TX TX- Houston - Wht/HispFem 15-25 - 724UFTX - Found in Ditch - Gold Front Teeth/$ Earrings/Sunrise Chicago Jeans - Jan'90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Jane Doe 1990
NCMU1184346c1.jpg

• Date Found
    • Jan 29, 1990
    • Location Found
    • Houston, TX
    • Estimated Age
    • 15-25
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • Hispanic
    • Hair Color
    • Black
    • Eye Color
    • Brown
    • Estimated Height
    • 5'1"
    • Estimated Weight
    • 151 lbs
On January 29, 1990, the body of an unidentified female was found in a ditch off of the 11300 block of Fauna Street in Houston, Texas. She had only been deceased for a couple hours prior to the time of discovery. The decedent is believed to have been a Hispanic female, approximately 15-25 years of age. She had short black hair, approximately 4 inches in length. She had gold caps on both her front top central incisors and a 1 ½ inch diameter scar on the inside portion of her upper left leg. She had pierced ears and was found wearing dangling “$” (dollar sign) earrings. She was also found wearing a white pullover top with the inscription “Company Europe International” and “DE” and blue jeans with four front pockets (“Sunrise Chicago” brand). Her fingernails were painted red. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what she may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, reference case number ML90-0691.

Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1990

Photo 37: Maleah Davis joins list of Houston's 56 missing children: See their faces, bring them home

Two other young Hispanic women were found deceased in Houston, one murdered for sure, and the other dead under unknown circumstances, within a couple months radius in 1989-1990, starting in October and ending in January (this girl).

95UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96uftx.html

Is it just me, or does she look a little bit purple in her autopsy photo? I think that maybe she was killed by strangulation or suffocation.

Two other young Hispanic women were found deceased in Houston, one murdered for sure, and the other dead under unknown circumstances, within a couple months radius in 1989-1990, starting in October and ending in January (this girl).

95UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/96uftx.html

Is it just me, or does she look a little bit purple in her autopsy photo? I think that maybe she was killed by strangulation or suffocation.

The description says it's a reconstruction by an artist, not an autopsy photo. It does look like the artist just copied her deceased facial expression and skin pallor though. :( It would be nice if someone could do an updated sketch to show more how she would have looked in life. MOO.

Am I correct in seeing some similarity here?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

60-61 inches, black hair, brown eyes, scar on left upper leg/thigh. DNA and dentals available for both.

I definitely see a facial similarity CO! No mention of Blanca having gold front teeth but perhaps it's hidden away in her dental records or maybe there were no dental records for her and no smiling photos. The scar locations match and the height is about right. You should send that in. MOO.

Gardener - if it helps, unedited morgue photo available here:

*GRAPHIC*

Thank you CO. So it looks like the "artist" just added open eyes to the autopsy photo and blurred her complexion a bit. Ugh. I wish I had artist talent. This Jane Doe deserves a lifelike, more realistic sketch so she can be recognized. MOO.

(ETA: I don't mean to criticize LE-- far from it-- I'm sure this was a high tech 90's technique for rendering morgue photos when it when done, but LE often updates these things and I think it's time for them to update this one. MOO).

Last edited:
Gardener - if it helps, unedited morgue photo available here:

*GRAPHIC*

Yeah, that was the photo to which I was referring in my last post. I didn't know if OP had seen it. Her skin looks a little discolored, and I know it's not due to decomposition since she had only been dead for a few hours before being found, so I speculated that any possible discoloring is due to loss of oxygen.

724UFTX - Unidentified Female​

724UFTX1.jpg

Reconstruction by NCMEC; crowns on victim's front teeth. To view a postmortem photo, please click here.

Date of Discovery: January 29, 1990
Location of Discovery: Houston, Harris County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: Hours
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 15-25 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Height: 5'0" to 5'2"
Weight: 150-152 lbs.
Hair Color: Black, 4" in length.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: 1 ½ inch in diameter scar on the left upper leg. Both earlobes pierced. Fingernails painted red.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available. Two open-face gold crowns on upper front teeth.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: A white or tan, midriff shirt with a picture of the Eiffel Tower. Sunrise Chicago brand blue jeans with four front pockets; pullover with the inscription “Company Europe International” and “DE"; bright red panties.
Jewelry: Gold, dangling earrings in a dollar sign ($) shape.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was located in a ditch, at 11300 Fauna Street in Houston, Texas.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 1-713-796-6858
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: ML90-0691

NCIC Case Number: U425879588
NamUs Case Number: 2097
NCMEC Case Number: 1184346
Former Hot Case Number: 1238

Information Source(s)​

PM WARNING FOR EVERY LINK BESIDES NCMEC
NamUs
Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
TXDPS
NCMEC

Admin Notes​

Added: 9/28/08; Last Updated: 6/11/18

Last edited:
Rule outs

Patricia Schmidt 1985 VA
Tiffany Sessions 1989 Florida

So in the Telephone Road area, practically off of Airport Way (Hobby). I'm thinking that there is another UID that was found very close by, but my brain is like a sieve these days so...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back