TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me confused because in 2002 MF would have been 16 as she was born in 1986. So in 2005, she would have been 19. :confused:o_O
The other riddle, why are some saying her maiden name was Fieramusca when, according to divorce info, it's obviously not. Her name is spelled differently there too "Magan".

Does anyone know her maiden name for certain?

Same thing Leslie Abramson pulled with the Menendez brothers.

I doubt a judge can prevent a defendant from floating any story to save their necks. They have a right to do so.
Usually it's not a good idea for the defense to give the jury a story of what happened that they cannot backup with evidence.

Unless the defense wins during jury selection and gets people who don't understand what reasonable doubt really means.

I was called for jury duty once and during voir dire I was questioned about what reasonable doubt meant. After giving my thoughts on it the defense attorney gave me the boot. Kind of a clue on what caliber of juror the defense was looking for.

Hopefully a fair and just jury will be assembled in this case. JMO

LOL, yeah but that didn’t do Jodi Arias any good.

No, thank goodness.
I’m not worried about MF. She will get what’s coming to her, imo. Some of these cases never go to trial, the defendant realizes there really is no point, I suppose. Or their attorney is able to convince them to accept a plea (if offered) as the attorney surely knows there’s no chance of acquittal. MOo

SBM
The only defense I can think of right now with the very limited amount of information would be an attempt to point the finger at someone else.

MF was coerced by someone into helping to kidnap HB and Margo by some kind of threat and that person was the one who actually killed HB.

MF was only trying to protect baby Margo from the real killer.

I don't know if there's any evidence to even remotely support this kind of defense and I doubt it would work even if the defense tries to twist facts to make it fit. JMO
That theory/defense falls apart when we read that MF insisted to police that the baby found in her home was her own baby, and not Baby Margo. (I guess this is an example of why lawyers tell you to remain silent when being questioned by police.. it makes it too difficult to come up with a viable defense later!)

Broussard’s “bestie,” Magen Fieramusca — who lived in the home where the baby and Broussard’s body were found — has been charged with kidnapping and tampering. Law enforcement has said that Fieramusca insists that the baby is hers.

Slain mom Heidi Broussard’s mother ‘was uneasy’ with suspect; Baby found at suspect’s home is ‘happy and healthy’

Usually it's not a good idea for the defense to give the jury a story of what happened that they cannot backup with evidence.

Unless the defense wins during jury selection and gets people who don't understand what reasonable doubt really means.

I was called for jury duty once and during voir dire I was questioned about what reasonable doubt meant. After giving my thoughts on it the defense attorney gave me the boot. Kind of a clue on what caliber of juror the defense was looking for.

Yup..Casey Anthony; Baez lays out in opening statement, 'she learned to lie.' Never proved that or any of his other allegations...so you are 100% if MF gets a jury that will believe any old childhood false sob story...that's no good..

Wanted to repost MF’s attorneys complete statement:

In their first comments on the case, Fieramusco's attorneys Jackie Wood and Brian Erskine said on Thursday that they are "anxious to review the evidence collected thus far."

"We are in the beginning stages of a very long process, but there are many questions that need to be answered," Wood and Erskine said in a joint statement to ABC News. "At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney's Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusco will appear in court.

"As with every American accused of a crime, unless the State can prove these allegations beyond reasonable doubt, Ms. Fieramusca is innocent," the lawyers said.
Funeral for strangled mom Heidi Broussard set as attorneys for suspect speak out

Yup..Casey Anthony; Baez lays out in opening statement, 'she learned to lie.' Never proved that or any of his other allegations...so you are 100% if MF gets a jury that will believe any old childhood false sob story...that's no good..
It may just be me but i’m Not seeing the parallel between MF and CA. MF Is a 33 years old grown woman, already having been married before for quite some time, and who by HB’s own words was a best friend for more than 1/2 their lives,Who she chose to have with her during the birth of her child. I think it’s Going to be extremely difficult for MF to play a sympathy card here.
My opinion is that this case is more parallel to JA. And I have faith that MF’s fate will be much the same as JA.

I think you’re right about it being a mistake to promise the jury information or a story you can’t deliver. The defense in the Kelsey Berreth trial said they would be proving that Kelsey was killed someplace other than the condo by someone other than their defendant. Never heard another word about it.
As far as jury selection, the defense, and the prosecution too, have a limited number of opportunities to strike potential jurors. They can’t just keep booting people till they think they have the perfect malleable jury, although I’m sure they’d like that. In a trial I was called for the defense very quickly used up all their strikes, so by the time they called my name they had no choice but to accept me, the daughter-in-law of a retired FBI agent(which they were aware of from voir dire). I probably wasn’t their first first choice.

It may just be me but i’m Not seeing the parallel between MF and CA. MF Is a 33 years old grown woman, already having been married before for quite some time, and who by HB’s own words was a best friend for more than 1/2 their lives,Who she chose to have with her during the birth of her child. I think it’s Going to be extremely difficult for MF to play a sympathy card here.
My opinion is that this case is more parallel to JA. And I have faith that MF’s fate will be much the same as JA.

so like this case, except much more interest here

GUILTY - Ks - Laura Abarca-nogueda, 27, Slain, Newborn Abducted, Wichita, 17 Nov 2016 *arrest*

This may have already been answered, but did they go in and get the baby while they were talking to her but prior to the search warrant?

it appears so, imo. See Inside Edition video, from a week or so ago, recently repeated, iirc

In the video posted above, it shows that the baby clearly was taken out during the dark hours from the house. Not sure if it was at the time of the warrant at ~11:00 pm or so or before though. When the first helicopter flyovers were done with her in the garage (visible with the red hoodie with lettering, missing the drawstring I might add) it was clearly daylight.

It could be that they went in while she was still there after dark, so both correct.

MOO

Others here may have more info.

Last edited:
In the video posted above, it shows that the baby clearly was taken out during the dark hours from the house. Not sure if it was at the time of the warrant at ~11:00 pm or so or before though. When the first helicopter flyovers were done with her in the garage (visible with the red hoodie with lettering, missing the drawstring I might add) it was clearly daylight.

MOO

Others here may have more info.
Thanks. Surely someone was in the home taking care of the baby while they had MF in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!