TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any child should be used as a pawn. That just is not right.

No, it's not right, at all!!! A level headed individual would not do anything to harm a child, but there are some people who are very twisted, and they have no conscience.

IMHO

No, it's not right, at all!!! A level headed individual would not do anything to harm a child, but there are some people who are very twisted, and they have no conscience.

IMHO

Do we know for sure the child was not in the Jeep? Horrible to imagine, but it seems early in case that news was reporting child was taken into protective custody because CC "had involved him" - which later was understood to be related to shots fired at house. IF shots were fired at house, seems CC's family would want the boy safe at an undisclosed location...

Do we know for sure the child was not in the Jeep? Horrible to imagine, but it seems early in case that news was reporting child was taken into protective custody because CC "had involved him" - which later was understood to be related to shots fired at house. IF shots were fired at house, seems CC's family would want the boy safe at an undisclosed location...

It isn't known with any certainty whether the child was or was not in the vehicle.

It is possible that CC told law enforcement she had reason to believe her son would be in danger if she told police what she knew.

That alone would provide sufficient legal foundation for immediate removal of a child from a residence. Any reason-based ongoing perceived danger to a child could also move a judge to keep a child away from households where ongoing endangerment might exist until something changes.

The 14-day period for the initial hearing that determines if a child is returned to a home has passed. I'm assuming the hearing was held and the judge ruled "not at this time" with regard to placing the child within the family. I'm going to also assume that the judge has a valid reason because, when possible, family placement is the preferred norm.

Horrible situation for the child. Another person victimized by those who perpetrated this crime.

My experience has been for CPS court records to be under seal more often than not, so I don't anticipate use of the Open Records Act could shed much light on this aspect and I'm good with that. The child's best well-being is what counts.

I'm having hard time understanding why RP would still have BD on his phone plan if he was involved in a serious relationship with another woman. Any woman would think something was amiss if their boyfriend still had their ex on their phone plan. The fact she was still on his phone plan tells me that he had not cut ties with her and was still entwined in a relationship with her.

It isn't known with any certainty whether the child was or was not in the vehicle.

It is possible that CC told law enforcement she had reason to believe her son would be in danger if she told police what she knew.

That alone would provide sufficient legal foundation for immediate removal of a child from a residence. Any reason-based ongoing perceived danger to a child could also move a judge to keep a child away from households where ongoing endangerment might exist until something changes.

The 14-day period for the initial hearing that determines if a child is returned to a home has passed. I'm assuming the hearing was held and the judge ruled "not at this time" with regard to placing the child within the family. I'm going to also assume that the judge has a valid reason because, when possible, family placement is the preferred norm.

Horrible situation for the child. Another person victimized by those who perpetrated this crime.

My experience has been for CPS court records to be under seal more often than not, so I don't anticipate use of the Open Records Act could shed much light on this aspect and I'm good with that. The child's best well-being is what counts.

Thanks for the insight. The little one's safety must take precedent, absolutely... I'm sure it's very difficult for him to understand why his world has been turned upside down. Poor kiddo.

We do know that the boy was not with his Grandma or his uncle because they admitted they did not know id he was in the car or not. Uncle said something like ' if he was he would be able to say so.'

So that makes me wonder. Where would he be at that time if not with Grandma ?

:thinking::thinking:

Wondering if CC was promised $$$ to get this job done??? And I think it was more than $500!

IMHO

We do know that the boy was not with his Grandma or his uncle because they admitted they did not know id he was in the car or not. Uncle said something like ' if he was he would be able to say so.'

So that makes me wonder. Where would he be at that time if not with Grandma ?

Right - I noticed the conflicting details in news reports of family statements, too... Normally CPS welcomes family placement, especially if the child lived with the extended family prior. (I'm not implying the family is not fit, just that the judge apparently has safety reasons in mind)

Here it is, especially last paragraph: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/05/family-says-crystal-cortes-is-small-part-of-larger-conspiracy/

***"Aguilar describes his sister as the loving mother of her six-year-old son, a boy the family says is now a key part of the investigation.

Last night the cops came, took my little nephew out of my mom’s custody claiming that he was involved in this,” Aguilar said.

Dallas Police would not comment on whether they interviewed Cortes’ son, but a spokesperson for the Department of Family and Protective Services confirms the boy is in protective custody.

“He is a very intelligent kid, so he would tell them exactly if he was in the car, he would tell them exactly what happened,” Aguilar said."***^

Here it is, especially last paragraph: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/05/family-says-crystal-cortes-is-small-part-of-larger-conspiracy/

***"Aguilar describes his sister as the loving mother of her six-year-old son, a boy the family says is now a key part of the investigation.

Last night the cops came, took my little nephew out of my mom’s custody claiming that he was involved in this,” Aguilar said.

Dallas Police would not comment on whether they interviewed Cortes’ son, but a spokesperson for the Department of Family and Protective Services confirms the boy is in protective custody.

“He is a very intelligent kid, so he would tell them exactly if he was in the car, he would tell them exactly what happened,” Aguilar said."***^

So it sounds like the Uncle thinks the boy may have been in the car? Yikes. He might be the biggest victim besides Kendra. :cry:

:thinking::thinking:

Wondering if CC was promised $$$ to get this job done??? And I think it was more than $500!

IMHO

I'm wondering where BD was going to get the $ to pay CC.

So it sounds like the Uncle thinks the boy may have been in the car? Yikes. He might be the biggest victim besides Kendra. :cry:

CC may have asked LE to set up protection for her son.

Sounds like CC is talking for CPS to put son in protective custody or perhaps the shooting at her house triggered it.

Not to get off on a tangent that has very little to do with this case, but the fact is, children are used as a pawn everyday - right or wrong. In divorce cases as custody fodder, in surrogate cases, in the cases of migrants fleeing to European countries seeking asylum, here on the streets of NY where some women use their children to drum up sympathy for soliciting money from strangers.

It's one thing to wish the world were different. It's quite different to simply see the world as it is. If people all did the "right" things, there would be no Websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii