TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here it mentions Liz being part of Make-a-Wish foundation and performing in hospitals for sick kids. Elizabeth Barraza — Unresolved
Her parents’ site mentions Liz Barraza’s Harry Potter Library in children oncology ward. Ms. Martinez was a volunteer teacher in an elementary school. Honestly, this is the first thing that comes to mind.

I paid attention that Mr. Martinez took his life less than a month after Ms. Martinez got shot, poor man. Probably, his heart was broken, but a totally different question regarding Barraza/Martinez connection formed in my head, i.e., could the cases be linked via a third person. It is probably my overactive phantasy.
I don't think its too farfetched to think an unhinged parent could connect the two.

There is not a lot about Ms. Martinez's murder available, but cross-referencing children Liz visited and children at Ms. Martinez's school wouldn't hurt.

I believe it’s most likely that the Barraza house was being monitored through the Ring or other connectivity app.

To know the information for that, they would have to know SB and Liz mighty, mighty well.

I think the shooter knew them well, and I think they extended their left hand to show Liz something before shooting her.

Liz takes a HUGE step back (I think she saw the gun) but leans in to get a better look and is shot right as she is leaning in.

To me, this suggests that whatever the shooter was showing Liz was familiar to Liz and/or extremely interesting to her (Liz).

I really wish we had got to see Lizs reaction first. Like throwing up her hands “Whoah! That’s not me!” Or rolling her eyes “this crap again? Really?” Or making a face like “ok, wait. I can explain. It was just a one time thing…”

The body language may have told us more, or may have just confused us more.
I agree. I think it was probably a picture that was shown to Liz.

Elizabeth had a decent life insurance policy (confirmed). Sergio remarried shortly after (confirmed). He also has a new house (confirmed).

I agree, I think it can’t be denied that if her husband no longer wanted to be her husband, from a financial standpoint, he would be far better off with her murdered. There is really no question there — rather than losing half his marital assets and his household’s primary income earner, he would instead be left with:
1) The proceeds of a $500k life insurance policy; and
2) All of their marital assets.

That’s of course not evidence in and of itself that he had anything to do with it, but you can’t say that no one stood to benefit from her murder, because that’s simply not true. The only other piece relevant to determining whether he had motive would be whether he was still planning on spending his life with her. And really, only he knows that. When my long term relationship ended, no one saw it coming. People who spent time with us together a couple weeks before the breakup still saw him as loving and devoted to me. I thought he loved and was devoted to me. Heck, even a couple weeks before the breakup, I don’t think he even saw it coming. Yes, there was someone else.

I’ll note that people make a big deal about whether her husband has received her life insurance, but that’s irrelevant. All that’s relevant is if he knew about it, which he did. He wouldn’t know that the company would delay paying if he was under suspicion. And an innocent husband should be able to collect on a life insurance policy without guilt. He shouldn’t have to put it towards a reward as some suggest, that’s not what life insurance is for. It’s to allow him to pick up the pieces of his life, maintain his standard of living after the death of his higher-earning spouse, and give him money to live on while dealing with grief. But if he knew about it beforehand, then yes, that’s relevant to motive.

Of course, it goes without saying that having a motive means nothing if the person with the motive is moral/ethical/a law-abider/empathic/etc.

MOO

Liz was apparently White. Rather, she was married to a Hispanic. Thus, the Spanish last name.
I wasn’t sure if Nuelle was a Hispanic last name

Liz had dark features and made me wonder if she came from a Hispanic family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomevertonfc
Back