TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the car seat: my niece's newborn car seat was part of the stroller, the car seat never ever stayed in the car. If she was staying at my house, the car seat would be in my house. When she started day care, the car seat went on the bus, every baby was dropped off to the bus on their own car seats. If Margo(t) was sleeping during the car ride home, Heidi probably didn't want to take the baby out of it, or maybe they always took the baby's car seat home.

This has nothing to do with the case but I'm mortified to know that little babies are bused off to daycare. Another thread, a different forum, I know...

So many bothersome little details that don't add up, unfortunately for the father's part of the story in particular.

Per MSM (KXAN, link below), he (whose FB labels him as "single") tried to call her at noon (or 1:40 or 2pm in later comments - pretty big time change IMO), and it went to VM.

He didn't try to reach her after that, until the school called him at 6pm?

4 to 6 hours of not hearing back between spouses with a newborn - is unusual, as others have pointed out. This is huge all by itself. Excuses (drinking, whatever) or not: Why wasn't he worried that she didn't call him back? Did he keep trying after that, or not even worry about not being able to reach her for 4 to 6 whole hours?

This lapse of concern or action in the afternoon - in addition to his picking up the child first, then going home, and then lah-dee-dah getting around to calling others about her whereabouts after he was home is overwhelmingly suspicious and I'd have to think LE is all over his phone/whereabouts that day/excuses/contacts.

Link:https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/mom-and-2-week-old-baby-missing-last-seen-in-south-austin/
View attachment 220651

The one thing I can say that he did right that day was going to pick up his son immediately. I don’t know about their particular after school care program, but they expect every kid picked up no later than 6:15. By 6:30 they will call the police and have the kid go with them until the parent is located. This policy was the #1 reason why I started my own business, because traffic is so junky that I would never want to risk my kid being sent to hang out with the cops. It would have terrified her even if they were the nicest cops. She would have been worried. So I don’t hold it against him for rushing to get the kid when he got that call.

Since they're both missing -- maybe she brought the books up to the apt. (less to carry at one time), and left baby and purse in the car and went back-- only to be confronted by the kidnapper ?

Yeah, I am not a parent so what would make the most sense? If you had to make two trips in a public-ish area, would you tote the baby with you both times, or keep baby in the car for a minute until you came back?

to me it sounds like the poor kid was hungry after not eating lunch and wanted some hot food and that the dad wasn’t normally the one making him meals or afternoon snacks. It makes me sad.

I have to say that I'm intrigued by these responses. Has nobody here ever taken leftovers home from a restaurant and heated them later? Maybe the daycare has a fridge.

Are these the Nelson Pointe Apartment homes?
No.

This may have mentioned upthread. Did trash collection happen at the apartments today? I'm going to pop a cork if it did. Especially since he was looking for her keys in one.

I’m not far away. Our trash day is today.

Don't you think that the police representative at the press conference tomorrow is going to have to say something to the community regarding their safety or lack thereof? I mean, will the representative say that women with small children need to be vigilant, or will s/he say that there doesn't seem to be a cause for alarm? I wonder how a question like this will be handled.

Don't you think that the police representative at the press conference tomorrow is going to have to say something to the community regarding their safety or lack thereof? I mean, will the representative say that women with small children need to be vigilant, or will s/he say that there doesn't seem to be a cause for alarm? I wonder how they will handle a question like this.

I agree and I think their response to that question could be really telling in what direction they’re leaning in this case.

Don't you think that the police representative at the press conference tomorrow is going to have to say something to the community regarding their safety or lack thereof? I mean, will the representative say that women with small children need to be vigilant, or will s/he say that there doesn't seem to be a cause for alarm? I wonder how they will handle a question like this.

That’s what those of us who live here are quite interested to hear.

I hope that LE addresses this, as I have asked about this myself, but nothing so far has been said in the media about it. We also don't know if the boyfriend took a lie detector test. If their vehicles are being processed by the crime lab, if his phone has been checked as well as hers.

We have heard very little.
LE may have an important lead, and are following it.
Details will be released, only after they have their findings so a POI is not aware.
We just wait, and wonder, going around in circles.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member