TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be just another one of those pesky little details that because LE hasn't said what exact time she left work - she doesn't have to talk about it. And it could be one of those things that "the family hasn't been forthcoming" with.

The way that reads - BD confirmed that INDEED DD pounded on the door and nobody would let him in.

Unless she was there - she could not CONFIRM that he INDEED did this. She could state that DD TOLD HER that - just like DD TOLD CD about it. Hearing about something and CONFIRMING that something in my book are two distinct things.

Sadly.... *sigh* just another one of those pesky details...

Could be just another one of those pesky little details that because LE hasn't said what exact time she left work - she doesn't have to talk about it. And it could be one of those things that "the family hasn't been forthcoming" with.

The way that reads - BD confirmed that INDEED DD pounded on the door and nobody would let him in.

Unless she was there - she could not CONFIRM that he INDEED did this. She could state that DD TOLD HER that - just like DD TOLD CD about it. Hearing about something and CONFIRMING that something in my door are two distinct things.

I truly do think it's one of those things that LE will not tell us and of course neither will Billie...Isn't it strange though that we do know what time SA went to work and that he turn around and left..but we don't know BD's timeline, other than what she has said..LE is keeping that awful quiet and I can't help but wonder why if there is no reason not to ..

But there is no direct quote from CD either. Shouldn't LE have gotten the story directly from DD?

Yep, clear as mud.
:banghead:

I feel sure they did...but we have to remember that there is much more this incident..and the only reason we saw what we did was because it was used as probable cause for the warrants...they can leave parts out, and only want to use just what they need to get the warrants and no more...we want to know more..but LE does not want us to, lol!

You know it's time for bed when your own posts are the last 3 or 4 in a row...Nite all, I'm going to go lay down and probably run this thru my head about a million times...

Unless she was there - she could not CONFIRM that he INDEED did this. She could state that DD TOLD HER that - just like DD TOLD CD about it. Hearing about something and CONFIRMING that something in my book are two distinct things.

What is there to be forthcoming about regarding when BD left work? How could LE not know that? They can get the info from where BD works to verify her answer. This is what I find so frustrating. IF LE hasn't released basic info like this and they say "family is not forthcoming" then it leaves everyone to assume BD lied or refused to answer. What purpose does that serve?

Wait a minute!! Wasn't there OUTRAGE when LE 1st treated this as a runaway?? Billie INSISTING it couldn't be true?? Well....what changed, Billie?? Failed poly and love of your life named a suspect?? NOW you say no evidence of foul play. What does that leave?? Runaway. How convenient. :innocent::sick:

Elizabeth Smart - abducted, not murdered

Shawn and Ben - abducted, not murdered

Jaycee Dugard - abducted, not murdered

When Billie says "foul play" she is referring to murder, death. She is saying there is no evidence of foul play, so Hailey could still be alive out there.

She isn't saying she wasn't abducted. That isn't her definition of foul play.

She just doesn't want people to get stuck on the idea that Shawn (or someone else) killed Hailey and stop looking for Hailey alive.

I cannot disagree with her, regardless of my opinion of her.

When we stop looking for missing children before there is proof they are dead... we are going to ensure that far more end up that way.

Most people wrote Elizabeth Smart off when cops decided Richard did it. If people are convinced Hailey has been killed by Shawn, they are going to ignore it if they think they see her walking down the street.

Shawn may be guilty, cops may be right. But they were wrong with Elizabeth.

How many people here are still looking for a live Hailey?

How many people here were still looking for a live Elizabeth when she was found alive?

This is Hailey, a beautiful 13 year old girl who loves cheer leading and adores her baby sister.

haileypersonalitysized.jpg

She is missing.

No matter how bad it looks, no matter what the statistics are, she deserves for people to keep looking for her alive. Just like Elizabeth did. It wouldn't really be fair to Hailey to just give up on her now. I won't give up until there is no longer hope. :twocents:

Sadly.... *sigh* just another one of those pesky details...

ok, I actually had the lights off on my way to bed..and was thinking..IF BD got off work much earlier than she disclosed to LE..and of course they know by now what time that was, but may not have told her that they know. Wouldn't that fall under the heading of not forthcoming? and we already know that neither admitted at first regarding the ATM withdrawals which was not forthcoming either...So for me it's not a huge leap to believe that she lied about what time she left work as well. Things like that would certainly convince LE that Billie was withholding information..I know it does me...I'm going to bed for real now...don't think I'll be getting much sleep tho..

ok, I actually had the lights off on my way to bed..and was thinking..IF BD got off work much earlier than she disclosed to LE..and of course they know by now what time that was, but may not have told her that they know. Wouldn't that fall under the heading of not forthcoming? and we already know that neither admitted at first regarding the ATM withdrawals which was not forthcoming either...So for me it's not a huge leap to believe that she lied about what time she left work as well. Things like that would certainly convince LE that Billie was withholding information..I know it does me...I'm going to bed for real now...don't think I'll be getting much sleep tho..

I do hope you get some sleep :) it will be a new day soon! (not sleeping either, I am EST... I agree with you! NOT forthcoming in so many ways)

I do hope you get some sleep :) it will be a new day soon! (not sleeping either, I am EST... I agree with you! NOT forthcoming in so many ways)

Not sleeping either EST as well Southern Indiana near Louisville Ky

I can't shut the brain down..keep rereading to see if I missed something that would make some things make sense..not having much luck tho

There is nothing I like more than getting up at 3:00 AM, checking on Websleuths, and finding out that some posters decided to share with us their views of certain case player's body parts and what certain case players may be doing to those body parts.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

There are a few members of Websleuths who may not understand the level of posting we do on the forum.

At Websleuths we want to keep things on an adult level as in mature, not triple X adult.

Before you post something please ask yourself the following:

*Will this add to the discussion?

*Does this really have anything to do with the case?

*Do I want the owner of the forum to read this at 3:00 AM and get so annoyed that she decides to post about my post?

I'm not a prude by any means but there is no reason to be discussing anything of a sexual nature unless it is directly related to the case.

It is as simple as that.

Thank you,
Tricia

She thought about it "a little bit"..............."a little bit".

I see two ways to interpret that. Giving her the benefit of the doubt...

My daughter wanted to go to a weekend long event with her BF. I thought about it a little bit and said no.

I actually thought about it quite a bit before saying no. But I think it is just used as a "figure of speech" as opposed to...

Wash your hands, dinner is in a little bit.

In this case, "little bit" is clearly just a short period of time. I think she considered this possibility for DAYS if not more, not just minutes or hours.

For the record, I am no longer as sure as I was of his involvement.

O/T sorry about this but it's driving me nuts. How do you pronounce Colorado in Colorado city?

I'm still really bothered with BD's message to HD. I just keep shaking my head. The whole cryptic nature of it and the fact that it was apparently written like a crib sheet/note. I wonder if she was really talking to HD. No "Mommy misses you honey" "Please come home". No frothy emotional appeal. Just: (Not verbatim)

"Remember that my phone is with the Police so if you want to call me call 911."

I mean seriously WTH?? Can somebody clue me in? If the Police have the phone then if
she calls it the Police will answer. As would be the case (kinda) if she called 911.

Was that a cryptic telegraph to SA not to text to that phone? IDK. Too wierd.

I have a ? about the neighbor who claims to have seen Hailey on Monday. I have assumed all along that LE dismissed this claim, most likely thinking the woman either got her days mixed up or was seeking attention. However, I see multiple posts referring to this "sighting" as fact. What is the overall opinion on this?

She seems to be sure, and unless LE knows something I don't, credible. She knows Hailey well, and took an extra hard look at the kids because she did not recognize the boy. She has good reason to be sure it was NOT Sunday that she saw them, and is apparently respected in the community. I'd like to hear her say what Hailey was wearing at that time. Flip flops? No hoodie? IOW, when she left the house of her own volition on Monday morning, did she grab a coat? Did she wear her mom's sneakers?

To me it looked like BD had notes tonight and that getting the message to HD that she didn't have her phone to call 911. She wants HD to know she doesn't have her phone and that she realizes she might not be able to write down or memorize her new number so reminds HD of 911. I honestly believe BD has been worried that HD wouldn't understand her phone always going to voicemail. CZ told us early on she and BD were calling that number and checking to see if anyone was monitoring it in case HD called. I think after telling HD to call 911 BD simply got flustered in her comments and seemed confused towards the end and just hushed without saying the rest of what she probably had prepared to say. moo

ITA!

Whenever she is asked to repeat (because Nancy spoke over her, usually) she gets derailed. I can imagine, especially if she's been held captive and drugged and molested, that if she escaped, she would want her MOM. Not police, to whom she would have to tell the details. She'd want her mom to come get her and comfort her. She'd waste precious time calling the old phone number. I think it was a good idea to tell Hailey to call 911. It would never occur to me that if I was missing that LE would take away my mother's phone. I'd expect her to be waiting by it for my call. I wonder why Billie doesn't either change the voicemail message on the old number to refer to the new one, or forward calls to her new number.

DUNN: And Nancy, I wanted to get a message out to Hailey, if she is watching and she happens to get to a phone, to call 911. Because I do not have my cell phone.

GRACE: And what is your message? To call 911?

DUNN: Yes. Get out there, if you can get to a phone, run to a phone and call 911. Because I don`t have my cell phone with me. And I know she knows that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413