TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time when officials first received the 'welfare check' request, they may have had no idea that it involved HB or her baby, or a kidnapping, or a murder, or any risk at all.. otherwise, they would've sent police and not 'volunteer firefighters', imho. It seems like this whole thing must have unfolded right while this 'welfare check' was being done, and it just kept going from there?
Was the 'welfare-check' actually confirmed? I assumed it was mere rumor?

I think it went down this way. Do you?
Again, per MQ, LE questioned SC about MF. Is it possible she was on their radar and they could not find her? Iirc, her car/license do not reflect her Bo Jacks address. Moo
Ah, I missed anything about LE questioning SC about MF. Who is MQ, sorry? Been away for a few days.

I do think it went down that way.. My personal theory is that LE got surveillance video of the car or a car used in the kidnapping. (And Shane's best friend said that LE was able to get video). Or some information that I think that led LE to zero in on the house/location, possibly where the vehicle or an occupant was registered. I think CPS was called in or on the scene because there was a newborn infant involved in a potential kidnapping case. I think CPS called the fire department to request the infant be evaluated, medically checked out, and transported to the hospital for a complete examination.

I think the volunteer fire department said they were called to the scene after being contacted by CPS to do an evaluation. The head of the fire department said they were contacted by CPS. I think that blew up in the media that it was CPS who contacted LE (leading people to believe that the tip/lead came in to CPS who contacted law enforcement). When in reality I think that LE was already on it and CPS contacted the local EMS to check out the baby. jmo. (Which would mean CPS prompted the Cy-Fair VFD response... NOT LE or the Texas Rangers response.)

Also, I don't think CPS would be the one calling for a welfare check. They ARE the welfare check. I think they called for a medical evaluation, but a few words thrown around, and it's gotten a bit convoluted in the media and evolved into many rumors of who supposedly called CPS. (Not saying someone didn't - just that nothing like that has actually come out and I think it's only being inferred from a few statements that were unclear.)

Surely she knows Texas Rangers when she sees them?

Exactly! Therefore, she was interviewed (with baby in shot) on the backporch. Not knowing the entire time what was going on in front which we see from the helicopter.

Two groups. One with 4 guys with hats (Texas rangers) half way up her driveway, and a group of 4 more at bottom of driveway all in black. (ha! the LE folks stick together it appears)... and then many more up the street. But she had no idea??? that they were all there as perhaps LE said... let's go in back for privacy... so that she would have no idea of all the commotion out front. Fabulous LE tactic MOO

Last edited:
CPS doesn't routinely do random welfare checks, police do them and they will call CPS if they are needed to arrange foster care or to make a report. Same with child abuse found during a medical incident or when a parent is arrested and no one can be called to take the children

Exactly. We have no idea how CPS ended up at the house.
I linked the article to reference what time Margo was found.

Ah, I missed anything about LE questioning SC about MF. Who is MQ, sorry? Been away for a few days.

I do think it went down that way.. My personal theory is that LE got surveillance video of the car or a car used in the kidnapping. (And Shane's best friend said that LE was able to get video). Or some information that I think that led LE to zero in on the house/location, possibly where the vehicle or an occupant was registered. I think CPS was called in or on the scene because there was a newborn infant involved in a potential kidnapping case. I think CPS called the fire department to request the infant be evaluated, medically checked out, and transported to the hospital for a complete examination.

I think the volunteer fire department said they were called to the scene after being contacted by CPS to do an evaluation. The head of the fire department said they were contacted by CPS. I think that blew up in the media that it was CPS who contacted LE (leading people to believe that the tip/lead came in to CPS who contacted law enforcement). When in reality I think that LE was already on it and CPS contacted the local EMS to check out the baby. jmo. (Which would mean CPS prompted the Cy-Fair VFD response... NOT LE or the Texas Rangers response.)

Also, I don't think CPS would be the one calling for a welfare check. They ARE the welfare check. I think they called for a medical evaluation, but a few words thrown around, and it's gotten a bit convoluted in the media and evolved into many rumors of who supposedly called CPS. (Not saying someone didn't - just that nothing like that has actually come out and I think it's only being inferred from a few statements that were unclear.)
Fiancé of murdered Texas mom refused to believe what he was seeing on TV | Daily Mail Online

Learn about MQ here or listen to his interview.

Exactly! Therefore, she was interview (with baby in shot) on the backporch. Not knowing the entire time what was going on in front which we see from the helicopter.

Two groups. One with 4 guys with hats (Texas rangers) half way up her driveway, and a group of 4 more at bottom of driveway all in black. (ha! the LE folks stick together it appears)... and then many more up the street. But she had no idea??? that they were all there as perhaps LE said... let's go in back for privacy... so that she would have no idea of all the commotion out front. Fabulous LE tactic MOO

I can’t see the baby in the outdoor shot with MF & Ranger.
Moo

Exactly! Therefore, she was interview (with baby in shot) on the backporch. Not knowing the entire time what was going on in front which we see from the helicopter.

Wonder if she noticed the chopper flying overhead?

Yes, an article I read earlier today said two vehicles were present at the home, so does this indicate that CG was also home at the time when police showed up? That would certainly explain a few things! Then they had to wait for a warrant to actually remove the baby from the home (since the occupants were claiming her as their own child), and to look inside the vehicles (and hopefully their cellphones, etc).. that all makes sense. I wonder what it was that the initial 'volunteer firefighters' on scene to do the 'welfare check' noticed, that brought this whole thing further and further to light?

I would be interested in a link to two vehicles at the home. IIRC, the other vehicle was towed from another location. Trudie has one link, yet it says "when she was arrested".. which could have been much after the interview we see on the helicopter view.

oh, tysm. I’ll edit.

this link states CG was not at the residence when MF was arrested.

Heidi Broussard's cause of death was ligature strangulation, death ruled a homicide | Daily Mail Online

Come to think of it, and perusing the media thread, I don't see either quotes.

Does anyone have a media link for either handy that says one or the other?

With many people saying that MF "looked" pregnant and even had the "pregnant waddle" it made me think of a medical condition. I am not sure if one can induce it them self or not. BUT there are 2 versions.
There is Phantom pregnancy also known as pseudocyesis, It's an uncommon condition that causes a woman to believe she's pregnant. She'll even have many classic symptoms of pregnancy.

Then there is delusional pregnancy. The delusion of pregnancy is defined as the belief of being pregnant despite factual evidence to the contrary.

This was just something that crossed my mind when everyone said she "faked" being pregnant. with phantom pregnancy you appear to be pregnant and it can last up to 9 months. she may have been aware she wasn't, but I am just putting this information out there as something to think about.

Pseudocyesis Versus Delusion of Pregnancy: Differential Diagnoses to be Kept in Mind

Like you, since the baby wasn't removed until well after dark (which is on video, not speculation) and she was being interviewed by multiple LE during the day.

Like you, since the baby wasn't removed until well after dark (which is on video, not speculation) and she was being interviewed by multiple LE during the day.
Also, it has been reported “apartment complex video show HB getting into car willingly.” Many think the camera footage was from HEB across the road from the office (I guess). That can’t be right, their cam would not show HB getting into the car. Imo someone in HB’s building owns a ring doorbell or has a camera in their vehicle that captured HB getting into the death mobile. Then LE could match up the make/model on other images found until they got the plate number. But, that did little good as imo MF’s car and license do not have her actual address. LE kept saying “we think they’re safe”, I assume because LE knew they (HB/Margo) left with a friend. We don’t know what else LE found from talking to other friends that maybe didn’t think too much of MF.

I would be interested in a link to two vehicles at the home. IIRC, the other vehicle was towed from another location. Trudie has one link, yet it says "when she was arrested".. which could have been much after the interview we see on the helicopter view.

Come to think of it, and perusing the media thread, I don't see either quotes.

Does anyone have a media link for either handy that says one or the other?
Unfortunately, the search function here won't help with the word "SUV" as it is too short but I've tried searching the media thread for "black" and "towed." I've also googled. I can't find any report of the black SUV being towed but it may have come from a video which makes it harder to find.

Same with the tarp that both @KCmetwo and @Trudie have brought up. The only place I've seen that mentioned was in a comment on a tweet. Until something is posted from an approved source, I'm considering this rumor. MOO

At one point Thursday, ABC13 counted about two dozen officers and agents at the home.

An Eyewitness News crew waited for what was believed to be a warrant service. Then, around 8:15 p.m., there was movement, with law enforcement going into the house.

But authorities seemed to be more focused on a car in the driveway in the back. SkyEye13 was overhead earlier in the day, and a Nissan was seen parked up close to the house.

Through online records and a source, we learned the car investigators were interested in is registered to Fieramusca.

A neighbor told ABC13 police asked her Thursday night whether she remembers any movement here on that day. The only official response from the FBI is a vague statement: "The FBI is lawfully present at the location conducting a law enforcement operation."
https://abc13.com/body-of-austin-mom-found-in-car-trunk-near-
houston/5770521/

*brought this forward as it mentions the time LE entered the home.

It is likely LE froze the house while the SW was being drawn up and issued. They can do that; it means they hold the occupant(s) outside so nothing inside the home can be tampered with. I don't have an answer as to where the baby was during this time; it's possible CPS had already responded and taken her? But as for MF just sitting out there while they talked to her, it's likely the house was under a freeze at that point.

It is likely LE froze the house while the SW was being drawn up and issued. They can do that; it means they hold the occupant(s) outside so nothing inside the home can be tampered with. I don't have an answer as to where the baby was during this time; it's possible CPS had already responded and taken her? But as for MF just sitting out there while they talked to her, it's likely the house was under a freeze at that point.

I think the house was froze. Videos I’ve watched show the baby leaving well after dark so she was evidently in the house. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member