TX - Dylan Wayne Gurley, 20, killed by blunt force, sharp force, strangulation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

flowershop

Reaction score
The victim, Dylan Wayne Gurley, was found unresponsive on July 23 in a home in Denton, Texas. She was found with traumatic injuries.

ETA: The police referred to Dylan as a "she" but later the Medical Examiner refers to Dylan as a male.

Last edited:
Obituary for Dylan; I noted that the obituary carefully avoids using any pronouns to describe the deceased. Assuming this was a deliberate decision on the part of the obituary writer, one could infer that Dylan was transgender (or non-binary or at least not cisgender), a fact which I hope was not a motive in her murder.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/dylan-gurley-obituary?id=55724272

Obituary for Dylan; I noted that the obituary carefully avoids using any pronouns to describe the deceased. Assuming this was a deliberate decision on the part of the obituary writer, one could infer that Dylan was transgender (or non-binary or at least not cisgender), a fact which I hope was not a motive in her murder.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/dylan-gurley-obituary?id=55724272

Agree and share the same hope, though several recent cases suggest the hope may be misplaced.

From the Denton Record Caller article (link can be found below) :

People who knew her told the Denton Record-Chronicle they called her “Gurley.” She was experiencing homelessness, they said.

Denton police responded to the 3700 block of Holland Lane that night after a third-party caller reported finding an injured woman inside a home.

The homelessness is another angle to this tragedy.

I am curious what is meant here by "third-party caller". Is this simply someone who placed the call but did not find DG personally?

From the Denton Record Caller article (link can be found below) :

People who knew her told the Denton Record-Chronicle they called her “Gurley.” She was experiencing homelessness, they said.

Denton police responded to the 3700 block of Holland Lane that night after a third-party caller reported finding an injured woman inside a home.

The homelessness is another angle to this tragedy.

I am curious what is meant here by "third-party caller". Is this simply someone who placed the call but did not find DG personally?

Using Google Maps, I looked at Holland Lane in Denton, TX. It appears to be an unpaved road with only a few homes on it. The homes appear to be set on large lots with "outbuildings" (large sheds/barns/industrial-looking storage structures). I wonder if the deceased was taking refuge in one of these homes or outbuildings, and/or if this is a common practice by local people experiencing homelessness.

I'm very curious about the church at the end of Holland Lane. With me being from Tennessee, Remnant Church is known for cultish vibes, I'm not sure if they are even related to this incident or the same remnant church but it makes things a bit interesting to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke
Back