TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bordering on a national story. I’m confused as to why there hasn’t been a press conference yet, with the stakes as high as they are.

Come Monday, things will blow up, as that’s how the news cycle works.

Yeah, that only applies if US intelligence is on to you beforehand, and you are in a foreign country.

They can make your phone appear it is off, if they have infected it beforehand.

It’s useless here. A turned off phone is the same as a phone with a removed battery, a dead battery, or one that is powered down.
Oops. You are correct! As always :)

Maybe I don't understand the TOS correctly, but to me, sleuthing (researching their history, going to their social media, etc) is different from expressing suspicions based on MSM sources. You can always hit the Report button if you feel someone is being sleuthed based on SM or other non-MSM source, and a Mod will get to it.
Has nothing to do with Social Media or MSM or any other source...I have always thought unless a person had been identified by LE as a POI they were off limits to sleuth. Same applies to family. I may be wrong, but it's worked for me for a number of years. Not my rule. But, maybe I don't understand them either.

Can you go wrap some crime scene tape around that dumpster?

(Being half way facetious...)

(ETA: Speaking of which, @MsFacetious and @MsMarple , tag)
Whew! I'm still trying to catch up - thanks for the tag @margarita25! I'm with you on the dumpsters.

With the muddy timeline it's hard figure this one. If HB left on her own then maybe she either had an episode of postpartum psychosis or she felt threatened and was running to safety. If the first then I'm pretty sure she'd have been found by now mainly because she and baby Margot would be awfully cold and hungry after 2 days. If the second then she would have at least taken her IDs and some cash. (I wonder if she did?) And once she saw the news she'd probably contact someone she could confide in.

So... foul play? If so then the first place to look at is her partner then work outward. LE's probably on top of that. I suppose it could have been a home invasion but it makes no sense to kidnap a mother and baby so right now it's way down my list. Disappearing a baby smacks of something personal IMO.

Yeah, I hope LE checks those dumpsters and the wooded areas nearby. And hopefully there are some cameras on the businesses and homes in the area that have captured something.

LE's not saying much. Maybe we'll know more tomorrow. :(

Something ain't right, but we know that. On Adela Ushida's FB video Shane says,
"I went to work, and uh, I talked to her at 8 o'clock, and uh, last time I talked to her. School starts at 7:50 (he fumbles first and almost says 7:40), she drops him off and then she calls me right before I go to work."

So, my question is: why the heck isn't HE dropping their son off at school if he's on his way to work at 8 a.m. anyway? ESPECIALLY since she has a newborn and is likely night feeding still. And, why does she need to call him when she'll likely be home by the time he's leaving? I'm reminded of a post I posted in KB's honour from her Pinterest that read, "If it doesn't add up, it's because the truth was never part of the equation."

Something stinks and it isn't the cheese. JMO

Does someone have a link to this video, please? I haven't seen this particular version.

I find the list of things odd. First thing he does is go to work, then he talks at her at 8, and that's the last time he talks to H. Then school starts, H drops off their son at school, then H calls SC before he goes to work.

I wish all the interviews would be unedited versions so you can tell what exact question was posed for which answer, etc.

Does someone have a link to this video, please? I haven't seen this particular version.

I find the list of things odd. First thing he does is go to work, then he talks at her at 8, and that's the last time he talks to H. Then school starts, H drops off their son at school, then H calls SC before he goes to work.

I wish all the interviews would be unedited versions so you can tell what exact question was posed for which answer, etc.
Kris Betts on Twitter

Yeah. It’s gaining national attention, but the weekday brings “Good Morning America,” and the like.

This is supposed to blow up, but I’ve yet to see the usual signs.

I’m perplexed.
My guess is no press conference because they know what happened and either feel they have all the evidence they need or know where to get it and don’t want to tip their hand. I’ll be surprised if they don’t announce an arrest Sunday or Monday. Complete w/a mug shot of that rat you’ve been smelling.

My guess is no press conference because they know what happened and either feel they have all the evidence they need or know where to get it and don’t want to tip their hand. I’ll be surprised if they don’t announce an arrest Sunday or Monday. Complete w/a mug shot of that rat you’ve been smelling.
You are probably right.

If they had cleared the boyfriend, and had no idea where this mother and newborn was---there'd be pressers and family making pleas for help, and all of what we see when a baby is kidnapped.

The silence makes me think they are just getting their ducks in a row.

You are probably right.

If they had cleared the boyfriend, and had no idea where this mother and newborn was---there'd be pressers and family making pleas for help, and all of what we see when a baby is kidnapped.

The silence makes me think they are just getting their ducks in a row.

I don't know if it's a fair observation, and I am reliant mostly on what you guys post for news reports/pressers. But I don't feel there's as much in the way of police appeals for sightings and information as you would normally have?

Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster. Upthread someone mentioned she could be voluntarily missing by checking into a shelter for victims of domestic violence. Curious -- in a case like this, would the facility be able to contact the police to let them know that she's okay?
Good question. I am not sure of the answer, but I would think if she were checking into a shelter she would have taken both of her children.

Okay, here's a question. What was the temperature like the day SC's interview was filmed? Cold enough to justify wearing a knit beanie? Is he hiding something on his noggin? Scratches?

Also, I hope this isn't against TOS but he looks high as a kite to me. And the flushed cheeks.

I don't understand why the little boy was at school until 6PM that day. That school should have called police by 4:00 if the child wasn't picked up. Why wait all the way until 6? And if the dad was home at 2PM why he wasn't he suspicious about Heidi's car, the diaper bag, etc being there but her and the baby being gone? I agree with everyone else that there are red flags everywhere.

Okay, here's a question. What was the temperature like the day SC's interview was filmed? Cold enough to justify wearing a knit beanie? Is he hiding something on his noggin? Scratches?

Also, I hope this isn't against TOS but he looks high as a kite to me. And the flushed cheeks.
Well he’s wearing a beanie inside during his latest interview, which I don’t do in the dead of winter (inside) unless it’s warm out.

Other than the condition of his cheeks, his strange behavior, the bizarre statements, and the overall circumstances, I don’t think there’s much to see here.

It you catch my drift/drag/whatever the kids say these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member