TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was him (and I’m not saying it was) my main motive would be the baby not being his. Perhaps he had suspicions and did a test and then lost his mind over the results. That would explain why he never refers to Margo as his baby. Moo.

Re motives there is SO much unknown about Heidi’s personal life and relationships. All we really have to go on is SC’s interviews and I guess that is why they are being analyzed minutely! But seriously with, say, Shannan Watts she had a ton of social media (much featuring CW), there were records like past bankruptcy filings, her friends speaking out, etc. There are so many blanks to fill in this case. Was it a stable or on and off relationship? Financial problems? History of conflicts or violence? We don’t know but I’m sure LE does

I thought somebody said they were the dogs of Texas EquuSearch, but I could be conflating two pieces of nearby information. TES does have a 3-day-old listing on its webpage.

No, and that's why we're so confused. We need a timeline, because even I'm confused about this.

He said he searched dumpsters for keys. (When, I'm no longer certain.)

He has said he "sat outside" and asked passersby if they had seen anything.

He said he called the girlfriend he suspected she was with; or maybe that was, he went over there in person? (Anyone can feel free to correct me on this point.)

He said he called her, but continually got voicemail; or maybe no message.

He said he found her car door unlocked, and made sure to point out that he's always nagging her to remember to lock doors. (Her friends on FB originally had this as their apartment door gaping wide open. We now think this was garbled hearsay.)

He can't remember which of her purse, diaper bag, or keys, were inside the car or upstairs in the apartment when he first came home from work (or in the case of the latter item, the dumpster). We've also determined that he does think of the diaper bag and purse as separate entities, and does not lump them all into "similarly shaped things that Heidi carries".

Oh, and btw, the time he first came home from work to find Heidi and Margot gone, supposedly on foot with no diaper bag, supplies, or car keys, was... 1:40PM.

It took him until 6:30 to call his father and say he was worried (father counseled "wait and see"); and until 7:30 to alert the police department.

...Anybody? Did I miss anything? Feel free to correct, lol.

He never even specifies that he calls "the friend" who lives nearby where he thinks she went, nor did he say he ever went there.

You'd think he'd just go there or specify that he called that particular friend.

He just called "Friends" - never says who.

He only says he tried to call her once, at 1:40, and it went to VM. He doesn't ever say he tried again, not even when it was apparent she was "missing".

He doesn't say how he knows, but he claims her phone was "shut off" - when there is no way to know if a phone is off, or battery dead, or in a "dead zone" - and most will try to call again to make sure, especially hours later.

The episode you refer to is the kind of scenario I'm leaning to, in this case.

It wasn't supposed to happen, it was a mistake, a momentary loss of control, didn't mean to hurt her.
I keep seeing him with his hand on his head in that interview as if in disbelief, what have I done, it's not true, attempting to go back in time. I may be completely off here, and it may be a personal thing, because that's how I react if I screw up. Hand on my forehead head......when I spill a full cup of coffee on the table, or drop a glass which shatters all over the floor, or some such thing.
My reaction at distressing news or having witnessed an accident (or recently, witnessing a small plane crash across the street in my area), is a spontaneous clutching my heart.

This is just me probably.....but that body language behavior in the interview for me points to guilt, remorse, disbelief and self recrimination.

But what explains the baby?

It's been hard to keep up with the threads, but I'm assuming people have already addressed him starting to slip up and catch himself at 11:32 on THIS video (it's different times on others). "I left the house at 6:40 and that was the last time I spoke to my......................uh........my son." Granted the question was about the last time he saw HB and maybe he was thinking of that, but then why insert his son all of a sudden?

I distinctly remember a garbled, choked laugh and smile, being twinned with his fishing around for the word "son". (Am I wrong?)

Since we know he did in fact speak with his son well after 6:40AM, this choked laugh and proper noun substitution midstream, strikes me as rather wrong.

Hi @katydid23 :)

I'm having troubles with what are the actual facts so far. Was she supposed to pick up the son? Did the school call or not? Was it preplanned that he would pick him up at 6 knowing he would be home early?

I have listened to his interviews, I don't recall him actually saying that the school called (from what I can figure out, this was something said by a friend on FB and there is no confirmation at all)

I could see him thinking she maybe went to her friends place with the baby, goes to pick up son, assuming that she would be back home by the time he got back because she would have known the son was going to be home at that time too... he gets back and she is still not there... now the concern sinks in. I don't know this guy, I don't know their routines, and I'm not sure there is a routine at this point with a 2 week old baby. Some men just suck at being observant. I'm not sure at what point my husband would call 911 lol I'm afraid to ask!! I'm the worrier in the family, he leaves that up to me!

If he was supposed to pick up the boy, why did the school have to call him at 6?

Yes, the school did call at 6 to say no one had picked up the boy. I am pretty sure that she was the person who picked up and dropped off, as she was the stay at home mom at that time.

And in the original reports, it was said that 'she did not pick up her son.'

Does it makes sense that she would leave her diaper bag and purse at home, turn off her phone, and hang out at a neighbours, and never check in with anyone, including her husband? --- For 11 hours she wouldn't check in with him?

That doesn't make sense to me and it seems weird that he didn't have any concerns about it.

You don't have to be especially 'observant' to realise that your son needs to be picked up from school and your wife's car is in the parking lot and she and the baby are are nowhere to be found.

Oh, I think I know what you mean... do you mean, for example, the way that between at minimum 10:30-17:00 of the giggle-fest (the one where the cameraman zoomed in), SC never once called Heidi by name? It was all "she" and "her". (Before 10:30, I admit I wasn't listening all that well, and it was a chore to finish with his seasick lurchings.) The lady reporter was helpfully framing the questions saying "Heidi" each and every time, too.

I think you're talking about the "Raw" video. A couple of nights ago it was being discussed and someone asked if he'd even used her name so I went back to check and did this (just the beginning):

1:01 He uses her name - Heidi
1:21/22 Uses her name, again
1:25/26 Chokes up when he says it's Heidi's first day taking Margo, by herself
1:37 Uses Heidi's name
1:58 "She was making lunch, right before I left" - smiles
2:28 "she bought three books" - smiles
2:37-46 recounting their AM phone conversion about the books, "I tell her I love you, good bye" - he pauses, smiles, laughs and says "Aw, man, this is hard" (obvious question - what's hard?)
3:00-08 Pausing, smiles, struggles with what to say, says he's been repeating it all day and sighs
3:20-27 reporter asks is she should move on with another question and he says no, it's a good question, smiling, says it's a weird situation, laughs again
3:38-52 really struggling, doesn't know what to say, says he needs to stand up (indicates, to me - MOO - extreme stress/fight or flight/feeling trapped - though he welcomes questions, it should be noted - causes me anxiety just to watch it - no judgement as to source of his stress, just observing)
4:29-35 dad got cancer, chokes up, literally pushes that feeling away by waving his hand, three times and smiles/laughs (my take - emotional guy who pushes away pain)
Camera man begins to play director and I'm stopping there.

I distinctly remember a garbled, choked laugh and smile, being twinned with his fishing around for the word "son". (Am I wrong?)

Since we know he did in fact speak with his son well after 6:40AM, this choked laugh and proper noun substitution midstream, strikes me as rather wrong.
yep, you're correct - he started to do his nervous laugh and then went off camera.

...snipped by me for focus...

He doesn't say how he knows, but he claims her phone was "shut off" - when there is no way to know if a phone is off, or battery dead, or in a "dead zone" - and most will try to call again to make sure, especially hours later.

That is one of the parts that really strikes me as important.

Isnt it true that you would get voicemail even if a person is on the phone, so one cannot really tell the phone was turned off unless they tried calling a bunch of times over a period of time and finally have to assume that.

So how would he be so certain her phone was off at a certain time? It doesnt make sense to me.

Actually it appears that paternity can also be legally established by the couple signing a legal document called Acknowledgment of Paternity. So a DNA test is not the only way to establish legal paternity. I would put my bet that many unmarried parents sign the document and establish it that way.
In some states married couples with different last names are also required to sign them. I didn’t change my name when we got married and so my husband (of almost 20 years at that point) has to sign an acknowledgment of paternity before we could leave the hospital. It is possible that he refused to sign so then the hospital would have done the test. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member