Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree-
I just watched this on American Justice today. I was going to write a long post on what I thought but changed my mind. I will only say that Rusty makes me want to puke.:furious:
I dont wish her or her child any harm- but what fricking moron would marry him to begin with? that concerns me, as far as she goes with pregnancies-

Wonder if he plans to turn Laura into a breeding machine like he did Andrea, and will she let him?

So sorry you had to live through this sherri. ((hugs)):blowkiss:
thank you kindly hun but do not feel to bad for me. i did survive. i met a man who has a family as screwed up as mine and together we swore to create a better life. our children have never suffered the way we did. we are proof that there is hope for children born to parents unworthy of the title. i hope some day rusty's new child will be able to say that. despite rusty's many short comings i pray his child will find a path of happiness.

I believe Andrea is where she should be and Rusty is enjoying freedom and parenthood when he should not be. I have never thought Rusty was just a victim in this. So terribly sad.
I also believe if the genders were reversed Andrea would be on death row.

I believe Andrea is where she should be and Rusty is enjoying freedom and parenthood when he should not be. I have never thought Rusty was just a victim in this. So terribly sad.
I also believe if the genders were reversed Andrea would be on death row.
I don't. I think her problems were so self evident and the fact that no one would heed the doctor speaks very much what was going on in her life. When you can't bathe yourself and people attest to this then you have no business raising children. When you sit and stare at the TV all day and disregard all around you this is a huge cry for mental help intervention. All those around her failed to help and the children were victims of an out of control mentally disturbed woman.

Andrea should never be able to be in the midst of society as her issues are far beyond control. But, there are others who are more culpable than she as they watched it unfold. They didn't do anything to protect the children.

This is a tough case....no doubt.But responsibility lies with those who should have acted responsibly and didn't. There is no church or doctrine that says let the children suffer the consequences of the parents.

Sorry for the bold stance but I don't see this as anything other than lack of responsibility for those who were aware of her condition. This does not include the doctor as he told the family and they chose NOT to act on his advise.

I just watched this on American Justice today. I was going to write a long post on what I thought but changed my mind. I will only say that Rusty makes me want to puke.:furious:
I didn't watch AJ, but I agree he makes me want to puke, too. Just seeing his name on this thread made me hope that he felt enough guilt to finally jump off a cliff or something and instead I find he is driving a hot car with a new wife. :sick: :banghead:

I wish people would stop torturing this poor man. He obviously LOVED his wife & children and was a positive thinker-- who never give up hope that his wife would be well and normal. And he OBVIOUSLY was not secretly hoping that his wife would kill their children.....!!! It's not like he could predict the future and certainly was not expecting or thinking that the absolute worst scenario would happen....
If he could go back and forsee the future he obviously would NOT have left his wife alone with the kids, now would he? Surely he has gone through enough hell beating himself up with the 'what ifs' of the situation. God, it's not like he drove drunk and killed a bunch of people or beat his children to death or starved them. Leave the guy alone already. He's trying to live his life and do the right thing and he has every right to have a family... he seemed like a great dad, and he deserves the chance to do it again.

Remember that Andrea was not some helpless victim who was kept at home with a gun to her head. If she REALLY wanted to have more of a life outside the home, she should have SAID SO and maybe they could have come to a compromise. But there are plenty of women who DO want to stay home, and plenty of men who want wives like that... and there's nothing wrong with that if that's what they both want. So people need to get a clue and quit judging this guy. What's done is done and it's too late for that.... hindsight is 20/20.

That being said.. sure there may have been some denial involved.. no one wants to believe their spouse is seriously mentally ill, and he hoped that being with her children and being at home would help her be well. He probably did not know, or did not WANT to understand,, the extent of her illness. Also, she seemed fine sometimes. Mental illness can be very mercurial. So give Rusty a break. He did not intentionally wish any harm to his children!!

I wish people would stop torturing this poor man".

I don't think anyone is torturing him, he seems to be doing just fine.l

"Remember that Andrea was not some helpless victim who was kept at home with a gun to her head. If she REALLY wanted to have more of a life outside the home, she should have SAID SO and maybe they could have come to a compromise. But there are plenty of women who DO want to stay home, and plenty of men who want wives like that..."

I think this is an unbelievably simplistic view of the situation. Andrea had SEVERE mental illness, not just I am bored at home and need to get a hobby for goodness sake! To suggest that she should have just told Rusty that she needed to get out more is to have no understanding of the nature of mental illness. She was not able to care for herself, was told by her doctor not to have any more children prior to getting pregnant for the last time due to the debilitating nature of her post partum depression. I think it was obvious to Rusty that she was mentally ill, but I will agree with you that he was probably in denial and minimized the risks to her or the children.

I am not saying at all that I think Rusty intended for his children to die, but the fact is THEY DID,

I wish people would stop torturing this poor man. He obviously LOVED his wife & children and was a positive thinker-- who never give up hope that his wife would be well and normal. And he OBVIOUSLY was not secretly hoping that his wife would kill their children.....!!! It's not like he could predict the future and certainly was not expecting or thinking that the absolute worst scenario would happen....
If he could go back and forsee the future he obviously would NOT have left his wife alone with the kids, now would he? Surely he has gone through enough hell beating himself up with the 'what ifs' of the situation. God, it's not like he drove drunk and killed a bunch of people or beat his children to death or starved them. Leave the guy alone already. He's trying to live his life and do the right thing and he has every right to have a family... he seemed like a great dad, and he deserves the chance to do it again.

Remember that Andrea was not some helpless victim who was kept at home with a gun to her head. If she REALLY wanted to have more of a life outside the home, she should have SAID SO and maybe they could have come to a compromise. But there are plenty of women who DO want to stay home, and plenty of men who want wives like that... and there's nothing wrong with that if that's what they both want. So people need to get a clue and quit judging this guy. What's done is done and it's too late for that.... hindsight is 20/20.

That being said.. sure there may have been some denial involved.. no one wants to believe their spouse is seriously mentally ill, and he hoped that being with her children and being at home would help her be well. He probably did not know, or did not WANT to understand,, the extent of her illness. Also, she seemed fine sometimes. Mental illness can be very mercurial. So give Rusty a break. He did not intentionally wish any harm to his children!!

I am glad he wasn't the father of my children. And I am glad that I had the mental capabilities not to be subject to that. Denial is not a good thing no matter what side of the fence you choose to be on. The signs are evident for any family that has seen this and the fact that denial is present is no excuse for responsibility to take care of and heed this. I know this first hand. But, sometimes it takes a tragedy to get the gears in motion. He was an educated man not a hillbilly that couldn't see. Jeez, if one can't bathe themselves don't you think there is a problem?

a man leaves his kids alone with a unstable person and they all die. the man is warned by doctors that the person is unstable. the man can see and probably smell for himself that the person has sunk to the point of no longer even bathing. the man is so aware of the problem he has his mother come over because the unstable person can not take care of herself much less 5 children. this man is not a neglectful parent when he leaves the children with this unstable person but is a positive thinker?

as a housewife that enjoys staying home with the children all day i will admit i ask for time away sometimes. i am not legally insane so it tends to be pretty easy to tell my husband i need a break. if i heard voices i may have a hard time letting hubby know when i felt overwhelmed.

luckily i married a man that might want me to be healthy but would not use that as a excuse to ignore signs i was a danger to myself or my kids.

I am glad he wasn't the father of my children. And I am glad that I had the mental capabilities not to be subject to that. Denial is not a good thing no matter what side of the fence you choose to be on. The signs are evident for any family that has seen this and the fact that denial is present is no excuse for responsibility to take care of and heed this. I know this first hand. But, sometimes it takes a tragedy to get the gears in motion. He was an educated man not a hillbilly that couldn't see. Jeez, if one can't bathe themselves don't you think there is a problem?
:clap: :clap: :clap:

i have to wonder how many women deny the abuse their boyfriends deliver on the children. then i read the crime forums and i get a idea. denial can not be a excuse.

IMO, Rusty Yates is a jackazz who should have been locked up for neglecting his wife's illness, making her and 4 children live in a bus, and being the ultimate control freak.

I feel sorry for his 'bride'.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Philamena. Rusty is the ultimate control freak. He orchestrated her mental destruction as if he were a puppeteer and she were there to only serve him and continually bang out babies for his overblown ego. The junk he filled her head with, the living conditions, and everything he did is despicable...yet here he is free to start over without a care in the world and no children to support! Of course, he is driving a hot car!! He feels he has no culpability in what happened before and the world owes him because his children are dead.

Thank you, SeriouslySearching.
You and I see him the same way. I still to this day feel sorry for not only the precious children, but Andrea too.

I wouldn't say I feel that sorry for Andrea because she did kill them and she did things to make me believe she knew it was wrong, but I do blame Rusty for his role in their deaths.

I understand why you feel that way.
I feel sorry for her because she was psychotic. I suffered from postpartum depression with my first child. It was terrible. I can only imagine what postpartum psychosis feels like.

Rusty Yates was not great husband. But I recently watch a documentary on this case and Andrea Yates constantly chose to discontinue the medication that were treatments for her condition. I also saw a taped interview of her where she says she felt her kids were too badly behaved, and mentioned that they were sometimes rude to their grandmother. How she could ever speak badly of her poor kids she that she had drowned make me sick to watch. She is no innocent victim in this either.

I should have read this thread better!! I didn't realize he had a new SON!! :eek: :furious: SOB doesn't waste any time, does he?!

We didn't know the baby was a little boy until your post. He has been married two years already, and it's been almost 7 since the murders of his other children. :(

Philamena is right, Rusty is a giant control freak. He kept Andrea isolated.

Andrea was a high-achieving, perfectionist, (nurse RN) well-educated beautiful woman (you should see the photos of her "before.") who wanted to raise the perfect family.

They didn't even go to church, where Andrea would have met other home-schooling mothers and had social interaction. She would have been able to see that her children were "normal."

That she didn't was part of her mental illness. She thought the cartoon characters were talking to her!

Andrea didn't discontinue the meds on her own, her doctor took her off Haldol. A nurse friend who was still trying to help came to see her and told Rusty that Andrea was very, very sick and she needed to be hospitalized.

And then it happened.

I can't stand the sight of his smug face.

Rusty Yates was not great husband. But I recently watch a documentary on this case and Andrea Yates constantly chose to discontinue the medication that were treatments for her condition. I also saw a taped interview of her where she says she felt her kids were too badly behaved, and mentioned that they were sometimes rude to their grandmother. How she could ever speak badly of her poor kids she that she had drowned make me sick to watch. She is no innocent victim in this either.

Did not see this documentary so I cannot comment on her comments, however, I can comment that patient non compliance with anti psychotic meds is a huge issue! Once the patient stops having psychotic episodes he or she often fails to continue medication either because of side effects or due to the false belief that they are cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow