Found Alive TX - Fort Cavazos Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, Killeen, declared AWOL in March, last seen by wife after argument, 15 May 2023 *wife dies a week later*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.amarillo.com

Fort Cavazos soldier originally from Amarillo reported missing

According to a news release, Spc. Craig Chamberlain, assigned to the 704th Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company, 79th Ordnance Battalion, was last reported seen leaving his home in Killeen around 6 p.m. Monday and has not been seen since. His chain of command and his family have been unable to contact him since then.

According to media reports, Chamberlain is originally from the Amarillo area.

Chamberlain is described as white with brown hair, hazel eyes, 5-foot-7 and weighs 156 pounds. Reportedly, he was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and gym shorts.

Army confirms Fort Cavazos soldier's disappearance as family demands answers

Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, was leaving his home around 6 p.m. in Killeen on Monday but was recently declared AWOL in March, an Army spokesperson confirmed to 25 News.

www.kwtx.com

Missing Fort Cavazos soldier last seen leaving Killeen home on May 15

• CC said she last saw her husband that Monday after they had an argument. His chain of command and his family have been unable to contact him since then.
  • “I believe, absolutely 100 percent, the depression had played a huge role in it,” CC said, “I also believe that he’s in grave danger, if he’s still alive.”
  • Craig has two distinct tattoos. One on his right arm has the “Love, Death, and Robots” logo. He also has a tattoo of a unicorn on his shoulder.
  • III Armored Corps said it has initiated an “Absence Status Unknown” (AUN) case for Chamberlain, and is working closely with the Army Criminal Investigation Division, and local law enforcement agencies, to locate him.

I find it interesting that his parents claim that the source of the depression claims is not a reliable source... but go on to mention there are other underlying issues that need to be looked into further.

Also, as a side note, Fort Cavazos was Fort Hood (where there have been several missing etc. soldiers in the past several years) until very recently.

They can change the name of the base all they want. It won't change the fact that some seriously horrible things have gone on there. IMO they should just shut that base down and start fresh. I hope this young man is ok. I know the military can be very hard for some people. They aren't mentally equipped to handle what all comes with signing up for the military life.

They can change the name of the base all they want. It won't change the fact that some seriously horrible things have gone on there. IMO they should just shut that base down and start fresh. I hope this young man is ok. I know the military can be very hard for some people. They aren't mentally equipped to handle what all comes with signing up for the military life.
I agree with you which is why I wanted to point out that it's the same place. I feel like those who are not familiar with the area may not be aware of that and may not make the connection. The connection should be made because it just highlights that this base continues to experience issues. I know that the situation with this individual may not be related and could happen at any base, but still...

The same base Vanessa Guillen was taken from. So many soldiers dead under odd circumstances. I think one of the head officers was running a prostitution ring out of there. All kinds of completely bonkers crap. They don't seem to care about the negative publicity either. It's crazy.

I am local to where his parents live. This not going to end well, Im afraid.

Reading this article, does anyone know who is making the false claims? Are they referring to his wife? The military?

Gordon Chamberlain and Virginia Chamberlain say the information being shared in this case are not all factual, and this is getting in the way of the actual investigation.

“Let us be very clear, the reports of why Craig has been depressed and did not report to Korea is not coming from a reliable source. That person has been hindering the case with inconsistencies and different stories, refusing help that was offered in the search of our son. Why, we do not know,” the parents said in a statement.

I am local to where his parents live. This not going to end well, Im afraid.

Reading this article, does anyone know who is making the false claims? Are they referring to his wife? The military?

Gordon Chamberlain and Virginia Chamberlain say the information being shared in this case are not all factual, and this is getting in the way of the actual investigation.

“Let us be very clear, the reports of why Craig has been depressed and did not report to Korea is not coming from a reliable source. That person has been hindering the case with inconsistencies and different stories, refusing help that was offered in the search of our son. Why, we do not know,” the parents said in a statement.
The first few articles about his disappearance, quote his wife, CC: I believe, absolutely 100 percent, the depression had played a huge role in it,” CC said, “I also believe that he’s in grave danger, if he’s still alive."

Pure speculation on my part, but I think his parents are referring to her. I didn't necessarily see anywhere where the military made any claims about the status of his mental health.

Fort Cavazos: Soldier missing since Monday

"Chamberlain's wife, Cam Chamberlain, told 6 News that the Army CID has 30 to 40 people actively searching for her husband. But, she continues to worry and wonder where her husband is... still with no answers.

"I wake him up on Monday to go do some errands and it's like something just flipped. A switch just flipped with him," Cam Chamberlain said.

A typical Monday of going to the bank and running errands, turned into a nightmare for this military wife.

"After three days of not hearing from him and then not being able to ping his cell phone and then finding out he is AWOL, those were when the alarm bells started ringing that my husband is probably in danger right now," Cam Chamberlain said.

Chamberlain was last reported seen leaving his home in Killeen around 6 P.M. on Monday, May 15th.
But, his unusual behavior reportedly started months before.

"Since February or March, he has been completely AWOL," said Chamberlain. "Nobody has had any contact with him from the army. I don't see how a soldier just disappears for months on end from the army and them not have any explanation."

Chamberlain says that her husband has continued to struggle with his mental health on post.

"I am worried that he's in danger because about two weeks ago he told me he was experimenting with drugs because he hated Fort Cavazos," Chamberlain said. "He hated the leadership and everything. He was using that to cope."

Who is the last person who saw him? Was it his wife? Was he captured on any cameras in the area?

What kind of flip switched in him, per her account? What was the fight about? Did he leave in the midst of it, or was it after and he went out to cool down?

Per his FB page, there is no relationship info to show, but his page looks to be pretty locked up. His wife is easily found, also pretty locked up. Looks like they've been married since October 2020.

The same base Vanessa Guillen was taken from. So many soldiers dead under odd circumstances. I think one of the head officers was running a prostitution ring out of there. All kinds of completely bonkers crap. They don't seem to care about the negative publicity either. It's crazy.
I'm sorry but who was running a prostitution ring?

How do you just shut down the largest military base in the country?

Who is the last person who saw him? Was it his wife? Was he captured on any cameras in the area?

What kind of flip switched in him, per her account? What was the fight about? Did he leave in the midst of it, or was it after and he went out to cool down?

Per his FB page, there is no relationship info to show, but his page looks to be pretty locked up. His wife is easily found, also pretty locked up. Looks like they've been married since October 2020.
All excellent questions to which we, unfortunately, don't have answers. The circulating missing poster mentions he left without his keys and has no working cell phone, either.

These people....

ETA:

These are a couple of enlisted guys, not "head officers" of the base.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin
Back