TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to here his views on BD. Warning signs, red flags, why and
how he ended the relationship, and, did he have any inkling that BD was stalking his
new GF?

I'm sure we'll get to during trial. I hope he will testify in order to do whatever he can to put BD away for as long as possible and to help her family get justice.

It sounds as if tips and newer evidence finally allowed for the arrest of KL and the warrant to be issued for BD's arrest. If LE didn't have strong enough evidence to arrest and hold BD earlier, they couldn't legally keep her in Dallas, or even in the U.S. I suppose they could ask her not to leave the area, but it isn't possible to prevent someone from leaving if they aren't under arrest. Keeping an eye on her 24/7 is not practical either. I don't see any reason to fault DPD for her disappearance. I'm sure they are just as frustrated as we are. But the laws that allowed BD to leave are the same laws that are designed to protect us from illegal detention. We can't have it both ways.
JMO

yep, I would imagine both he & his family are worried for their own safety with BD still on the loose.

I'm concerned about the Jeep owner too. He was named in the Daily Mail article.

Weren't he and Kendra planning to move there soon anyway? He probably already had a job lined up and had to fulfill the commitment...?

Yes, that's what her brother said. I believe Kendra and Ricky were going to move together to Ca.

After seeing a pic of Love. I still can't see how the witness thought he was white. Even with a hoodie and mask. I just want to know if Love was the actual person who did the shooting. And what part of the shooter did the witness see that made him determine that the shooter was white.

CC said shooter was black, and she actually saw him up close. Also reports that KL confessed to robbery and murder weapon was likely recovered.
Witnesses are wrong all the time. This teenage witness appears to have been wrong on several points. I am not going to worry about that one bit.

Poor girl. Loved ones can never believe that someone they love or care about is capable of things they may do.
He admitted his role apparently so she needs to accept that its true. Very sad for many involved.

This guy has a criminal record which probably would have given most people a clue.

I don't see BD turning herself in and accepting her life will likely be spent in prison until she dies. I suspect she'll either take the easy way out and self harm or LE will have to track her down and nab her. I am disappointed that LE let her slip away, but then again they may know exactly where she is and are merely offering her the option of turning herself in before they take the appropriate steps to bring her in forcefully, especially if another country is involved.

I don't see BD offing herself, but I do think she's in Mexico. Can smart WSers answer my questions, or make an attempt to?

1) I assume she's a US citizen. Will Mexico allow her to be extradited if Texas refuses to take the death penalty off the table?

2) The US Marshals can't just appear in Mexico and haul her back, can they?

3) Is there anything illegal about wiring money, or transferring from bank accounts, to support her stay in Mexico? There are a whole bunch of Walmarts just across that border - Walmart transfers money all of the time. Would this be illegal if Walmart knew a "BD" was receiving the money?

Thanks in advance!

Now that LE has arrested KL, I guess they finally believe CC's story. I do find it hard to believe that BD is a fugitive. Smh!

They may not believe all of her story. The part about "it was just a robbery" seems fishy to me. And who gets paid $500 for a robbery?

Well now it really does seem that Crystal Cortes may have been duped. I feel badly for thinking she was the shooter all this time. Wonder if police will change the charges against her? And, I wonder if maybe Kristopher Love really did fire shots at her home....

Love may have fired the shots to keep her quiet but I think Cortes knew it was a murder for hire not just some robbery.
I think she is trying to minimize her involvement in the murder. I do not feel sorry for her. Even if she was duped into a robbery, really who does that?

There is zero motive to plan a robbery. Kendra was unlikely to have much cash on her. Obviously, it was planned to kill, or hurt her. Anyway, whatever they claim the plan was, it does not matter. She was murdered. Imo, they will all pay the price. Just such a horrible crime.

There is zero motive to plan a robbery. Kendra was unlikely to have much cash on her. Obviously, it was planned to kill, or hurt her. Anyway, whatever they claim the plan was, it does not matter. She was murdered. Imo, they will all pay the price. Just such a horrible crime.

Exactly. You don't hire someone to rob your ex's new love. If you're obessive and jealous, which she clearly was, you only hire to kill. And KH was shot in the head. That's not a robbery gone wrong, that's a hit. MOO.

I don't know if BD has ran to Mexico or not, but this is pretty interesting reading if she did: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf
The above is a link is the Mexican Federal Penal Code and criminal prosecutions including extradiction.
I have no reason to doubt that BD is a US citizen, but from I am reading what will matter is if she was born in Mexico or not. If she were born in Mexico, she can be tried in Mexico from what I am reading. Even if the crime was committed in the US. From the link on page 1: 1If the fugitive is a naturalized U .S . citizen who was born in Mexico, he is considered a Mexican national by the Mexican government, and extradition may not be a viable option . In such cases, a prosecution in Mexico under Article 4 is recommended .
This is going to get real interesting if she has ran to Mexico.

Exactly. You don't hire someone to rob your ex's new love. If you're obessive and jealous, which she clearly was, you only hire to kill. And KH was shot in the head. That's not a robbery gone wrong, that's a hit. MOO.

Police called it murder for hire.
"Police say a dental hygienist planned and commissioned the murder of a popular Dallas dentist last month, the New York Daily News reports. "It was a murder for hire," Maj. Max Geron told reporters Friday."

http://www.newser.com/story/213884/cops-dental-hygienist-hired-felon-to-kill-popular-dentist.html

I don't know if BD has ran to Mexico or not, but this is pretty interesting reading if she did: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/cj/article4.pdf
The above is a link is the Mexican Federal Penal Code and criminal prosecutions including extradiction.
I have no reason to doubt that BD is a US citizen, but from I am reading what will matter is if she was born in Mexico or not. If she were born in Mexico, she can be tried in Mexico from what I am reading. Even if the crime was committed in the US. From the link on page 1: 1If the fugitive is a naturalized U .S . citizen who was born in Mexico, he is considered a Mexican national by the Mexican government, and extradition may not be a viable option . In such cases, a prosecution in Mexico under Article 4 is recommended .
This is going to get real interesting if she has ran to Mexico.
Rather, it's going to be real upsetting. I am not sure why she wasn't arrested right away. They had CC claiming BD is the one who planned the "robbery." Couldn't they arrest BD right away?

The man, who doesn’t want to be identified, said he heard Dr. Hatcher scream, heard gunfire, and then saw a white man hurry from the garage and get into a beat up black Jeep Cherokee. The witness said the man was wearing a black hoodie and had it pulled forward to cover his face.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/04/search-for-killer-who-gunned-down-woman-in-uptown-continues/
[BBM]

Good work, Dexter!
Before digging in to a possibly well-deserved meal of crow ala feathers:chicken:, I will hold off for now. I am very skeptical about this suspect's involvement. :liar:

Hasn't Kristopher Love admitted only to a robbery which led to Dr. Hatcher's murder?

[BBM]

Good work, Dexter!
Before digging in to a possibly well-deserved meal of crow ala feathers:chicken:, I will hold off for now. I am very skeptical about this suspect's involvement. :liar:

Hasn't Kristopher Love admitted only to a robbery which led to Dr. Hatcher's murder?

Robbery and murder happened at about the same time.

I don't see BD offing herself, but I do think she's in Mexico. Can smart WSers answer my questions, or make an attempt to?

1) I assume she's a US citizen. Will Mexico allow her to be extradited if Texas refuses to take the death penalty off the table?

2) The US Marshals can't just appear in Mexico and haul her back, can they?

3) Is there anything illegal about wiring money, or transferring from bank accounts, to support her stay in Mexico? There are a whole bunch of Walmarts just across that border - Walmart transfers money all of the time. Would this be illegal if Walmart knew a "BD" was receiving the money?

Thanks in advance!
The answer to your first question is found on page 5 of my above link:
Once the suspect in a Texas capital crime has fled to Mexico, capital punishment is effectively out of reach . Mexico will not extradite anyone wanted for a capital offense, regardless of nationality, unless United States authorities adequately assure Mexican authorities that they will not seek the death penalty .

[BBM]

Good work, Dexter!

Well he would still be charged with capital murder. Due to death during a robbery. But I'm just amazed of the witness description. Unless there was another male perp there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13