TX - Five dead, including 8 yr old, in Cleveland home, suspect armed with AR-15 style rifle, active investigation, 28 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Reaction score
Five people are dead after being shot in a home by a suspect armed with AR-15 style rifle, police say.

The incident occurred at approximately 11:31 p.m. local time when officials from the San Jacinto County Sheriff’s Office received a call about harassment in Cleveland, Texas -- a small town located about 55 miles north of Houston.

But when authorities arrived at the location they found several victims shot at the property, police said.

The youngest victim in the shooting was 8-years-old and two female victims were discovered in the bedroom lying on top of two surviving children, authorities told ABC News.

The suspect is a Mexican male armed with an AR-15 style rifle and is intoxicated, authorities say. They are looking for a Hispanic male who is approximately 5’8” tall who was last seen wearing blue jeans with a black shirt and work boots and is described as having short black hair.

“The Mexican male subject, he has been known to shoot his 223 out in his front yard, which is evident by the shell casings that are laying in the front yard,” said the San Jacinto County Sheriff’s Office.

At least 10 people were in the home when police arrived on scene and all of the victims were between the ages of eight and 40-years-old.

Locals in the Cleveland, Texas, area are being told to “stay inside [and] stay clear” of the crime scene until the investigation has concluded.

Five people — including an 8-year-old — were shot dead with an AR-15 style rifle at a southeast Texas home by an allegedly drunk man, authorities said.

The victims ranged in age from 8 to 40 years old, and they’re all from Honduras.

Last edited:
APRIL. 29, 2023
''CLEVELAND, Texas — A Texas man went next door with a rifle and began shooting his neighbors, killing an 8-year-old and four others inside the house, after the family asked him to stop firing rounds in his yard because they were trying to sleep, authorities said Saturday.

What You Need To Know

• A Texas man went next door with a rifle and began shooting his neighbors, killing an 8-year-old and four others inside the house, according to officials
  • San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers said authorities were still searching for the 39-year-old suspect
  • Capers said there were 10 people in the house and that no one else was injured
  • The U.S. is setting a record pace for mass killings in 2023

San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers said authorities were still searching for the 39-year-old suspect following the overnight shooting in the town of Cleveland, about 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of Houston. He said the suspect, whom he did not identify, used an AR-style rifle in the shooting.
Capers said there were 10 people in the house and that no one else was injured. He said two of the victims, all believed to be from Honduras, were found laying over two children inside.
“The Honduran ladies that were laying over these children were doing it in such an effort as to protect the child,” Capers said.''

The confrontation followed family members walking up to the fence and asking the suspect to stop shooting rounds, Capers said. The suspect responded by telling them that it was his property, according to Capers, and that one person in the house got a video of the suspect walking up to the front door with the rifle.

Three of the victims were women and one was a man. Their names were not released. Capers said the victims were between the ages of 8 and about 40 years old.

Authorities have previously been to the suspect’s home, according to Capers. “Deputies have come over and spoke with him about him shooting his gun in the yard,” he said.

Capers said some of those in the house had just moved from Houston earlier in the week, but he did not know whether they were planning to stay there.

Last edited:
Thank you imstilla.grandma. One wonders what kept the police from hauling this guy off to jail long before now.

"Authorities have previously been to the suspect's home, according to Capers. “Deputies have come over and spoke with him about him shooting his gun in the yard,” he said.

1682780100543.png
The suspect's home next door. He had been shooting in his yard when at 11.30pm and his neighbors asked him to stop so they could get their baby to sleep

View attachment 418073
The suspect's home next door. He had been shooting in his yard when at 11.30pm and his neighbors asked him to stop so they could get their baby to sleep
He was shooting in his yard at 11:30pm??? Unless there is a massive backyard, that front yard hardly looks big enough & private enough to be used for target/practice shooting, not to mention it looks to be in a residential neighborhood.

Thank you imstilla.grandma. One wonders what kept the police from hauling this guy off to jail long before now.

"Authorities have previously been to the suspect's home, according to Capers. “Deputies have come over and spoke with him about him shooting his gun in the yard,” he said.

Good question. Maybe because it’s Texas? Is it legal there? In my state, you can’t shoot a gun in the city limits unless it’s at a range.

“The victims, they came over to the fence said, ‘Hey, could you mind not shooting out in the yard. We have a young baby that is trying to go sleep,’” Capers said.

The suspect, who had been drinking, responded, “I’ll do what I want to in my front yard.”

A doorbell camera at the home of the victims at some point captured the suspect approaching with his rifle, Capers said.

Good question. Maybe because it’s Texas? Is it legal there? In my state, you can’t shoot a gun in the city limits unless it’s at a range.
Haha! I am not aware of any city in the United States, where it is legal to randomly discharge a weapon in a residential neighborhood or even within city limits. I've lived in Texas, all of my life and I've never known anyone who would think this is okay. Of course, I don't hang out with criminals so ...

There was that man who was shot dead for using a leaf blower in the past couple of days. I hate leaf blowers and applaud communities that ban the loud, gas-powered ones, but really? We kill each other over these things?

We stand at over 170 mass killings in the US since January. Possibly a world record.

IMO.

''Although it is thought the shooter has left the county, the sheriff's office continued to urge residents to stay at home.
Neighbour Veronica Pineda said she heard the shooting, but that the sound of gunfire was a regular occurrence: "It's normal, in this neighbourhood they're always shooting.
They're always calling the cops and there's nothing done for that.

"So yesterday I heard the shooting but I thought it was, like, a normal day. I never thought this was happening."
The incident came days after nine people were injured at a shooting during teenagers' party in western Texas.
Two weeks ago four young people were shot dead during a 16th birthday party in Alabama.
Firearm incidents are the top cause of death for US children and teenagers, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.''

Haha! I am not aware of any city in the United States, where it is legal to randomly discharge a weapon in a residential neighborhood or even within city limits. I've lived in Texas, all of my life and I've never known anyone who would think this is okay. Of course, I don't hang out with criminals so ...
<modsnip> Nobody complained because they did not want the police there. IMHO 10 people living in one house, <modsnip> the shooter has perhaps "left the country" ... sad sad

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper