TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you PoorPaula for your very kind thoughts and words. I am unable to go to Texas right now, even if funds are available because of other issues in my life right now. I do appreciate the offer and it is so nice to know that people want to help so much.

As far as the tattoos go, I just received an email back from Sgt. Davis, here is a piece of that:

Yes the tattoos are “unconfirmed” information that I have acquired. But I am going with it until something else comes up. I believe that Deanna was alive in October of 1995. I am hoping that she is alive now and has just changed her name and does not want to be found.

I am a perpetual pessimist folks, but I can't help having a warm feeling right now (partly because I just got off the phone with LionRun and SHE is absolutely inspiring) !! Sgt. Davis has worked diligently on this case and he has never even attempted to give me false hope. He will withhold information from me that he thinks may turn out to be false, and he is very good at figuring out what is worthwhile information and what is most likely someone just talking to hear themselves talk. That being said- I don't want to get my hopes up, but DARNIT, I can't help it right now!!

Thank you PoorPaula for your very kind thoughts and words. I am unable to go to Texas right now, even if funds are available because of other issues in my life right now. I do appreciate the offer and it is so nice to know that people want to help so much.

As far as the tattoos go, I just received an email back from Sgt. Davis, here is a piece of that:

I am a perpetual pessimist folks, but I can't help having a warm feeling right now (partly because I just got off the phone with LionRun and SHE is absolutely inspiring) !! Sgt. Davis has worked diligently on this case and he has never even attempted to give me false hope. He will withhold information from me that he thinks may turn out to be false, and he is very good at figuring out what is worthwhile information and what is most likely someone just talking to hear themselves talk. That being said- I don't want to get my hopes up, but DARNIT, I can't help it right now!!

Wooooooohooooooooo!! That's such exciting news! I know it's not the be-all, end-all of the case, but it's so good to hear Sgt. Davis is making progress on Deanna's case. Prayers for answers coming soon!

Hey Missie:blowkiss:. I just got home from work, and I so glad you were able to post this update from Sgt. Davis. We don't know where this will take us yet, but perhaps there is hope. I know that you are the ultimate pessimist so as not to drop if you learn otherwise. I am here for you no matter what the outcome, no matter how long it takes, and no matter what you are going through at home. You are a gem, my friend.

Lion

I'm home now too!! I'm so tired, but I have the next 2 days off so I'm gonna try snoozing when my daughter does. I was planningon it today, but this news was just enough to keep me going through the day!!

MissieMT

Like I said, your story has truly touched me deeply. If something like this ever happened to me, and I had only one person working half as diligently to find me as you are working to find Deanna, I would be blessed.

You are an inspiration.

Paula, this is one of the most sincere posts I've seen here at ws. Bless you and I hope you will visit the entire forum, the jury room is great. Take care!

Missiemt., great news, I"m so happy for you. Be of good cheer, you deserve it, the news is great. One day, you will have the answers you seek, take care and hang in there, your efforts are paying off. :woohoo:

MissieMT,

I am a religious Websleuther, visiting a minimum of every a.m. and p.m. each day. I read only the threads pertaining to missing persons and crime. Rarely do I read anything else here, but that changed the beginning of Oct.

At that time, I began following another thread and even subscribing to it even though it had nothing to do with a missing person or a crime. And I only read the posts made by the person who started the thread. I've followed that thread because I was so impressed by the words from what I felt was a very rare type of individual who possessed qualities of strength that I value, but rarely see expressed today.

I found my way here by clicking on this person's profile and seeing that they were writing in here. So I clicked, and have so far read two entire threads regarding your sister, Deanna Merryfield's disappearance.

Reading about your search has affected me deeply. I very much want to help you, as much as I can, if that is acceptable.

From what I have read, I know you are wanting to travel to meet with Detective Davis in Texas. I would like to donate some money toward your doing that, or toward anything else you want to do or need to do for your sister.

Do you have a PayPal account? If you do, will you let me know your email address so that I can send some money.....or.....If you don't have a PayPal account, would you consider getting one and letting me know when you do so that I can paypal some money to you.

Like I said, your story has truly touched me deeply. If something like this ever happened to me, and I had only one person working half as diligently to find me as you are working to find Deanna, I would be blessed.

You are an inspiration.

Dear PoorPaulaNNJ, your words take my breath away, and as KoolLook said you are an inspiration. Thank you:).

Lion

Yes PoorPaula-I really do appreciate your words and I can see that you have sucha beautiful heart. Sorry if I seemed "off" yesterday, my whole day was a bit "off".

Missie, it is good to see you:). No worries about how you felt yesterday. We all have days and sometimes weeks like that--especially when we have painful challenges that we are encountering. I hope you are feeling better today, but if you are not please give yourself a break, friend.

Lion

Oh missie, this is such great news!! Like paula said(BTW you are awesome paula!!) If you need help getting anywhere I am also ready to donate some funds into your account! Just let us know what we can do.

Thank you Indy! I'm seriously not gonna be going there for a while now. Have to work like every weekend-ugh!

MissieMt, my offer is opened-ended. If things change, just let me know. I told my friend in Calif about your sister, and she too wants to help sponser your quest as well.

Thanks for sweet words all. So very kind of every one of you. I was afraid I might have offended or come off wrong, so thank you.

I know we're all here for the same reason, and we're all motivated by a like sense of compassion and empathy. That's why I haunt Websleuths like a ghost.

Thank You PoorPaula! (((hugs)))

The NCMEC is gonna do an age progression!!!!!I am so excited aout this...wonder how long it takes.

Thank You PoorPaula! (((hugs)))

The NCMEC is gonna do an age progression!!!!!I am so excited aout this...wonder how long it takes.

I am anxiously awaiting to see what it looks like. Have you been able to let Sgt. Davis know that of all of the girls you and Deanna looked most alike? I sure hope that they take that to heart and to artistic design:).

Lion

Oh Guys - I'm in tears! I read Paula's post and all I could think was "bless her heart." Paula you are a true angel! And then I read Missy's post about Sgt. Davis thinking DeAnna was alive in 1995 and is probably still alive today and my heart almost jumped out of my throat. I know its not good to get your hopes up, but I am doubling my prayers for you Missie! AND then, NCMAEC is going to do an age progression! I was wishing for that just the other day when I was reading here.

Like so many others, your story has really touched my heart and I so want things to be resolved for you and your family.

May the angels be with you Missie as you move forward in this challenge.

Salem

Salem-thank you for your post! It's very weird to me because I often have the full gammit of emotions on other threads for missing people and it is so touching to know other people have those emotions for Deanna.

LionRun-they have pictures of both myself and Bekki so they can kind of go off of both of them. I'm also trying to find a picture of our Mom at around the age of 30, but I am not sure I have any,lol.

Salem-thank you for your post! It's very weird to me because I often have the full gammit of emotions on other threads for missing people and it is so touching to know other people have those emotions for Deanna.

LionRun-they have pictures of both myself and Bekki so they can kind of go off of both of them. I'm also trying to find a picture of our Mom at around the age of 30, but I am not sure I have any,lol.

Oh good, Missie. I am glad they have pics of you and Bekki(brain surge!!!:crazy:!!!--you told me that on the phone the other day). Best to you and Bekki in finding a pic of your mom at about age 30. But, if you can't perhaps any pic of her is better than none.

Lion

Well, I know I have pics from the few years before she died, but the cirrhosis had definitely had an affect on her appearance by then. She aged a lot quicker than she probably should have and was extremely thin.

Sadly, Missie, I imagine your mom did age quickly and that maybe did not age as a healthy person would have, either. Hopefully, a skilled forensic artist can take that into account and work primarily from her skeletal facial structure with some intuitive artistic liberty.

Well, I am off to the salt mines once again, and I will be back later tonight if I am not fried tired. I hope you and the children have a good day today:).

Lion

Sadly, Missie, I imagine your mom did age quickly and that maybe did not age as a healthy person would have, either. Hopefully, a skilled forensic artist can take that into account and work primarily from her skeletal facial structure with some intuitive artistic liberty.

Well, I am off to the salt mines once again, and I will be back later tonight if I am not fried tired. I hope you and the children have a good day today:).

Lion
Oh, so maybe if I dont find an older picture of her I could send a more recent one and it would be okay?! Thanks! I hope you have a great day at the salt mines:doh: , I have to work 5-10:30 today, fun!

Missie, I've been following this thread, and I just wanted to come out of lurk mode and tell you that you're doing a great job of looking for your sister--I hope you find her! I think NCMEC doing an age progression is a fabulous step in the right direction, and hopefully will break the case.

I'm curious--have you tried googling any names that Deanna might have changed hers to? For instance, a combination of any family names she might have used instead of her own? Were there any names that she liked? (You might have to ask your older sisters about this, I guess.) That might be a place to start looking. If she did change her name, it could be a totally random one, I guess, but maybe she used an assumed name that was familiar to her.

I wonder what kind of research that you could do with the Social Security Administration, as well. If she changed her name, surely she'd have to report it to the SS Admin. (although I think I read earlier that someone already researched her SS# and there was no activity. Is that correct?) So if there were no hits, then maybe she did that thing where you pull someone's name out of the obituaries and get a copy of your birth certificate, and in that case it might be difficult to find out what name she used. (Of course, you could always go back into the Killeen newspaper's archives and research that!)

Sorry for the rambling post--I'm brainstorming. I think that if she's alive out there and works, she has to have a social security number, right? (Although...I guess not necessarily. But I think your life and your options for employment would be severely limited without one.)

There are some excellent researchers here at Websleuths, and I know we'll all put our heads together to try to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff