TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz's family referred to the murderer as plural . Since they are in contact with the LE, I think LE thinks in the same direction as well .

Why do they think there are more than one people involved ?Any thoughts ?
As explained by Arrin Stone in his Yotube channel , the recorded voice which is thought to come from nest cam is a conversation of two people, and it coincides with the time the killer got into the truck. There is a sound like ‘ is she dead ? ‘ and then a laughing is heard. If these sounds are from nest cam, we can say that the killers hacked the nest cam or they entered with a password meaning they had internet connection and is traceable.

Nest cam connection is very telling since it only shows outside. Their intention was to view outside and I think they have knowledge of the garage sale and want to catch Liz outside and alone after Sergio leaves. That's why the log in timings of the Nest Cam that morning are very important and I hope this information is available in LE. Just my opinions.
Since the police have the experience and are doing the job, I try to understand their reasoning. But in this case I think the police are way off. It sounds like the reason police think there was more than one person was because this was a planned hit, paid for by someone. The truck came back after the crime to check if Elizabeth Barraza was dead so maybe it was someone who was paid to kill her?

But if that is the case, who uses a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X truck as a hired killer's vehicle to commit the crime? If it was a hired killer, why would they stop to possibly show Elizabeth Barraza something and talk to her? They are a hired killer so why take the extra time to do that? They need to get done, get out of there, and back to wherever they came from. Why come back to the crime scene a few minutes later? Are they that inexperienced with the being a hired killer that this was their first time shooting a gun?

If it was a hired killer, it does not make a lot of sense to me.

Since the police have the experience and are doing the job, I try to understand their reasoning. But in this case I think the police are way off. It sounds like the reason police think there was more than one person was because this was a planned hit, paid for by someone. The truck came back after the crime to check if Elizabeth Barraza was dead so maybe it was someone who was paid to kill her?

But if that is the case, who uses a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X truck as a hired killer's vehicle to commit the crime? If it was a hired killer, why would they stop to possibly show Elizabeth Barraza something and talk to her? They are a hired killer so why take the extra time to do that? They need to get done, get out of there, and back to wherever they came from. Why come back to the crime scene a few minutes later? Are they that inexperienced with the being a hired killer that this was their first time shooting a gun?

If it was a hired killer, it does not make a lot of sense to me.

I think we are so frustrated we are trying to fill the void where there is no new information and in the process are overthinking the situation. To my way of thinking this was someone who hated Liz and killed her. I think the case is solvable and of course we have no idea what the police are doing to solve it. I think when a case is this cold it needs fresh eyes and don't know if that is happening.

Over (me) thinker present! Agreed, Liz's case is solvable. LE believed it was too, early on, what changed with LE on that thought process?

Curiosity leads you down the path of was this a stalker (if I can't have her, no one will), person angry toward Liz, previous disagreement and killer can't let it go, there are so many rabbit holes to go down because we have nothing here to go on.

It's especially concerning why did Liz had the garage sale when money really not necessary for the trip? Did someone encourage Liz to have the garage sale?

Did someone not want Liz going to Orlando/Universal Studio?

All of this of course is speculation on my part. imo, moo

Over (me) thinker present! Agreed, Liz's case is solvable. LE believed it was too, early on, what changed with LE on that thought process?

Curiosity leads you down the path of was this a stalker (if I can't have her, no one will), person angry toward Liz, previous disagreement and killer can't let it go, there are so many rabbit holes to go down because we have nothing here to go on.

It's especially concerning why did Liz had the garage sale when money really not necessary for the trip? Did someone encourage Liz to have the garage sale?

Did someone not want Liz going to Orlando/Universal Studio?

All of this of course is speculation on my part. imo, moo

This case has many frustrated, as any seemingly solvable murder does.
I keep revisiting different theories in my mind, and with so many cases since this one (and my advanced age), I find it hard to keep the possibilities straight. I’m sure we have discussed the similarity of Elizabeth’s case to this one which also happened in Houston, 6 months prior to the brazen homicide of Liz, also with video evidence.
Suspect in murder of Houston doctor committed suicide: police
It was solved within weeks of the murder, but the motive was such a wild one IMHO - misplaced revenge for an 20-yr-old psychological wound - I am ready to imagine that same sort of theory here too. I think it will be stretch to uncover a ‘slight’ such as this as the reason Liz was killed. It could be ANY of the countless interactions she had with untold numbers of individuals in the short years she was on this earth. And with several degrees of separation, that multiplies beyond what can reasonably/easily be investigated. The perp in the previous case was obviously unhinged, and that mental state was witnessed enough to be reported. The dots were finally linked to a long-ago death during surgery.. I think perhaps something similar is in play here, minus unusual/observable/reportable mental health behavior that someone could connect to Liz in some way.
Here is the WS thread link to the similar case:
TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

A couple of things about this case....

I still can't decide on male or female shooter.
Listening to the audio, I think I can hear "camera" as in the killer tells Liz to move away from the camera.
I also think I hear "" which in my culture is a very male to female insult but may be different in TX.

Listening to the audio and I don't hear a happy, chirpy "morning" I hear caution in her voice, its the voice women use when we are trying to be polite but are uncertain of the situation. Just MOO of course.

The POI in Miami has (allegedly) been identified on another website, again just allegedly but if correct then it wouldn't really raise suspicion on a call log.

Also just MOO but I do find it odd that S has "unfriended" L on FB. Her profile is mostly private meaning he can no longer view any of her previous posts. I know he has moved on but seems a bit cold to me to just sever that tie.

Listening to the audio, I think I can hear "camera" as in the killer tells Liz to move away from the camera.
I also think I hear "" which in my culture is a very male to female insult but may be different in TX.

Listening to the audio and I don't hear a happy, chirpy "morning" I hear caution in her voice, its the voice women use when we are trying to be polite but are uncertain of the situation. Just MOO of course.

The POI in Miami has (allegedly) been identified on another website, again just allegedly but if correct then it wouldn't really raise suspicion on a call log.

Also just MOO but I do find it odd that S has "unfriended" L on FB. Her profile is mostly private meaning he can no longer view any of her previous posts. I know he has moved on but seems a bit cold to me to just sever that tie.
I was surprised that he did not memorialize it. It’s easy to do it on Facebook with the death certificate. It locks their account so nobody can hack into it. I did it with my husbands account so I could have all of his posts and pictures saved.

k

Who is L???

I’m still wondering why you would use such a unique vehicle to do this. Obviously it’s worked out fine for them thus far, but wouldn’t a Toyota Corolla, Chevy sedan, or a Nissan Sentra (common fleet cars, for example) been much more common and difficult to identify? Seems risky to me. Maybe they knew somehow that they could get away with it? All speculation of course.

As much as I hate to sound like I’m defending SB, he is still friends with Liz on FB.

Is he? Ah ok, fair enough maybe I saw an old or unused account.

Has anyone seen the Nest footage from before the shooting? Allegedly S and L have a slight argument before he leaves. Again, just allegedly.
We are going on a slippery slope with this topic on this site, but yes. And the voice of the perpetrator of the crime can be heard, in my opinion. It is very eerie. I can’t believe police have not solved this case.

This case has many frustrated, as any seemingly solvable murder does.
I keep revisiting different theories in my mind, and with so many cases since this one (and my advanced age), I find it hard to keep the possibilities straight. I’m sure we have discussed the similarity of Elizabeth’s case to this one which also happened in Houston, 6 months prior to the brazen homicide of Liz, also with video evidence.
Suspect in murder of Houston doctor committed suicide: police
It was solved within weeks of the murder, but the motive was such a wild one IMHO - misplaced revenge for an 20-yr-old psychological wound - I am ready to imagine that same sort of theory here too. I think it will be stretch to uncover a ‘slight’ such as this as the reason Liz was killed. It could be ANY of the countless interactions she had with untold numbers of individuals in the short years she was on this earth. And with several degrees of separation, that multiplies beyond what can reasonably/easily be investigated. The perp in the previous case was obviously unhinged, and that mental state was witnessed enough to be reported. The dots were finally linked to a long-ago death during surgery.. I think perhaps something similar is in play here, minus unusual/observable/reportable mental health behavior that someone could connect to Liz in some way.
Here is the WS thread link to the similar case:
TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston
@CocoChanel,
Congratulations on your retirement w/WS! Thank you for all your dedication/hard work w/the site.

Never heard about this case until now. Thanks for sharing. Strange that someone would kill someone on a bike. Since he ended his own life, he may have not cared if he got caught at the time of the shooting. At times, I wonder same about Liz’s killer, did he care if he got caught? Was that last bullet left for him?

I posted awhile back about my curiosity if LE research other (local/out of state) cases for any connection to Liz.
It’s feasible that Liz’s killer held a grunge for many years, plotted the murder, and possibly committed suicide after killing her.

However, I really think the killer is still around and thinks they got away with murder. Moreover, that will change, as I am hopeful about the case and that one day there will be Justice for Liz.

One thing for sure, someone knows something. Hope that the person will do the right thing and come forward with what they know.

Obviously speculation on my part. moo

Nissan won't help. I tried this avenue around 18 months back and sent Nissan of America still shots of the truck asking them do they have an expert who could tell me the exact make and model of the truck. I didn't tell them initially it was a truck used in the comission of a homicide. I got passed from one dpt to another when I wouldn't give them info, and they wanted to know if it were my truck. Silly question seen as I'm asking can they ID the make and model of my own vehicle?

Anyway, I eventually told them the reason I was asking and as soon as I did, they became almost hostile to me asking as though their truck being used by a killer somehow reflected bad on them.

If you get any info from them let us know, I doubt you will though.

Incidentally, for anyone interested, I have a list of all black Nissan Frontiers registered in the Tomball area around the time of Liz's murder. Many have scoffed at this suggesting that Tomball is far too small an area and I should have requested one for Harris County or Houston. I reply to that saying the list for Tomball alone cost me just shy of $100. Do the math and est. a similar list for Harris Co.

These are rare, there are or were less than 40 registered in Tomball when Liz was murdered. I have the list with all Vins and have traced via research the names of the owners of these trucks on Jan 25, 2019.

There are several of particular interest. On was bought by a resident of Tomball two days before the murder. Another is owned by a woman who's a star wars and cosplay fanatic and has pics on her Facebook of her dressed as Princess Leya. In another she's wearing a t-shirt with 'I love Star Wars' on it.

Many interesting discoveries.

Of these, was there any sold within 6 months after the shooting?

I would imagine the shooter wanting to sell it ASAP after coverage of it emerged.

Of these, was there any sold within 6 months after the shooting?

I would imagine the shooter wanting to sell it ASAP after coverage of it emerged.

Edit for addition ----

While we are at this, is there any reports of damaged vehicles that fit the description? Were any of them totaled (and resulted in an insurance claim for a new vehicled), damaged or reported vandalized under strange circumstances, reported stolen, etc?

The garage sale is the one thing I wonder about most in this case. If there had not been a garage sale, would the plan have been for Elizabeth Barraza's husband to leave. Then the murderer would have gone to the house, rung the doorbell, and shot her?

I know about the Nest cam in this case, but I really do not think people that are not very familiar with the Barraza property would know about something like that. I have no clue if some of the people I know have Nest cams at their house unless I went there and was actively looking for it. I did not even know such a thing existed.

Again, it makes me think whoever the murderer was, they don't just know Elizabeth Barraza. They also know the property and the subdivision where she lives too.

If the garage sale did matter in this case, then there would be no way for someone to really plan by taking off work unless it was last minute. The signs were not put up until the night before the garage sale. It would have to be someone who was going to already be at home that Friday.

If the garage sale did matter in this case, then there would be no way for someone to really plan by taking off work unless it was last minute. The signs were not put up until the night before the garage sale. It would have to be someone who was going to already be at home that Friday.
IMO it was a paid hitman who murdered Elizabeth Barraza. I doubt the paid hitman needed to worry about taking off at their job, because a paid hitman likely does not have a regular job to worry about. A hitman probably makes their living in various criminal ways, like burglaries, and drug dealing, etc., in addition to murder, and is paid in all cash. If Elizabeth Barraza was murdered by a paid hitman, the question in my mind is, who paid to have Elizabeth Barraza murdered, and why? All this is just speculation on my part, and my opinion only.

Last edited:
Imo, the killer wanted Liz to know why she was being killed. There appeared to be brief conversation...about 6 seconds before shots are fired. Who does that, and why?

moo

I speculate it is motive related, but could fit more than one narrative.

If it was personal and they knew Liz well "He/that was MINE!" "You remember (insert action)?".

If this was a hired hit, they could be confirming Liz's identity. But....I would like to mention there is not shortage of mistaken identities murdered on a hit. See Daniel Ott (happened to be two in that small town), Doug Johntson who was driving a nearly identical car and lived on the same street as the intended target (See Chuck Morgan case) Angela Hammond being abducted after being confused with a different Angela who looked a lot like her, and the high likelihood that 2 Mary Morris's were killed in the same town under mistaken identity during a hit.

I’m still wondering why you would use such a unique vehicle to do this. Obviously it’s worked out fine for them thus far, but wouldn’t a Toyota Corolla, Chevy sedan, or a Nissan Sentra (common fleet cars, for example) been much more common and difficult to identify? Seems risky to me. Maybe they knew somehow that they could get away with it? All speculation of course.
I continue to believe there was a specific, advanced plan for that truck to immediately disappear into Mexico. or specialty chop-shop, or otherwise change its identity. Killer/killers prepared well for the vehicle to be quickly gone and/or unidentifiable.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member