TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was last seen with Carey at 8am, and they both went back to the apt. He notified the police at 7pm. Does anyone know if he was at work and what time?
She was last seen to us (the public) at the school drop off for her son.

LE states she made it back to her apartment, but they have not said how they know that.

SC claims he was at work from 640 am until 140 pm, arriving at the apartment around 2pm, but his timeline has not been corroborated.

Very very possible that SC and HB and baby MC left the apartment complex and SC returned with her vehicle. It was the middle of the day and I can't imagine if anything nefarious happened, it happened in the apartment. I would think neighbors for sure would hear something!! I hope there are cameras in the neighborhood somewhere that shows something....
My theory as well.

Hoping there is a camera outside the entrance (s) to complex, if not inside, so they can try to pick up the car anytime after 1:40 or whatever time it is determined he came home...to see if it was used again, also to check before to try to see who parked it.

I live in a large complex, 500+ apartments, and as far as I can tell, there are no cameras anywhere...which is a shame.

Does anyone know or have an informed view as to wether the last time she was 'seen' is likely to be something the police would keep close to their chests?

No but I can guess. If I knew the time she was verified to be seen at the apartments, and I also had a timeline of events from one of the last people to see her, I might not want to make public whether it corroborated or conflicted with that timeline to protect the investigation.

I thought you were talking about HB's trip to the school that morning. There would be more traffic at 6, yes, but as SC mentions "daycare" and there's been a lot of conflicting info about where exactly his after-school care was (on site, a karate program, YMCA, etc.) and nothing confirmed, I don't think we have enough to work on how long that trip would take.
The YMCA after school program is on site at the Cowan Elementary school. Somebody mentioned karate. The after school karate is held at a nearby karate school on Old Manchaca Rd.. Both locations are 4 miles from the apartments. So either way about a 20- 30 minute round trip with going in to get the boy and 6:30 traffic.

I would assume that LE has investigated that vacant house.
Could SC and H have arranged to meet there for some reason? He got off work early and they spoke at 8AM on her way back from the book fair.
I think if she intentionally left to meet someone she would have her car seat, diaper bag, etc.
unless SC has a diaper bag and car seat in his car and he picked her up. Even then you’d think she would take her purse.

I don’t think she left the apartment of her own accord.

moo

Hoping there is a camera outside the entrance (s) to complex, if not inside, so they can try to pick up the car anytime after 1:40 or whatever time it is determined he came home...to see if it was used again, also to check before to try to see who parked it.

I live in a large complex, 500+ apartments, and as far as I can tell, there are no cameras anywhere...which is a shame.

After the break-in at our building a bit ago, the complex installed security cameras. One is pointed toward the exit gate and our apartment. I am pretty happy about that. That complex they live in is older and it surprised me they had some sort of security cameras somewhere in it. I did notice that complex is MUCH smaller than ours.

Very very possible that SC and HB and baby MC left the apartment complex and SC returned with her vehicle. It was the middle of the day and I can't imagine if anything nefarious happened, it happened in the apartment. I would think neighbors for sure would hear something!! I hope there are cameras in the neighborhood somewhere that shows something....
Neighbors might have heard or seen things, we don’t know what LE has discovered.

it’s also possible this case is like Watts in more than demeanor. Maybe mom and baby were napping and there was nothing to hear.

moo

So she carried a purse and a diaper bag? That strikes me as odd. I always stuck my phone and wallet in the diaper bag to make life a tiny bit easier. Newborn equals needing to carry a lot of supplies all the time. The last thing I wanted was an extra bag to slip off my shoulder and possibly spill its contents. Everything went into one bag for me.

has it been determined if baby Margo is formula or breast fed? Bottles or formula missing? She couldn’t go far or long without a bottle unless breastfeeding.

Many a body has been moved from scene in rolled up carpet.....day and night...and he's a mover :eek: then there's mattresses :eek:
Good points, but it just bothers me that no one in that apartment complex appears to have seen him dragging anything out of their apartment? Of course, someone could have told LE and they're not sharing this information with the public, which is understandable. If he used his work vehicle, surely we would have heard by now if they were processing it for possible evidence?

I'm just trying to think of how this all went down without anyone, to our knowledge anyway, coming forward and saying they saw them together at one point that afternoon. This is such a head scratcher.

Did I read correctly that the apartment is now considered part of a crime scene and that SC can't stay there?

He said he got home around 2 pm- I take it he had his own vehicle then, as not many places let you bring work vans home. He picked up his son at what time again- 6 pm? Obviously Heidi and Margot were gone by then and if a crime had happened there, he somehow managed to kill them, bring their bodies out without anyone noticing that we're aware of, bring them somewhere to hide them, come home, clean up, before he brings his son home. He calls his father, he comes over, eventually, SC calls LE to report her missing. I just feel like something is missing here.

There are no elevators to the units there.
Thanks. It's been a busy week and I haven't read up on the complex. I once lived in a 3-story apartment building with an elevator. OOH, come to think of it...

#6 Dropped over the balcony. (Or out a window).

(ETA: This might tend to attract more attention than some of the other methods I thought of).

In my opinion, the purse was found in the car as he states and he has obviously since taken it in the house because you wouldn't leave it in the car right?

Also I hope they are investigating all the people at the book fair as someone could have followed her from there.

Not a bad idea but, if elementary school book fairs are the same as in our schools, the only people allowed in are the students and signed in parents or other approved family. It's usually a salesman and a few parent volunteers held in the school library with book displays sitting around the room. The word " fair" gives a very skewed idea of the actual event!

I've tried imagining myself in her shoes, pulling into the parking space - the different scenarios.

I can not come up with a single scenario where I would have taken the books up but left my purse in the unlocked car.

That just does not pass the smell test.

No matter how I carried things or how many trips I made, there is no way the books went upstairs before my purse.

Well here's the thing- who else would have brought them upstairs but Heidi?

Of course, we don't know for a fact if he really went to work that day at Unicorn Movers, but LE does. I wonder if she may have stopped on the way home at the grocery store and brought up the baby and grabbed a couple of bags, thinking she would come back down to get her purse later, maybe when the baby settled down for a nap?

OK, I'll bite. Here are some possible ways HB and MC could have exited the apartment undetected in daylight, whether alive or deceased.
#1 Stairs
#2 Elevator
#3 Rug or tarp
#4 Large, sturdy box and hand truck (you can "bump" a hand truck down stairs).
#5 Large suitcase

Anyone else have an idea?
"Holiday gift"?

Good points, but it just bothers me that no one in that apartment complex appears to have seen him dragging anything out of their apartment? Of course, someone could have told LE and they're not sharing this information with the public, which is understandable. If he used his work vehicle, surely we would have heard by now if they were processing it for possible evidence?

I'm just trying to think of how this all went down without anyone, to our knowledge anyway, coming forward and saying they saw them together at one point that afternoon. This is such a head scratcher.

Did I read correctly that the apartment is now considered part of a crime scene and that SC can't stay there?

He said he got home around 2 pm- I take it he had his own vehicle then, as not many places let you bring work vans home. He picked up his son at what time again- 6 pm? Obviously Heidi and Margot were gone by then and if a crime had happened there, he somehow managed to kill them, bring their bodies out without anyone noticing that we're aware of, bring them somewhere to hide them, come home, clean up, before he brings his son home. He calls his father, he comes over, eventually, SC calls LE to report her missing. I just feel like something is missing here.
He said he got home around 2 pm- I take it he had his own vehicle then, as not many places let you bring work vans home.

Good point. This is important. But was he officially off work at 1pm? I'm sure LE knows by now.

IIRC, he said her purse was in the unlocked car and, also, that her purse is "right here" (their apt). Another poster speculated that meant that he found her purse in the car and brought it in.

On the baby carrier, it's been explained some have two parts, Car seat portion remains in the in the vehicle and the carrier part is detachable (and was in the apt).

He didn't say the school called him, someone on FB did and that was repeated in "news" articles" Same for the "door wide open" and dog out on the balcony.

Said he called her at 1:40 and that he phone was "still off", which sounds like he tried it, again (?).

Her phone and keys were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member