TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m about 2.5 hrs from where this happened so I remember hearing about it on the news & we are yard sale people so it was terrifying to hear about. Every so often check the web to see if any updates so I’m just shocked that there hasn’t been an arrest!

I’m about 2.5 hrs from where this happened so I remember hearing about it on the news & we are yard sale people so it was terrifying to hear about. Every so often check the web to see if any updates so I’m just shocked that there hasn’t been an arrest!

Not even updates. I wonder if its on the back burner.

With this very unusual murder on video, in an outdoor setting , in front of the victims’ home, well, I can’t imagine.
The Star Wars group, her neighbors and co workers. All these people surely are not just forgetting about it.
I would call this one high profile but maybe not so.

It’s odd to me that they haven’t been able to track down that vehicle. They aren’t very popular

If this was a planned hit the car was probably taken to a junk yard and crushed won’t ever be found. You’d think it nothing else they could get a list of every single one registered and work back from there. There can’t be more than a few thousand of this exact model. It’s not like it’s an f-150 or Silverado

I never heard of this case until I saw it on here yesterday. I realize I’m just repeating a shared sentiment, but mind-boggled that there can be live video of a murder including the perp and the vehicle with NO new info over a year later! Crazy!

I think the suspect looks like a man the way they run away; most women don't run like that. If it is a woman, it's a very large woman. Does anyone know if there was any life insurance on Elizabeth?

I have never read anything about life insurance either way. Seems possible that a couple their age who both worked and were married and homeowners had some life insurance - but it hasn't been stated either way officially.

About the woman in the video, does anyone know how tall Elizabeth was? I am hoping that the police have figured out the height of the killer but who knows if the killer wore lifts in the shoes.

Also I wonder if Dateline and other shows have already begun their shows on this. It seems like they often begin filming before the outcome of a case and continue over time as the facts come out.

As frustrating as it is that it's been a year and a half, there sure are a lot of cases that took a very long time to get solved. I hope this case gets solved in the near future.

After 18 Months, Police Still Seek Clues on Who Fatally Shot ‘Star Wars’ Fan at Her Own Garage Sale

Elizabeth Barraza had taken the day off from her job as a data reporter for a pipeline inspection company. The plan was to have a garage sale so she and her husband Sergio would have extra money to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary at Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando.

A neighbor’s surveillance camera captured a 2013 or newer four-door black Nissan Frontier PRO-4X drive past Barraza’s Tomball, Texas home, before turning around and then parking one house away. A small-statured person with long hair or a wig, wearing a long trench-coat and boots, got out of the pick-up truck and approached Barraza in her driveway.

According to police, Barraza said "good morning" before the unknown suspect pulled out a gun. There was a brief conversation before Barraza was shot four times.

As she lay dying in her driveway, the suspect drove away, but then circled back and drove past the crime scene.

“I feel they contacted somebody and said, ‘Hey, the job’s done,’” Harris County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Michael Ritchie says in this week’s issue of PEOPLE. “And then that person said, ‘Are you sure?’ And they turned around and drove by the scene one more time.”

Barraza’s best friend Marci Shelley says much of her life was dedicated to helping friends and strangers.

After 18 Months, Police Still Seek Clues on Who Fatally Shot ‘Star Wars’ Fan at Her Own Garage Sale

Elizabeth Barraza had taken the day off from her job as a data reporter for a pipeline inspection company. The plan was to have a garage sale so she and her husband Sergio would have extra money to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary at Universal Studio’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando.

A neighbor’s surveillance camera captured a 2013 or newer four-door black Nissan Frontier PRO-4X drive past Barraza’s Tomball, Texas home, before turning around and then parking one house away. A small-statured person with long hair or a wig, wearing a long trench-coat and boots, got out of the pick-up truck and approached Barraza in her driveway.

According to police, Barraza said "good morning" before the unknown suspect pulled out a gun. There was a brief conversation before Barraza was shot four times.

As she lay dying in her driveway, the suspect drove away, but then circled back and drove past the crime scene.

“I feel they contacted somebody and said, ‘Hey, the job’s done,’” Harris County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Michael Ritchie says in this week’s issue of PEOPLE. “And then that person said, ‘Are you sure?’ And they turned around and drove by the scene one more time.”

Barraza’s best friend Marci Shelley says much of her life was dedicated to helping friends and strangers.

Well there's a little bit more information.

If Barraza said "good morning", as LE claims, she probably didn't know or recognize her killer. If it was someone she knew, you would think she'd greet them by name - "Hi ____!"

Who would have hired a "hit" person or contract killer?

Well there's a little bit more information.

If Barraza said "good morning", as LE claims, she probably didn't know or recognize her killer. If it was someone she knew, you would think she'd greet them by name - "Hi ____!"

Who would have hired a "hit" person or contract killer?

And who knew she would be off of work that day?

I agree this seemed to be maybe a murder-for-hire. But who would want this woman dead? By all accounts, she and her husband lived a pretty average life. I'm also assuming that any argument or fight they might have had with anyone leading up to this was probably mentioned by her husband and discussed with LE. Unless this was something only Elizabeth knew about.

I keep circling back to: who would know she was having a garage sale that day? Who would know the approximate time her husband would leave for work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow