Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Erika Andrea Gaytan is a missing 29-year-old woman from El Paso, Texas. The mother of a 7-year-old boy was last seen at a concert on July 13 or the early morning hours of July 14, authorities and her family say. She was at the concert at the El Paso County Coliseum on a date, according to her family.

Police have released few details about the case, but say that Gaytan is considered an endangered missing person. In a statement, the El Paso Police Department said, “specific details will not be released because doing so could hinder the investigation.”

Gaytan’s family, including the father of her son, have been helping to lead the efforts to find her, and have asked the public to help by coming forward with any information about her disappearance. El Paso Police said she was last seen in a white dress. She has shoulder-length brown hair, brown eyes, is about 5 foot 4 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has a piercing on her lower lip, police said."

Erika Andrea Gaytan Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
erika-gaytan.jpg

"Erika Andrea Gaytan is a missing 29-year-old woman from El Paso, Texas. The mother of a 7-year-old boy was last seen at a concert on July 13 or the early morning hours of July 14, authorities and her family say. She was at the concert at the El Paso County Coliseum on a date, according to her family.

Police have released few details about the case, but say that Gaytan is considered an endangered missing person. In a statement, the El Paso Police Department said, “specific details will not be released because doing so could hinder the investigation.”

Gaytan’s family, including the father of her son, have been helping to lead the efforts to find her, and have asked the public to help by coming forward with any information about her disappearance. El Paso Police said she was last seen in a white dress. She has shoulder-length brown hair, brown eyes, is about 5 foot 4 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has a piercing on her lower lip, police said."

erika-gaytan.jpg

Hey Past Tense, thanks for starting the thread for Erika. There is already a thread for her, below is the link. I’ll see if the mod can merge the two.

TX - TX - Erika Andrea Gaytan, 29, El Paso, 13/14 July 2019 *endangered*

Texas mom, 29, missing since concert is 'endangered,' police say

Erika Andrea Gaytan made several Facebook posts from the July 13 "El Reencuentro Norteno" concert at the El Paso County Coliseum, where she was last seen leaving late that night or early the next morning, investigators said.

Missing Texas Mom Is 'Endangered' After Vanishing After Date at Concert, Say Police

The 29-year-old had gone out on a date that night to a concert at the El Paso County Coliseum, according to her friends and family, reports El Paso TV station KVIA.

Posts to her Facebook page showed Gaytan was enjoying the “El Reencuentro Norteno” concert at the venue, from which she was seen leaving.

But her date, who has not been publicly named by police, said the pair went their separate ways at the Coliseum and Gaytan called for an Uber ride, according to KVIA.

She’s not been seen or heard from since.
=======================================================

According to NamUs, she was last seen leaving a boyfriends house "either walking or in an Uber" after an argument. According to the boyfriend. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Why the change in the story?

Could she have made those posts from the concert only visible to her friends? Perhaps they were not public posts so that is why we can't see them? Or is everything on fb public these days? It's been a long, long time since I was on fb...
She could have changed her settings from public to private after the 11th. Good point!

Thanks Blondie. I know I searched and came up with nothing. My guess is that I must have searched for "Gayton" with an "o" rather than "Gaytan" with an "a" as the last vowel.

Agreed, both accounts. Bad feeling indeed that she disappeared from a date, without the date.
Search is on for 'endangered' El Paso mom who disappeared after concert date

This article says the date claimed that she left in an Uber. Her family says she wouldn’t have if she was on a date. Is he lying or could the date have gone poorly and she left in an Uber? Could he have followed her home if she did take an Uber? It should be easy to find out if she did or did not take a ride in an Uber.
I hope the Uber thing will be easy to confirm -- Uber should have the location where the pick-up was made, and, assuming she asked to go to her home, that should be on the record, too, I would assume. So should the Uber driver, if indeed it was an Uber pick-up. Fake pick-ups can happen.
Unless the date was mistaken...
Not liking this. If she didn't have a child, I would be less worried.

More info on this would be so helpful. When they say “on a date” it makes me feel like she had just met this guy. NamUs clearly says boyfriend, but I really doubt that or his name would probably be out there. What concerns me is the text at 1:08 to a friend saying she was heading home - if she had an argument with this guy and left in foot or to call an uber, she would’ve elaborated via text or called her friend, because women like to vent. He could easily have sent that text.
This won’t end well, sadly.
BBM. If it was a text, it's not certain that it was her who sent it. Since both her and her boyfriend's addresses were published (the former in her missing poster and the latter in NamUs), I checked the distance on Google Maps: 2 miles. How likely is it that she would be walking home?

Attachments

• erika.jpg
    erika.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 22
BBM. If it was a text, it's not certain that it was her who sent it. Since both her and her boyfriend's addresses were published (the former in her missing poster and the latter in NamUs), I checked the distance on Google Maps: 2 miles. How likely is it that she would be walking home?

bbm
A big thanks for the map -- I love 'em!

First of all, let me say that I am pretty scrawny, but at heart, I am a big fat scaredy-cat. Two miles is a short distance for some folks, but at that hour, with a lot of folks coming out of the concert venue, and me with a beloved little boy at home, I would never, ever walk home at night. Not even 1/2 a mile. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Not a lot of information out there on this is there. Following and hoping for some more attention. Hoping for Erikas safe return.
Same here, but it's been so many days and she has that little boy at home.
Where is she? What would make her willingly not be at home with her son? Some false threat of danger to him? That's the thing that makes me shake and shiver.

And I'm doing the same -- following and hoping that she gets more attention. Sometimes people have seen something and don't think about it until it's pointed out to them again -- something on a flier, something on local news. A pretty young woman in a white dress would stand out, IMO...

bbm
A big thanks for the map -- I love 'em!

First of all, let me say that I am pretty scrawny, but at heart, I am a big fat scaredy-cat. Two miles is a short distance for some folks, but at that hour, with a lot of folks coming out of the concert venue, and me with a beloved little boy at home, I would never, ever walk home at night. Not even 1/2 a mile. But that's just me.

Yeah, no. Especially on the East Side. I might even be scared driving around there at night.

For all the missing persons out there---reform the Law. LE always says "there is nothing we can do until 48 hrs are past" That is exactly how many hours you have to follow fresh leads and possible find the victim or the perpetrator.
LE needs to make a judgement before that 48 hour window. If they think it could be the persons MO to disappear, just run a record search to see if the missing person has done this befor...and if not the Law needs to give them the right to begin immediately ...Listen to the families they know the missing person. If it seems wrong to them.....Well, their concers are most likely valid.
Too much time is lost in these cases and dead bodies are the result of of antiquaited laws.

Last edited:
Have the police held a press conference or given any updates? Are there any searches being organized? Anything about phone pings? It seems like nothing is going on.
The police are witholding some information, which could mean that they are exploring strong leads and don't need the public's help at this time:

Police told KVIA-TV on July 22 that they are following up on “multiple leads,” but did not release any other information because they do not want to jeopardize the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back