Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all mulling it over. The top possibilities seem to be:
1) She went somewhere in the complex, and then got abducted.
2) She was abducted at her car.
3) She got scared of someone in her apartment and fled with the baby, but the perp caught up with her.
4) She was killed in her apartment. Perhaps no one was around so s/he took her out in a bin.
5)....etc, etc.
I have to go with #3, although that's certainly not set in stone! Number 3 hits home with me because I once fled my apartment with a newborn when someone (my ex) was being scary. I got in my car hoping for safety and fortunately he didn't follow me.

Busy week here and loosely listening to this case.....

Mr. Boyfriend is definitely a piece of work....kinda like a mishmash of PF and CW. However, I am wondering about #3 here. Is it possible that she is in hiding with her baby because she feels either her life or the life of her baby is in danger? Reason is, I have work coming out of my ears going on here, but have Fox on as white noise. On Cavuto, it was just said that the police feel that "she is very much alive". Could she be hiding as a battered woman somewhere? Just askin…..

Her mom said HB never left the apartment without Margo strapped in the carrier and the diaper bag strapped to her back.

I lived in a gated community, third floor up for one year while we had renovations done to our home. I gave birth to our 3rd child while living there. I also always strapped our baby into the carrier portion of the car seat because, true or not, I felt like if I tripped the car seat with the handle up would offer some protection for the baby.

For what it’s worth I would never have left our baby up in the apartment even to run and grab something from the car. It wouldn’t be worth even a small risk to me to have something happen to baby and be 3 flights away or have something happen to me and no one knows the baby is there.

Also our gates worked well, but residents would buzz anyone in regardless of if they knew them, so pretty useless.

moo

Thanks for the info!

Kind of off topic, but how would you go grocery shopping? Wait until you had someone else to go with and carry bags?

Where I live, the forecast is for a 44 C day, and this will possibly be the hottest Dec day on record here: it is very early morning.
I'm staying indoors, glued to the screen, waiting for an arrest.
Surely now there is sufficient evidence found that we are not aware of.
Justice is required for these two sweeties.

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

This week, FBI agents continue combing the area, speaking with neighbors and asking to search homes.

Taylor Riordan lives two floors below Heidi and Margot. He tells us an agent asked for consent to enter his apartment and looked around. "They did their flashlight thing checked around checking in closets stuff like that—trying to make sure there was nothing hidden or strange and out of the ordinary," says Riordan.

People living in homes behind the fence that backs up to the complex tell CBS Austin they, too have gotten knocks on the door. One woman says FBI agents asked to come in her backyard and looked near the fence line of her property.

In the photo with the car (^ last photo in the group above), it appears there are some back stairs, some greenery (not sure if there are windows deeper in there) and then the back of an apartment, which - because it backs up to the parking lot - probably keeps the shades down, possibly all the time.

Not much between her car and the stairs.

The pic of her parents in front of the apartments and the one of her car shows how everything is so close. Some of you may live in that area, but I must rely on the photos.

Got sad when I read there was a grocery list in her car.

Friend reveals Heidi Broussard went through 'rocky break-up' with fiancé earlier this year | Daily Mail Online

Mr. Boyfriend is definitely a piece of work....kinda like a mishmash of PF and CW. However, I am wondering about #3 here. Is it possible that she is in hiding with her baby because she feels either her life or the life of her baby is in danger? Reason is, I have work coming out of my ears going on here, but have Fox on as white noise. On Cavuto, it was just said that the police feel that "she is very much alive". Could she be hiding as a battered woman somewhere? Just askin…..
I considered she might be in a shelter, but I would think that with all the publicity and LE resources out there, she or a shelter spokesperson would inform LE. LE would likely have put out a statement, found safe, no more comments.

I feel like if she were hiding from danger she would have reached out by now. She certainly would have a lot of help to safety by this point. She would be missing her son and know her parents are worried.

No wallet - how would she be eating, diapering baby, she needs postpartum supplies.
Moo

I think it is very possible and what an Xmas blessing it would be. we don’t know what info SC and the Broussard’s were able to give LE about what was actually going on with Heidi. We've heard nothing about it being a crime scene or that there is a crime. If she’s gone by choice, it doesn’t have to be out of fear of danger. Could be she wanted to move on. Idk. Moo

Please check your alerts. :)

Ok, just spit it out. What are you talking about?

Can the Austin PD's Twitter not be linked here?

I see the tweet in question, I think.

Austin Police Department (@Austin_Police) | Twitter

It's the post 12 hours ago, if that's the one of interest.

I wish someone would - I see nothing related to this case. So bizarre.

I didn't either

APD tweet of 12 hours ago re. swat team serving a warrant for suspected human trafficking is NOT related to HB investigation.

SWAT team takes man into custody after human trafficking related standoff

Side note - when one news outlet basically copies another news outlet's story and presents it as breaking news.... #headdesk Makes it very hard to keep up with fast moving stories.
Yeah, especially when the Daily Mail is involved.

Sometimes they do their own reporting, but in this instance, they are merely citing the reporting of Crime Online.

Old news.

Yeah, especially when the Daily Mail is involved.

Sometimes they do their own reporting, but in this instance, they are merely citing the reporting of Crime Online.

Old news.
Journalism just stinks. The opportunity to ask questions that several reporters had when interviewing Shane flabbergasts me.

They need to come here prior to interviewing, we'll give them a bullet point list and pointers :D

I posted that article for the photos trying to make my point.

Oh my gosh - I know - I'm not being critical of you - it just makes me crazy to see the same info in multiple outlets' stories - I just feel like no one is working very hard to suss out new information sometimes. So sorry if you thought I meant that in a negative way towards you - not even close <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82