TX: HELOTES Baby found dead in hot car parked at Texas Walmart

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Two decades ago, this was relatively rare. But in the early 1990s, car-safety experts declared that passenger-side front airbags could kill children, and they recommended that child seats be moved to the back of the car; then, for even more safety for the very young, that the baby seats be pivoted to face the rear. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

Winner of 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing.

Apologies if this has already been linked. 27 hot car deaths so far this year.

Total number of U.S. heatstroke deaths of children left in cars, 2016: 27
Total number of U.S. heatstroke deaths of children left in cars, 2015: 24
Total number of U.S. heatstroke deaths of children left in cars, 1998-present: 688
Average number of U.S. child heatstroke fatalities per year since 1998: 37

http://noheatstroke.org

Not again another little angel lost. There must be a way to help prevent these incidents.

Just a thought that crossed my mind. We, at WS, are aware of way too many of these incidents. Wonder if that is the reason we are so confused when it happens again, and again.

Almost everyone in this country is aware of car seats for little ones, it starts right at the hospital, a car seat is a must when baby and mother are discharged. Possibly make the public more aware of these deadly errors. Come up with suggestions, such as those like leaving a cell phone with the baby, or a shoe. Then, a mass educational campaign. Pamplets and verbal instructions in the hospital, flyers, put notices on baby articles and baby foods. Signs in doctor offices, also come up with an item that can be purchased for this purpose. For an example, a toy that clips to the car seat and repeats 'I'm in the car seat". I'd buy that clip for a baby shower or new born gift.

People don't forget to grab the car seat, let's make it common to grab a 'baby in car seat' reminder. I simply wish we could do something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back