TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think that he is involved or would be pulled into this at all MOO. And to now, we don't have any info in MSM and hope it stays that way MOO. I'm glad MSM is not going after him and he is not in the media at all.

Gosh forbid, the defense tries to pull him in during the mitigation phase, but otherwise... glad he and his family are not in the media.

I didn't mean that he was involved but that I'll bet he has a story to tell about his years married to that psychopath.

I didn't mean that he was involved but that I'll bet he has a story to tell about his years married to that psychopath.

Yeah, so sad that he is collateral as to this case. Gotcha.

@KCmetwo can you perhaps edit post and put in asterisks for her ex-hubby's name. I know we like sleuthing, yet He's not been in media, he's not POI, he's collateral which may not be best published? He's under radar, and ............well............he's nothing to do with case. MOO.

Unfortunately, this is not Florida where when it is unsealed and plastered on the internet. We the public would be able to view what the interview was in the garage pretty quickly if this was in Florida. Texas, we'll have to wait until trial?

If she has a public defense atty (she does not, and expect throughout?) they aren't allowed to do the stuff/spin that private attys do. We shall see.

MOO

BBM
Jackie Wood was assigned to her as her public defender.

The Austin defense attorney assigned to her case, Jackie Wood, did not immediately return a request for comment on Friday. The case has been assigned to the new 460th District Court and state District Judge Geoffrey Puryear.

How Austin mom's friendship spiraled into case of homicide remains final mystery

EDIT- To add link and quote.

Oh, we know some of what she did. She had Heidi's body in the trunk of her car. She hid that car at the back of the house. She had Margo, passing her off as her own and telling Tim Miller and Heidi's friends she was concerned about Heidi's and Margo's whereabouts and trying implicate Shane. Further, we know the cops were asking about a silver Nissan so they knew more. We've also been told there's video of Heidi getting into a car, though we don't know what's on it. We know a lot and the investigators know enough that they caught her, in another city, and saved Margo.

Having that conversation with Tim Miller, while her friend's body is in her car sure doesn't point to any innocence.

Having that conversation with Tim Miller, while her friend's body is in her car sure doesn't point to any innocence.

It appears, due to time frame, that perhaps the search warrant was written up not before they went to her house, but afterwards, and quickly! The reason I think that is that she was sitting in her garage mid day (see screen shot) and we know that the search warrant wasn't served until right before midnight. I get the feeling that once they got to her house, they learned more to add to get the warrant, and didn't exist (obviously) before. It was about.... 6-8 hours until it was done?

It appears, due to time frame, that perhaps the search warrant was written up not before they went to her house, but afterwards, and quickly! The reason I think that is that she was sitting in her garage mid day (see screen shot) and we know that the search warrant wasn't served until right before midnight. I get the feeling that once they got to her house, they learned more to add to get the warrant, and didn't exist (obviously) before. It was about.... 6-8 hours until it was done?
Probably several warrants sought and acquired, vehicles, house grounds etc etc etc

Yeah I can hear that conversation now "Wow, I sure dodged a bullet on that one didn't I"

as well as the “you’re so lucky you got away.....” comments from family. I’m sure he’s appalled as well as livid she tarnished his family name. Moo
I don’t see any reason for him to speak publicly about MF. He clearly moved on & likely has no relationship with her whatsoever. The only reason I see him willing to talk is if he’s paid for his story. Otherwise, there’s no point in drawing (more) attention to his family. Moo

Last edited:

I'm sure eventually we will hear the chain of events that day, but I think they got a tip or lead, went there, saw a baby girl, detained her on the charges she had (the driving/name, address change ones), called in the volunteer fire dept to do a wellness check on the baby and subsequently removed her because she was detained and they were suspicious, and then had to wait for hours for those warrants. I recall that day that there was a "breaking news" tweet or headline around mid afternoon, then it disappeared. So I think you are right, it was 6-8 hours or maybe even longer before they got search warrants.

IIRC, the prosecution only gave that jury the choice of first degree murder which tied the hands of the jurors in case any thought Caylee's death was accidental, as in if she'd been drugged while Casey went to party and Caylee ended up dying. For me, that was a fatal mistake on the part of that prosecution. I know in some murder cases, jurors have a choice to convict on 1st, 2nd or manslaughter. I don't know how that works in various states. Some may allow that leeway and others not. In Texas, this will be capital murder (kidnapping + murder), both charges for which they have evidence. If someone was involved in the kidnapping, they would also be guilty of the murder, even if they weren't the one who strangled Heidi so even if TX allows for conviction on a lesser charge, I don't think it would be relevant because the kidnapping demands the capital murder charge. We know that Heidi and Margo were kidnapped and we know that Heidi was strangled. With Caylee, I don't think they even had cause of death. IOW, this is a much more solid case and there is video.
This is a common misperception. Lesser charges were included; Casey Anthony could have been convicted of second degree murder or manslaughter. That case was a travesty, was handled badly by the judge IMO, and the jury did not do their job. If this link works, it's a copy of the jury instructions, which are very clear.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2dwOOcZ1-Q4L6rNNbu7JSk&cshid=1577658313716

The cases I've watched (in multiple states) have been consistent in including lesser charges, and I have the impression that is more common than not.

I don't think the prosecution will have any trouble getting a conviction in this case. I can't imagine what kind of case the defense could present.

Unfortunately, this is not Florida where when it is unsealed and plastered on the internet. We the public would be able to view what the interview was in the garage pretty quickly if this was in Florida. Texas, we'll have to wait until trial?

If she has a public defense atty (she does not, and expect throughout?) they aren't allowed to do the stuff/spin that private attys do. We shall see.

MOO

I actually think it is better for the integrity of the case if all of the information is not made public.

This is a common misperception. Lesser charges were included; Casey Anthony could have been convicted of second degree murder or manslaughter. That case was a travesty, was handled badly by the judge IMO, and the jury did not do their job. If this link works, it's a copy of the jury instructions, which are very clear.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2dwOOcZ1-Q4L6rNNbu7JSk&cshid=1577658313716

The cases I've watched (in multiple states) have been consistent in including lesser charges, and I have the impression that is more common than not.

I don't think the prosecution will have any trouble getting a conviction in this case. I can't imagine what kind of case the defense could present.

Try and think like a criminal defense attorney LOL
I mean look at what Jose Baez came up with- a hideous defense that had no basis in fact that the judge allowed to fly----

The search warrants were obtained before they went into the house, according to the last LE presser.

Which screenshot?

That's all that I am doing, I am unable to find the marriage cert in that area so I'm not digging further. I did see he is remarried so I am not going any further. I saw that in the search. He is an innocent party. Due to the length of time it has been since their Divorce they won't even include him into this. I was just getting the information to show that they were no longer married and the time it has been since they have Divorced.
It can't be said that the Divorce is what pushed her to do this as it has been 8 years. If a woman were going to attempt to do this as a "my Divorce made me do it" defense it would have been a LONG time ago rather than now. That's one reason I went the route I did in the sleuthing I did, Court records that don't disclose DOB's or addresses.
Also, did anyone else notice that there was yet ANOTHER spelling of MF's name listed there??
Texas vital statistics are a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member