like this ever happened to me, and I had only one person working half as diligently to find me as you are working to find Deanna, I would be blessed.

You are an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member