TX - Five Yates children drowned, Houston, 20 June 2001 *Insanity*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to his website he has for the kids and Andrea's case a couple times, it's very sad, all the pics of the beautiful children they had and then to know the horror of their deaths. It was absolutely heart breaking what happened to this family. I do think people are much more aware of Post Partum Depression and Psychosis because of this case, and what can happen if proper treatment isn't given.

www.yateskids.org

http://www.yatescase.org/
They were beautiful kids. :(

I wonder if he is going to make the new wife and kid live on a bus? :waitasec: Ok sorry, bad joke. The guy irritates me. I can't exactly say why either. It's more like a combo. of things I guess...
i can say why he more than irritates me. if you are insane we do not expect you to know right from wrong. if you are insane we do not expect you to protect your children from yourself. rusty was sane. i expect him to have protected his wife and children from her mental illness.

I completely agree deanws!
He should share the responsibility for the tragic deaths of his children.
I feel bad for his mom. She cried and cried during her testimony. I think she still suffers from the guilt of all of this. :( She seems like a sweet person.

i can say why he more than irritates me. if you are insane we do not expect you to know right from wrong. if you are insane we do not expect you to protect your children from yourself. rusty was sane. i expect him to have protected his wife and children from her mental illness.
I am right there with you sherri. :( Also, he made them live on a bus!!! He had a great job. There was no reason for this. :( It was only the question of the kids/Andrea's safety when raised by the treating doctor that made him buy the house for them to live in.

I'm bothered that Rusty has gone on with his life. I wish his new wife and child only the best.

Deanws, I agree with what you said. I also hope he has trouble sleeping at night.

He is partly responsible for his children's deaths and nothing I have ever seen on this case suggests that he takes any of the blame. :furious:

I remember watching the news after Andrea's first trial. After they read the verdict, Rusty put his head down "sobbing", then would put his head back up occasionally. It was my opinion that he was making sure the spotlight was on him. :furious:

I have zero respect for this man. I can't call him a father. He failed his wife and children.

I am right there with you sherri. :( Also, he made them live on a bus!!! He had a great job. There was no reason for this. :( It was only the question of the kids/Andrea's safety when raised by the treating doctor that made him buy the house for them to live in.
yet even after speaking with the doctor he walked out the door that morning and left her alone with the children. i will never understand how we can expect the courts to hold the insane person up to resonable standerds of care yet let the sane person that created the danger walk away. i am sure he suffered with the loss of his children yet here he is moving on with his life. he has a new wife and now a child. 5 kids died in part due to his neglect and he gets to move on with his life. andrea will never move on completely. as they have treated her illness she is forced to face what she has done with a clear mind and that is causing a whole new set of issues for her. (if it was me i would not want treatment. for god's sake dont make me well so i can live with the hooror of killing my children)

I am sure he does blame himself. He either ignored or denied or just plain was apathetic to her being ill. He endangered his kids by leaving them with their mother. He knows all of that, he has to. The thoughts that run through his head and the grief of losing those kids and the role he played in it haunt him daily and I am sure that is punishment enough. I wish him the best and wish his new family joy and happiness.

I always thought he was responsible for not realizing, or not acknowledging how ill she was, and thus partially responsible for the children's deaths. And then he just washed his hands of her....

IMO He deserves to be in jail with her. He KNEW she was unstable, yet he left her home alone with the children. The doctors told Rusty that she SHOULD NOT have more children, yet he pressured her to do so. He bears some of the responsibility of what happened to his children. I hope he has trouble sleeping at night.

I so agree-
I think this is one of the very few cases=I have felt he was more or as guilty as the person who actually did the killing-
this was not something that just happened overnight- or a person that just snapped- this was awhile in the making- and he had to have seen it- I think it is sickening he is able to produce more children- cant wait till he has to explain the old childrens demise to his new ones---I feel very very sorry for any new children

I am sure he does blame himself. He either ignored or denied or just plain was apathetic to her being ill. He endangered his kids by leaving them with their mother. He knows all of that, he has to. The thoughts that run through his head and the grief of losing those kids and the role he played in it haunt him daily and I am sure that is punishment enough. I wish him the best and wish his new family joy and happiness.
i can only base my feelings on my life. in my life those that have allowed true evil to harm their children live under 1 motto. deny deny deny. ask my mother why she would allow my father to hit us and it is not her fault. she could not help us because she was too scared. ask her why she left me with my grandfather after i told her how he liked to touch me and it is not her fault. she could not afford a home large enough for us and her boyfriend only had room for her at his home, at least my grandfather could afford to support me. ask my aunt why she allowed all 5 of her children to suffer sexual abuse at the hands of her drug dealers and it is not her fault. drugs clouded her thinking, blame the drugs not her.

without proof he is haunted with guilt i do not see it. i only see a man that has moved on. i do not think guilt is a true punishment for someone i see as allowing his 5 innocent children to die. i do hope his new wife and child have a good life. i wish no pain on them.

I'm bothered that Rusty has gone on with his life. I wish his new wife and child only the best.

Deanws, I agree with what you said. I also hope he has trouble sleeping at night.

He is partly responsible for his children's deaths and nothing I have ever seen on this case suggests that he takes any of the blame. :furious:

I remember watching the news after Andrea's first trial. After they read the verdict, Rusty put his head down "sobbing", then would put his head back up occasionally. It was my opinion that he was making sure the spotlight was on him. :furious:

I have zero respect for this man. I can't call him a father. He failed his wife and children.

Well said! I completely agree - especially with the part I bolded.

ETA - what always gets me in this case is she's too sick to bathe and would go weeks to the point her hair would be all matted, etc., but yet he still wants to have sex with her getting her pregnant with Mary. :eek: How the heck can you want to have sex with someone who's filthy, stinky, etc??? :sick: I couldn't do it. Then again, no spouse of mine would ever get to that point. They'd be clean if I had to tie them down to do it daily. And, HELLO, if she can't take care of herself, how is she going to take care of another child???

I also feel he had a large part in what happened.
Now what I would like to know is does he have plans for his wife to get pregnant again soon so he can get several children as quick as possible? Or has he learned something and not plan on more than 1 or 2?

Here where I live I see so many young women with large families, 1 of my neighbors has so many children I'm still not clear on how many there are, maybe 7, plus she runs a daycare out of her home. So there's no break for her to have any type of life away from the home. I feel sorry for her, I have never seen her with a smile on her face, her life seems to be filled with work morning til night with no rest or relaxing. They're distant with us and I can only assume it's because we are not in their church. The husband leaves in the morning and comes home in the evening knowing everything is being taken care of and that really bugs me, maybe I'd feel differently about it if I ever saw him out doing something in the yard or doing something with the kids but it all seems to fall on her.

VB

. andrea will never move on completely. as they have treated her illness she is forced to face what she has done with a clear mind and that is causing a whole new set of issues for her. (if it was me i would not want treatment. for god's sake dont make me well so i can live with the hooror of killing my children)
Yes, I would feel the same way. I wouldn't want to get well so I would have to face myself day after day. I am sure she will never be able to live with the memories for very long. I feel sure that we will read that she killed herself one day. It is all so sad. Mental illness is heartbreaking for the one with it, as well as the whole family. :(

i can only base my feelings on my life. in my life those that have allowed true evil to harm their children live under 1 motto. deny deny deny. ask my mother why she would allow my father to hit us and it is not her fault. she could not help us because she was too scared. ask her why she left me with my grandfather after i told her how he liked to touch me and it is not her fault. she could not afford a home large enough for us and her boyfriend only had room for her at his home, at least my grandfather could afford to support me. ask my aunt why she allowed all 5 of her children to suffer sexual abuse at the hands of her drug dealers and it is not her fault. drugs clouded her thinking, blame the drugs not her.

without proof he is haunted with guilt i do not see it. i only see a man that has moved on. i do not think guilt is a true punishment for someone i see as allowing his 5 innocent children to die. i do hope his new wife and child have a good life. i wish no pain on them.
So sorry you had to live through this sherri. ((hugs)):blowkiss:

Don't really have alot to add, but I also have a hard time with Rusty. This may sound petty but it ticks me off to see the wedding pictures of him getting in to the hot red corvette with his new bride. I always think immediately of him making Andrea live in a school bus, burns me up!:furious:

Don't really have alot to add, but I also have a hard time with Rusty. This may sound petty but it ticks me off to see the wedding pictures of him getting in to the hot red corvette with his new bride. I always think immediately of him making Andrea live in a school bus, burns me up!:furious:

Yep, being local, that didn't sit well with lots of folks around here.

I just watched this on American Justice today. I was going to write a long post on what I thought but changed my mind. I will only say that Rusty makes me want to puke.:furious:

Wonder if he plans to turn Laura into a breeding machine like he did Andrea, and will she let him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member