Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is the pressor in PST zone?

11 am Pacific. I find it best during a case to google "what time is it in (Austin Texas) to find out difference from my zone.

I was weary when I found out Oscar Pistorius trial started at 3 or 4 am my time... but hung in there! How folks from UK, eastern and western Europe and down under Aussies follow California to Eastern cases live...Kudos @Niner!
HTH

Last edited:
Would she left her son in that case? I would think she would never leave her son.
Yes .
Maybe she was afraid of kidnapping charges herself as the son is SC's and Heidi's together ?
And Heidi felt she couldn't take him with her ?
Another thought was that she could have not dropped him off at school and just hit the road to wherever.
But we know nothing about their home life and maybe she and SC were happy ?

Which brings us back to the abductor that SC believes took them.
SC has made public appeals to the kidnapper.
He also asked neighbors if they heard any screams the day she vanished. And sat for hours asking neighbors questions --according to him in the msm article.

Still hoping security cams somewhere caught something.

Eta : I'd like to hear from those neighbors with whom he spoke to for hours.
What do they have to say ?

Last edited:
All true. I will only add that by the time he called his Dad it had been 11 hours since he had spoken to his wife. That's a long time considering the circumstances.

It is also quite a coincidence that her mother had just left from a out of state visit with them, when this mess happened.

Was this the first day they had alone together to discuss issues, since Mother-in-law was finally gone?
Katydid, can you tell me where the mom's out of state visit comes from? I've been looking for it all morning and can't find it. I would be ever so grateful! :) MOO

I had a situation where I could not reach my husband on his cell or work phone. I had been on the phone with my brother when I realized how late it was. I hung up and tried to call both. Waited about 20 minutes and tried again in case he was in transit. When I didn't reach him that time, I called my brother back and told him. I would switch back and forth trying to call him, then calling my brother back. After a while, I called my husband's business partner to inquire about when he last saw him. Business partner ended up going up to their office and found him deceased from a GSW. He then called 911. I never called 911. Reason being- my husband would have been so annoyed with me if I had and it had been nothing. Not calling 911 first has always been a regret, but it was not my first choice. Often, we feel like we are over-reacting and it is going to turn out to be nothing. If he had a good relationship with his father, I feel it would be completely normal for him to call dad and ask what he thinks he should do. It is exactly what I did.

This is so sad to read. I totally understand your instinct to not panic or embarrass your husband and thinking it was nothing, that is what I would have thought too. How many times have we panicked over a false alarm? In your case it wasn't a false alarm. I am so sorry for your loss - hugs.

Concerning that there is a homeless population near the couples apartment. Taquerias Arandinis restaurant abuts the Club at Summer Valley Apartments. I found one picture of "homeless" men sitting next to the restaurant and apartment fence, on the internet. I snipped another picture from Google Steret View that shows this corner is well worn by transients.

and just east of there quite a large camp just off the sidewalk.

Hmm maybe it (the purse) was in the car and he took it upstairs??? i'm trying to understand this whole situation.
IMO

JMO
I had considered that too. The thing that bothers me about it is if he had done that, then it contrasts (again) with his actions later of looking for security cameras, asking potential witnesses if they heard "screams", going to Cell Phone store to try to get call records, etc.

Why does it contrast with that we may ask?

Because if he knew enough to do all those things later (doing things LE would normally do), then he should have known NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING until LE gets there to process the "Missing Persons Scene".

Some random thoughts:

1. It seems very important for Shane to make us known about the 8am phone call and $25 spent. This establishes the fact that he’s not with her, yet keeps in close contact and was after she was last seen at the school and possibly already home. This is an odd detail that for some reason he feels compelled to tell. He could have easily described the phone call without the info about the $25. This leads me to wonder if she always had to report the money she spent. Most couples don’t need to discuss a $25 purchase OR it could have been casual conversation like “ugh. I don’t know how we always get roped into spending $25 at these book fairs.”

2. SC is sure to mention he called Heidi at 1:40 before he got home at 2pm and noted her phone was off. I’d like to know how many times he continued to call her from 2pm - 6pm? Didn’t he think it was odd that her phone was off and she was nowhere to be found for 4hrs after he got home?

3. Super hinky IMO that he would look in dumpsters and ask neighbors if they heard any screaming! Then to get her phone records almost before police are even involved?? Why does he assume something nefarious happened? How does he know she just didn’t need to get away and spend some time with a friend? Maybe she caught a bus back to Louisiana? Had he knocked on neighbor’s doors at that point and asked if anyone had seen her? He wasn’t alarmed for 4+ hours then all of sudden he’s looking in dumpsters and calling police? Odd.

4. Just odd, odd, odd. If SC doesn’t know where Heidi is, I’ll bet my 2 arms that he knows the person that does.

5. I’m sick of these apartment complexes having fake cameras or cameras that aren’t actually working. WTF?!! If my kids ever choose to live in apartments, you better believe this will be one of the first things I ask about and make 100% sure are working. :/

Hmm maybe it (the purse) was in the car and he took it upstairs??? i'm trying to understand this whole situation.
IMO
He may have also taken the books from the book fair up to their apt.
Thinking that she'd left them in the car for him to bring in later.
With a new baby-- SC may have had more chores to do around the house, as well.
Some men even learn how to vacuum and do the dishes. ;)

All true. I will only add that by the time he called his Dad it had been 11 hours since he had spoken to his wife. That's a long time considering the circumstances.

It is also quite a coincidence that her mother had just left from a out of state visit with them, when this mess happened.

Was this the first day they had alone together to discuss issues, since Mother-in-law was finally gone?

I didn’t know that. Interesting.

Given that i’d really like to hear at the presser that there’s evidence mom wasn't coping well, that her mom leaving was a turning point and that it appears she’s just taking some time.

One can dream.

[URL="https://twitter.com/BfordReporter/status/1207010868992589825"]Brittany Ford on Twitter[/URL]
@Austin_Police is set to address reporters in just minutes on the search efforts for Heidi Broussard & Baby Margot. Several national media outlets are here covering the case. #breaking #developing #Broussard

EMAp-x1W4AAXx-S.jpg

10:53 AM - 17 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members