Found Deceased TX - Evan Lacey, 19, Arlington, 17 Dec 2019 *car found*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Kimpossible31

Reaction score
Arlington police: Missing 19-year-old may be in danger, car found under suspicious circumstances
Anyone with any information is asked to call 911 or, if they wish to remain anonymous, Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477.
LOCAL

Author: WFAA Staff
Published:1:24 PM CST December 22, 2019
Updated:1:24 PM CST December 22, 2019
An Arlington man missing since Tuesday may be in danger, according to police officials.

Evan Lacey, 19, was last seen Tuesday morning as he was leaving his home in Arlington to go to his job in Grand Prairie. He was driving a blue 2006 Dodge Magnum at the time, Arlington police said.

His family reported him missing to police on Thursday morning.

Fort Worth police officers then found the car on Saturday under what Arlington police described as suspicious circumstances on the 4200 block of South Hughes Avenue in Fort Worth.

Based on how the car was found, Arlington police officials said they believe Lacey could be in danger and are asking for the public's help to find him.

The two departments said they are working together to figure out what happened.

Lacey is about 6 feet tall, weighs about 180 to 200 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red jacket and gray sweatpants at his home on the 1500 block of Wolf Creek Drive, according to Arlington police.

Anyone with any information is asked to call 911 or, if they wish to remain anonymous, Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477. Diane Brown with Arlington police is the lead investigator and can be reached at 817-459-5316.

Arlington police: Missing 19-year-old may be in danger, car found under suspicious circumstances

Attachments

• 714DEB47-A28E-4D65-BEB7-6767B54BF166.jpeg
    714DEB47-A28E-4D65-BEB7-6767B54BF166.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 106
“I am afraid that he is in danger just by the mere fact that we live in Arlington and this is Fort Worth, and we haven’t heard from my son in days,” said Van Lacey, Evan Lacey's father.

Not sure what his Dad's comment implied. Arlington is very close to Ft Worth. Anyone have any ideas?

“I am afraid that he is in danger just by the mere fact that we live in Arlington and this is Fort Worth, and we haven’t heard from my son in days,” said Van Lacey, Evan Lacey's father.

Not sure what his Dad's comment implied. Arlington is very close to Ft Worth. Anyone have any ideas?
I think that it's because if Evan were headed to work in Grand Prairie he'd have no reason to go all the way to Ft. Worth. It's in the opposite direction and at least a 20 minute drive. Plus if he didn't really know anyone in that neighborhood it would be really strange to randomly find his car there. I'm wondering if there was blood found in the car or signs of a struggle? I hope against hope that he's okay.

I think that it's because if Evan were headed to work in Grand Prairie he'd have no reason to go all the way to Ft. Worth. It's in the opposite direction and at least a 20 minute drive. Plus if he didn't really know anyone in that neighborhood it would be really strange to randomly find his car there. I'm wondering if there was blood found in the car or signs of a struggle? I hope against hope that he's okay.

Thanks. I know nothing about the area, and I wondered.....

I have lived in GP and Arlington area recently for school. I also grew up in the area the car was found. Depending on the area of Arlington he lived in, I could see how he would make a quick stop in that area if he lived anywhere near Lake Arlington. If it is true that he went to the area to sell his car, things are not looking good.

Family of Missing Arlington Teen Begs for Answers
This is worrisome to say the least:

He said, 'Dad I'm off to work,' gave me a hug like he always does,” Van Lacey said. “And I said, 'Have a good day.’"

Lacey had started a temporary job recently working for a recycling company in Grand Prairie but it turns out he wasn't on the schedule the day he vanished.
So why would he say he’s going to work then??

Also:

His family says he had talked recently about selling his car – a blue 2006 Dodge Magnum -- and fear he could have met up with a stranger he found online.

Posted Sunday at 1:02 PM local time on the Arlington Police Department Facebook page:
“MISSING PERSON’S VEHICLE FOUND UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES

The Arlington Police Department responded to a report of a missing person on Thursday, December 19, 2019 around 9:09 a.m. in the 1500 block of Wolf Creek Drive. The family reported that their adult son was missing and last seen leaving their residence in Arlington on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 around 7 a.m. as he was headed to work. The missing person’s employer is in the City of Grand Prairie.

The missing person is identified as 19-year old Evan Deshaun Lacey, a black male approximately 6’00” tall and 180-200 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red jacket and gray sweatpants. Mr. Lacey was last seen driving a blue 2006 Dodge Magnum. The vehicle was located on Saturday, December 21, 2019 by the Fort Worth Police Department under suspicious circumstances in the 4200 block South Hughes Avenue in their city. At this time, the Arlington Police Department is working collaboratively together with the Fort Worth Police Department to determine if a crime has occurred. As additional information becomes available, it will be released. A recent photograph has been attached.

At the time the initial report was taken, there was no evidence that Mr. Lacey was in danger. Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mr. Lacey is asked to contact 9-1-1 or notify the Arlington or Fort Worth Police Departments. Tipsters can also remain anonymous by contacting Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS. Diane Brown is the lead investigator for the Arlington Police Department and can be reached at 817-459-5316.

Report # 2019-03530137”
Arlington Police Department

7D5B9DA5-A1D2-475C-B999-5FC7837D870E.jpeg

What are reasons a 19-year-old would say they are going to work when not on the schedule and go to another area not in the vicinity of their place of employment?

1. To sell a car (as was alluded to as a possibility from parents).

2. Tinder hookup (or other social media hookup).

3. Purchase of drugs.

4. Ideas to self harm.

5. Just needing a change of scenery.

I'm leaning towards #2.

What are reasons a 19-year-old would say they are going to work when not on the schedule and go to another area not in the vicinity of their place of employment?

1. To sell a car (as was alluded to as a possibility from parents).

2. Tinder hookup (or other social media hookup).

3. Purchase of drugs.

4. Ideas to self harm.

5. Just needing a change of scenery.

I'm leaning towards #2.

I'm leaning towards 1. But if his parents knew he intended to sell his car why would he say he was going to work instead unless they didn't think it was a good idea to sell it for whatever reason.

Police found some type of evidence in his car that alludes to him being in danger but they haven't released any info relating to what they found. I wonder if his phone was in the car..if it rang before it died they should be able to ping it right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213
Back