Identified! TX - Harris-Waller County Line, HispMale 17-32, woven leather belt, March 20, 2002 - Hector Jose Garcia

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
Via the Doe Network:

Date of Discovery: March 20, 2002
Location of Discovery: Harris County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 weeks prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Homicide by gunshot

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 17-32 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Male
Height: 5'5" to 5'7"
Weight: 165 to 170 lbs.
Hair: Black, 1/4" long
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Three Gothic-style letters "H J G" or "H J D" tattooed on his lower left leg, orientated vertically and each about 2" tall.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Silver fillings. A portion of the right mandible (teeth 30-32) is missing.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Black on tan, checkered patterned, Docker, nylon, hooded windbreaker jacket; a black and white Nautica short sleeved shirt (size Medium); a white tank top; Polo brand, blue jeans (size 30W x 30L); a brown, woven leather belt; white socks with black Nike logo, Merona bikini briefs, and brown, leather, Nautica lace-up, buckle shoes.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: None.
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 12.05.03 AM.png
Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found face down, in Spring Creek, at Kickapoo Road, near the Harris-Waller county line.

A driver on Kickapoo Road near FM 2920 saw the body in the water at about 10.00. The victim had been shot multiple times.

---

I didn't see a thread for this man - I've submitted Hector Jose Garcia missing from Houston, Texas as a match to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had caught this possible match, and I had also submitted before seeing that many others did as well. I emailed the Harris County's Sherrif's Office and I also left a detailed voicemail to the Medical Examiner's office.

I also wonder, is there any way that the tattoo initials for this John Doe are actually HJG and not HJB? I wonder if the tattoo is actually Hector's initials?

There are quite a few parallels between Hector Jose Garcia and the John Doe found less than 1 month later.

Namus# MP91439 -- Hector Jose Garcia
Namus# UP165 -- John Doe

Date Missing/ Body Found
Hector Garcia: February 2022 from Houston Texas
John Doe found: March 2002, Harris County Texas

Height:
Hector Garcia: 5'7-5'8
John Doe: 5'7

Weight:
Hector Garcia: 150-160 lbs
John Doe: 166 lbs

Please note: John Doe has tattoo of initials *HJG*.
Possibly tattoo initials of missing person Hector Jose Garcia.

Last edited:
Original

Oops, I don't think I attached it properly....

But the more I look at it, I think it is a G. The H and J are capitalized. It is more likely that the last letter is a Capital G rather than a lowercase b. Hopefully this gets matched up soon.

The only thing I can think of is a contaminated sample, or a glitch in CODIS, or something 'wrong' with the mtDNA regarding his sister, such as her actually being adopted or their mother using an egg donor for one of them. Or even something more far out like the sister being swapped at birth or a mtDNA mutation... I'm going with contaminated DNA sample.

RIP Hector.

I had caught this possible match, and I had also submitted before seeing that many others did as well. I emailed the Harris County's Sherrif's Office and I also left a detailed voicemail to the Medical Examiner's office.

I also wonder, is there any way that the tattoo initials for this John Doe are actually HJG and not HJB? I wonder if the tattoo is actually Hector's initials?

There are quite a few parallels between Hector Jose Garcia and the John Doe found less than 1 month later.

Namus# MP91439 -- Hector Jose Garcia
Namus# UP165 -- John Doe

Date Missing/ Body Found
Hector Garcia: February 2022 from Houston Texas
John Doe found: March 2002, Harris County Texas

Height:
Hector Garcia: 5'7-5'8
John Doe: 5'7

Weight:
Hector Garcia: 150-160 lbs
John Doe: 166 lbs

Please note: John Doe has tattoo of initials *HJG*.
Possibly tattoo initials of missing person Hector Jose Garcia.
it was a match after all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back