Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to transcribe, I made bullet points

• SC wakes up everyday at 6:30 AM, he has to go to work first. He left for work.
  • Heidi woke up made lunches, dropped son off at the school book fair.
  • After the book fair Heidi called Shane around 8 something, on her way home from the book fair and told him she spent$25, Shane told her, that's ok. He told her I have to go because I was on my way out (he say's something, but for some reason, it's muted out?).
  • Pretty much I worked until 1 something, I got home around 2.
  • I saw her car, walked upstairs. She wasn't home and her phone was off. So I thought she was at her friends house who lives in our complex with her phone off.
  • She wasn't back yet so I went and picked up my son from daycare and brought him home, and he didn't finish his lunch. So he told me to grill it for him (wth?)
  • Then basically after a little bit I called my Dad, he said don't worry about it too much right now. I called her friends, no one had heard from her. So then I called the cops.
  • They came over here around 7:30 I think. Every since then, I don't know.
  • She's a great Mom, she needs to be back.
  • He tells reporter last time he spoke with Heidi was 8:15, he called cops at 7:15 or 7:30.
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

Sorry guys family is here for dinner can't finish, left off at 2:57 in the video.

Isn't this a completely different scenario than what is originally out there?

Have there been any reports of PPD?

Once I caught up on this thread I was going to bring up the same thing. I wonder if this could actually be a case of PPD?

That's encouraging !!!

I'm assuming Shane has some items of the baby's that are worn/soiled ?
According to past cases I've read about here and elsewhere -- babies smell differently to SAR dogs than adults.
So bringing in specialized search dogs would be helpful.

Hate to say this-- but what about cadaver dogs to check the cars ?

I think we can assume money is tight. It's insanely expensive to live here, and they both have hourly jobs, three kids and a new baby. I'm astonished that a family that size can survive here with hourly wage jobs, a family that size and one parent on leave. A one bedroom there is more than my mortgage. One and Two Bedroom Apartments in Austin, TX | Club at Summer Valley Apartments
Yep, that sounds about right. It is insane to pay this much and yet we do, just to be in ATX. $1400 for ours (1 br/1 ba)

No. I only watched the first 3.5 minutes. In other interviews he was clear he called her at noon and her phone was off. I will try to find those.
When you watch, let me know what you think is sticking out of his right pocket (our right, as you watching the video). At the beginning his Dad, reaches into that pocket to silence his phone, the object is sticking out of the pocket after that. Is it an ink pen?
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

That's encouraging !!!

I'm assuming Shane has some items of the baby's that are worn/soiled ?
According to past cases I've read about here and elsewhere -- babies smell differently to SAR dogs than adults.
So bringing in specialized search dogs would be helpful.

Hate to say this-- but what about cadaver dogs to check the cars ?
An HRD dog sounds like a good idea to me.

It could either help to rule things out or point towards where investigators should look. JMO

At 9:16, in the raw video, he's trying to answer the question where he is asked to talk a little bit more about when and where was the last time he saw Heidi. He can't focus and ends up talking about his son -- the last time he saw his son. Shortly after this point, he suspends the interview by telling the interviewer that he'll have to call her back, or something, because he says that the situation it too weird and he just wants to be "natural."

How hard would it be for a stranger to grab and abduct a woman with a newborn ?

Would they have grabbed just Heidi and assuming she's hold onto her baby for dear life -- shove them into the back of a car ?
Or use a gun or other weapon and threaten them ?

IF the dad thinks they've been abducted (& he seems to) -- does he have any clue as to who would want to harm the family ?
Throwing out some ideas.
BBM

He has said that he doesn't know why anyone would harm them and that they have no enemies. Heidi's mother has also said that she can't think of a single person that would want to hurt her daughter. MOO

An HRD dog sounds like a good idea to me.

It could either help to rule things out or point towards where investigators should look. JMO
Yes, thanks.
Human Remains Dog.
That's the correct term.
Yes, I think you discussed this in another case/thread.

While looking up information about TES (who use horses to cover terrain) I think I read a different article ... something about babies "scenting" differently to dogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member