TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine part of the processing of the Nissan car, in addition to collecting forensic evidence from it before risking contamination by adding coverings and towing straps etc, would have involved very accurate recording (measurement and photography, perhaps even laser photography (eta) scanning) of its exact location in relation to all access points, angles, and the house. They probably needed to determine or rule out when Heidi was put in the trunk, and whether other people were involved, by taking enough information to reconstruct the crime, so that if a version were to be put forth at some point in the future, they had not jeopardised their case by rushing to remove it.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. My point, in response to the OP who said the vehicle wasn't taped off, is that it was. Sorry, I should have used BBM to be clear. MOO

How was the car taped off after early morning the 2oth? I just posted aerial footage taken the morning of the 20th with the car still in the backyard and the crime scene tape removed?

How was the car taped off after early morning the 2oth? I just posted aerial footage taken the morning of the 20th with the car still in the backyard and the crime scene tape removed?
I didn't say the car was taped off after early morning on the 20th. ???

I posted an image of the male neighbor giving an interview where the remnants of crime scene tape can be seen on the gate. The reason I posted it was in response to a poster who didn't think the vehicle in the back yard had been taped off. MOO

I didn't say the car was taped off after early morning on the 20th. ???

I posted an image of the male neighbor giving an interview where the remnants of crime scene tape can be seen on the gate. The reason I posted it was in response to a poster who didn't think the vehicle in the back yard had been taped off. MOO

I don't want to speak for @deugirtni but I think that is what they were questioning is why wasn't it taped off still if it was still sitting there, which it clearly was on the 20th and it clearly wasn't taped off still, as evidenced by the video taken on the 2oth.

JMO

I don't want to speak for @deugirtni but I think that is what they were questioning is why wasn't it taped off still if it was still sitting there, which it clearly was on the 20th and it clearly wasn't taped off still, as evidenced by the video taken on the 2oth.

JMO
Aw, I see. Obviously I didn't read it that way but that makes sense. MOO

I imagine part of the processing of the Nissan car, in addition to collecting forensic evidence from it before risking contamination by adding coverings and towing straps etc, would have involved very accurate recording (measurement and photography, perhaps even laser photography) of its exact location in relation to all access points, angles, and the house. They probably needed to determine or rule out when Heidi was put in the trunk, and whether other people were involved, by taking enough information to reconstruct the crime, so that if a version were to be put forth at some point in the future, they had not jeopardised their case by rushing to remove it.
I've never heard of laser photography before so I looked it up. Interesting. I wonder how long it would take to do the measurements and photography.

I still don't understand why the car was left in the backyard after LE was done with all of that kind of crime scene processing.

Photographic Techniques for the Laser or Alternate Light Source

I can't tell you why there are no photos of the ME's van but we have reports of it at the scene if that helps. MOO

BREAKING: Baby found in Houston home, body removed in connection with missing mom Heidi Broussard & newborn
Officials removed a body from the home after a medical examiner’s van arrived on Thursday night. So far, the identity is unknown.

Search for missing Austin mom, newborn leads to home near Jersey Village
While KPRC 2 was at the scene late Thursday night, a medical examiner’s van arrived.

ETA: @deugirtni, maybe it's the one seen here at :37?

Thanks PommyMommy. That could very well be 'it'. Also saw this in same video:
Screenshot (132).png
HCIFS: Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
-=-=-=-=

Who we are, and what we do:

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is a science-based, independent operation comprised of two distinct forensic services for the Harris County community – the Medical Examiner Service and the Crime Laboratory Service.

Accredited by 7 Forensic Science accrediting organizations

The Medical Examiner Service investigates sudden death and deaths resulting from physical or chemical injury in order to determine cause and manner of death and to preserve evidence. The service encompasses the fields of Forensic Investigations, Forensic Pathology and Morgue Services, Forensic Anthropology, Forensic Imaging, and Histology.

The Crime Laboratory Service analyzes evidence and includes five distinct disciplines: Drug Chemistry, Firearms Identification, Forensic Genetics (serology/DNA), Forensic Toxicology and Trace Evidence.

While each service has its own objectives, all of these disciplines work collaboratively, and are jointly dedicated to servicing the needs of the Harris County community and the justice system.

IFS - Institute of Forensic Sciences

Screenshot (131).png

Screenshot (137).png
The 'white' van in the 'driveway' does appear to be in MF's driveway, contained within the crimescene tape, and it appears a different model from the white van pictured earlier, which said 'crime scene' on it, which I believe was from the police department. Good catch @Solula and PommyMommy!

I've never heard of laser photography before so I looked it up. Interesting. I wonder how long it would take to do the measurements and photography.

I still don't understand why the car was left in the backyard after LE was done with all of that kind of crime scene processing.

Sorry I used the wrong word - I should have said laser scanning. It records everything so that the subject matter can be mapped out with computers afterwards and looked at from all angles.

Yes, I agree. My point, in response to the OP who said the vehicle wasn't taped off, is that it was. Sorry, I should have used BBM to be clear. MOO
Sorry, what I meant by the vehicle being 'taped off', was when they actually put tape ON the vehicle's doors so that they cannot be opened without the 'seal' (of the tape) being broken. That would ensure that nobody had access to the vehicle after the point of securing it, for chain of custody proof, for later in court.

Last edited:
Sorry, what I meant by the vehicle being 'taped off', was when they actually put tape ON the vehicle's doors so that they cannot be opened without the 'seal' (of the tape) being broken. That would ensure that nobody had access to the vehicle after the point of securing it, for chain of custody proof, for later in court.
Thanks for clarifying and I apologize for any confusion on my part. I'm not sure they would tape it though, unless it had already been photographed, fingerprinted, etc. And if I'm not mistaken, the fingerprinting is generally done indoors because the vehicle needs to be dry (and maybe it was? I dunno). MOO

Thanks for clarifying and I apologize for any confusion on my part. I'm not sure they would tape it though, unless it had already been photographed, fingerprinted, etc. And if I'm not mistaken, the fingerprinting is generally done indoors because the vehicle needs to be dry (and maybe it was? I dunno). MOO
I'm just going by another case I followed/following where the vehicle was outside and media got pics of the forensics team in their white suits taping the doors and etc. before it was towed away. The whole car was taken for forensic examination at a facility elsewhere than the 'crimescene'.

Sorry I used the wrong word - I should have said laser scanning. It records everything so that the subject matter can be mapped out with computers afterwards and looked at from all angles.

It's used with archeological sites and historic architecture. Notre Dame had just been mapped like that before the fire.

It's used with archeological sites and historic architecture. Notre Dame had just been mapped like that before the fire.
I think it's becoming more common in police work. It was used in the Mariah Woods case (still awaiting trial) to map the trailer and surrounding land, and also in the McStay case, to scan the defendant's vehicle and superimpose the images onto cctv which had captured the headlights and other details of a vehicle leaving the McStay residence on the night they were murdered.

I'm getting sick of this business about the car seeming unsecured. Lets call and find out. Who to call? Houston PD (what sector), Texas Rangers?

FBI Houston on Twitter
NEWS MEDIA: All media inquiries regarding law enforcement activity in the 8100 block of Bo Jack Dr. in northwest Harris County should be directed to the Austin Police Department. FBI Houston is no longer at the location. #HouNews

There was an amazing demonstration of the Faro system at CrimeCon re: the Christian Andreacchio case. It's such an incredible tool. I wish every PD had the resources to invest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991