TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me - does this enhanced audio clip have the gunshots on it? I want to find out before I crank up my volume because those suckers are LOUD. I about had a heart attack the first time I listened to the other audio.

Everyone and their dog has a surveillance camera now, so the killer and the roads on which he or she fled was caught on dozens of surveillance cameras. Imo, the police know the monsters who murdered Liz, but they are waiting for an additional piece of evidence to prove "beyond reasonable doubt".

If you have information about Liz's murder, call Crime Stoppers now and get that huge reward before the police arrest these creeps and then you can't collect the huge reward. Crime Stoppers is not a police department. You can be completely anonymous. You will be given a multi-digit code to collect this reward
when you call 713-222-8477. You don't need to use your name to collect the $20,000 reward. You can also go to crimestoppers.org to anonymously provide information.
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.37.56 PM.png

Many threads ago, I mentioned in passing my curiosity about the yard sale signage. I rewatched the helicopter footage, then scanned through news photos and can't make out any signs at all on corners or street posts. It just strikes me as super odd, as 1.) that's a terribly convoluted neighborhood and 2.) signage seems like ideal subject matter for photojournalists.

Another thing caught my attention while reviewing the helicopter footage: of the two street lights on that road, one is directly in front of their driveway. This compounds the brazenness of the shooter, but I'm not sure if the street light is on when the shooter approaches. The garage lights are certainly on, as are the truck's headlights. I don't see the same halo under the street light. Waiting for the street light to turn off would help obscure identity. Is that one of the reasons for the four-minute delay?

I also wanted to entertain the idea that the garage sale is a red herring all together. What if her typical departure for work was sometime after her husband's? Perhaps she worked closer to home and therefore had an opportunity to walk the dog from 645 to 7am. Or if she always kept her vehicle parked at the curb, perhaps intercepting her on the path from the front door to her car was the original plan.
They set up the garage sale signs that morning. https://popculturecrime.medium.com/the-public-unsolved-murder-of-elizabeth-barraza-ba66f82e02fb

Elizabeth
wouldn’t have been home at that time on normal day. The garage sale was only planned the day before. The killer had to have intimate knowledge of their plans. So either Liz or Sergio told the killer or one of the few people that knew told the killer.

They set up the garage sale signs that morning. The Public & Unsolved Murder of Elizabeth Barraza

Elizabeth
wouldn’t have been home at that time on normal day. The garage sale was only planned the day before. The killer had to have intimate knowledge of their plans. So either Liz or Sergio told the killer or one of the few people that knew told the killer.

I tend to agree that the garage sale was indeed an important deviation in behavior.

And I totally believe the flyers/signs went up, I just can’t seem to figure out where exactly the couple placed these signs.

A head scratcher of immense proportions.

Is the doorcam always recording? That's like having a permanent bug in your house?! How much data is stored? Maybe there are context clues from conversations happening before.

It depends on the brand, plan, and settings. I pay for a ring subscription and I have my cameras set to record when they sense motion. You can have them set to record at certain intervals as well. I have indoor Wyze cameras that record clips when they sense motion, but I don’t pay for a plan so I don’t know what the paid plans offer.

Yes. There's a very narrow window between street lights turning off (on or before ~6:45), the husband leaving (~6:48), the encounter/shooting (~6:52), and full dawn (~7:17am). I'm also fairly certain there are school bus stops that overlap with these times within the neighborhood. Margin of error is razor thin.

Broken record, I know, but I also think it would be really interesting to see the neighbor's footage for the entirety of those four minutes. I'd wager that there's a reason HCSO is withholding and why there's no public interrogation of the possibility that the husband made visual contact with the shooter/vehicle.

To be crystal clear, I'm absolutely not suggesting compliticity; rather, I'd be concerned with his safety if he did indeed get a glimpse of the shooter. Radio silence on the part of LE about this potential sighting would be rightly warranted.

On another note, while I'm less convinced there's a 501st connection, I'm confident this is an angle that HCSO has covered. There's at least one, if not more, local members who are current LEOs.
And I am sure there is video from other cameras in that complex, as well as some from the roads surrounding that area that capture this truck.

All of this would be interesting, and I wish LE would release more of it. At this point it can only help them and is unlikely to hinder a prosecution (which they of course won't get unless they get a break in this case).

I have not discounted the possibility that this was totally random. This person drove around this subdivision for a couple of days looking for a good opportunity to present itself and when they saw a women alone in the dark they struck. That they drove by afterward could indicate they were lost while trying to get themselves out of the complex and not that they went back to check.

And I am sure there is video from other cameras in that complex, as well as some from the roads surrounding that area that capture this truck.

All of this would be interesting, and I wish LE would release more of it. At this point it can only help them and is unlikely to hinder a prosecution (which they of course won't get unless they get a break in this case).

I have not discounted the possibility that this was totally random. This person drove around this subdivision for a couple of days looking for a good opportunity to present itself and when they saw a women alone in the dark they struck. That they drove by afterward could indicate they were lost while trying to get themselves out of the complex and not that they went back to check.

But there’s so many signs that it wasn’t random:
- they cased her house the night before
- garage sale signs weren’t put up until that morning
- attacker knew when her husband would leave for work
- seemed to know about their Ring doorbell & to stay off camera
- So how could they know she would be alone & vulnerable at that EXACT spot & time?

I’ve considered the random kill thing too but it just seems far too convenient and coordinated. What ultimately convinces me is the way the killer shoots her when she’s down. Gut reaction watching the video... IMO it’s personal.

- So how could they know she would be alone & vulnerable at that EXACT spot & time?

I’ve considered the random kill thing too but it just seems far too convenient and coordinated. What ultimately convinces me is the way the killer shoots her when she’s down. Gut reaction watching the video... IMO it’s personal.

they also had a conversation before he killed her. That ain’t random. He says “you were right, sorry, I have the <unintelligible> to shoot you.” There is past beef leading up to this.

These are all assumptions, the evidence fits both hypothesis at this time.

We can't tell if driving by was the perp casing her specifically, or just randomly looking for an opportunity and building up nerve. How many other houses did they drive by and how often? The perp may have driven there fifty times for all we know, there is limited time that LE looked for that truck.

Doesn't matter when garage sale signs went up if was random. The sale put her in the vulnerable position, out front, in the dark, alone, and the perp took advantage of it; it could just as easily been someone taking out the garbage that was targeted. Wrong place/Wrong time

Attacker didn't have to know anything about the husband's schedule, they might have been willing to kill whoever was there.

The attacker was captured on many many cameras, she just happened to be outside her ring camera coverage at the time of the shooting. The camera doesn't cover her driveway at all, and that is where she was. There is no evidence the perp took steps to actively avoid it. The perps car was captured on her camera as was his/her voice. They didn't seem to know, or care that there was a camera, and its only an accident of the wind noise that day that we can't hear them more clearly. If not for the wind and the music we would have the killers voice.

The didn't have to know she was going to be there at that exact time, they drove by, saw her there, and decided it was a good time.

Random killing explains why none of her friends or family, or the police can link that truck to anybody connected to her.

These are all assumptions, the evidence fits both hypothesis at this time.

We can't tell if driving by was the perp casing her specifically, or just randomly looking for an opportunity and building up nerve. How many other houses did they drive by and how often? The perp may have driven there fifty times for all we know, there is limited time that LE looked for that truck.

Doesn't matter when garage sale signs went up if was random. The sale put her in the vulnerable position, out front, in the dark, alone, and the perp took advantage of it; it could just as easily been someone taking out the garbage that was targeted. Wrong place/Wrong time

Attacker didn't have to know anything about the husband's schedule, they might have been willing to kill whoever was there.

The attacker was captured on many many cameras, she just happened to be outside her ring camera coverage at the time of the shooting. The camera doesn't cover her driveway at all, and that is where she was. There is no evidence the perp took steps to actively avoid it. The perps car was captured on her camera as was his/her voice. They didn't seem to know, or care that there was a camera, and its only an accident of the wind noise that day that we can't hear them more clearly. If not for the wind and the music we would have the killers voice.

The didn't have to know she was going to be there at that exact time, they drove by, saw her there, and decided it was a good time.

Random killing explains why none of her friends or family, or the police can link that truck to anybody connected to her.

They’re not assumptions, they’re the facts of the case that have been stated by law enforcement.

What new doorbell video captured moments before Tomball woman's murder in driveway

“Detectives say the same truck had been by the home before and was waiting for the husband to leave before the murder.”

How could it be random/they just saw her in the driveway and decided to do it- if they were waiting for her husband to leave? How did they know she had a husband or that he would be leaving at that time?

They’re not assumptions, they’re the facts of the case that have been stated by law enforcement.

What new doorbell video captured moments before Tomball woman's murder in driveway

“Detectives say the same truck had been by the home before and was waiting for the husband to leave before the murder.”

How could it be random/they just saw her in the driveway and decided to do it- if they were waiting for her husband to leave? How did they know she had a husband or that he would be leaving at that time?
There is no way LE could know if the perp was waiting for the husband or not. It would look like they were waiting either way, when in fact in might be dumb luck.

What are the chances, though? Four minutes later, here comes the killer.

That would be super coincidental if this was random and he had just been scouting out neighborhoods the night before, chose theirs, Liz just happened to be having a garage sale, just happened to not be going to work that day, just happened to be just out of their ring doorbell view, Sergio just happened to be leaving right before the killer arrived, the killer just happened to not be recognized by anyone and the vehicle just happened to never be tracked down.

There is no way LE could know if the perp was waiting for the husband or not. It would look like they were waiting either way, when in fact in might be dumb luck.

It’s likely LE knows way more than they are letting on and what they do know is pointing to her being targeted. I don’t believe for a second that they haven’t had the audio cleaned up and aren’t privy to the bits of the conversation that are indecipherable to everyone else.

Does anyone remember the case where the wrong woman was killed by a hit man because he missed the turnoff for the neighborhood where the intended victim lived? The police found out because they caught a second hit man employed by the same man. Not saying that happened here but a possibility.

If I am remembering this right the truck was always circling clock wise. The morning of shooting truck went by clock wise. Moo shooter saw her setting up..and probably drove into someone's driveway turned around parked out of sight of cam and after shooting continued anti-clock wise. So not a second drive by to check on her ...that was just direction truck had been parked. Moo

It’s likely LE knows way more than they are letting on and what they do know is pointing to her being targeted. I don’t believe for a second that they haven’t had the audio cleaned up and aren’t privy to the bits of the conversation that are indecipherable to everyone else.

The Delphi murders made me lose a lot of confidence in LEs abilities to clean up audio and video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klints tabitha